For all that you hold sacred - Drop-down, scrollable option boxes PLEASE!

MichaelL.

So, the left-right arrow option selectors for most of the menu input boxes are fine - IF there is a limited and fixed number of options to chose from.  However:  For all that you hold dear, PLEASE use drop down, scrollable selector boxes for when you have a ton of options - especially those that are based on variable lists.  For example - selecting a map to generate a game off of:  I know I'm not the only one, but I end up with a gazillion (slight exaggeration) of generated worlds when running prefab testing - imagine our dismay when we realize we have to scroll/click 50 times to get from the "Advance Random World Generator" to "West Xuyofu Territory." 

The absolute worst of all is in the Prefab Editor when tying to find a specific "part."  OMFG!  Somebody please shoot me now!  There are currently 263 available (vanilla) parts in A20.  It is mind-bogglingly arduous to have to scroll through the entire friggin' list, one-by-one, to find that one single Part you need for your build. "No honey!  You go ahead and finish dinner and go to bed.  I'll be here a while clicking my way to get to part_driveway_residential_back_04 for my prefab."   😫

Seriously!  Drop-down option boxes with scroll bars are your friend!  An auto-fill option would be nice as well - start typing and the list auto-filters.  It's 2022 folks, and this ain't no arcade game for DOS....    ;) 

Edited by MichaelL. (see edit history)

2 hours ago, MichaelL. said:

The absolute worst of all is in the Prefab Editor when tying to find a specific "part."  OMFG!  Somebody please shoot me now!  There are currently 263 available (vanilla) parts in A20.

Oh yeh, sing it, brother. The last I counted, my own library of parts add 170 to the TFP count.

One short cut -- I'm not calling it a solution -- is when you have multiple parts, the current part when you bring up the selector is set to the last part you viewed. So if you have placed two parts -- the first being a TFP part -- the second being a part from your library -- you can at least start the "next, next, next, next" doom clicking kind of close to your destination.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)