Console Versions.

ZeromusZX

So in general there will not be an update to the PS4 version of 7Days if I'm reading correctly? If so it's not really worth buying two PS5s for my wife and I to warrant me buying two more copies of the game. Just would like a full blow answer to this question, not a post bump.

Yes. There is a new company that has entered a contract with TFP to port the eventually finished and released PC game to the new consoles. This will be a new game that has no links and nothing in common with the old console version made by telltale.

They might also try to port the game to the old consoles as well but in my opinion that is a pipe dream.

Thank you for a straight answer. My wife and I loved playing the game, but we don't have the finances to shell out for new PlayStations (that are hard to get ahold of at the moment) and get two more copies of the game. Would love to play it, but it's just not realistic right now lol.

Well to be fair, the next console version is probably a good 2-3 years away.

Joel has said that he wants to make it backwards-compatible with the older systems. Like meganoth though, I'm not holding my breath on that. Unless the gold standard for it is 30FPS. I think it might be able to hit that after a lot of optimizations in the code.