compound bow/crossbow

Tarnish

Hello All, 

I was curious what everyone's thoughts on the bows/crossbows? 

My feedback on the bow/crossbow is the following

PROS

• Strong single shot damage
  • strong sneak damage
  • high chance to dismember when archer skills achieved
  • ammo retention with retrieval of arrows
  • Variety of arrow types depending on resources/stage/game progression 

Cons

• Reload speed is slow
  • too slow for multiple fast targets or horde
  • need a secondary weapon
  • once you have a secondary weapon it feels better than the bow/crossbow

Suggestion

What I suggest is arrows go through zombies once you get the steel arrows and compound crossbows/bows. This will give you the ability to harm more than 1 zombie at a time and add a benefit for blood moon. This will allow an archer to dismember potentially multiple zombies or kill multiple zombies with 1 arrow. This change only to zombies will keep it from becoming overpowered against players while allowing players to be an archer if they so choose on the 7th night and feel like they are supporting their team. I understand most people will use multiple weapons in survival settings but having a primary that can be used in all settings just feels better in game. I have 100 hours played as an archer specifically because I enjoy the fantasy of using one with zombies. 

Support my channel 

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

too slow for multiple fast targets or horde

Not if you use the right arrows / bolts. I currently use the crossbow with exploding bolts as my primary weapon in my horde base. It is a simple raised corridor with 3 barriers  made out of concrete bars and 5 electric fences running from left to right. With the exploding bolts I can shoot through the bars and kill about 5-10 zombies per shot.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Not if you use the right arrows / bolts. I currently use the crossbow with exploding bolts as my primary weapon in my horde base. It is a simple raised corridor with 3 barriers  made out of concrete bars and 5 electric fences running from left to right. With the exploding bolts I can shoot through the bars and kill about 5-10 zombies per shot.

you know what, I just crafted some. you are probably right. I haven't had a chance to use them yet.