Should the PoI guide lights be gone?

6 hours ago, RyanX said:

Quick elephant in the room:

How are the lights even operating at this point?  There shouldn't even be lamps operating this long after an apocalypse.  Yet another immersion breaker.  I'm sure there are plenty of pretend theories that really don't make sense to follow.

Well, I have yet to see a power cord so I assume they are either solar powered or battery power.  And I just assume that the same person going around restocking the vending machines in a town full of zombies and 2 live people (me and the trader) also changes out the batteries  😉

1 hour ago, zztong said:

• I can gloss over the notion that 10-year old gasoline can still run a motor even though that gas would be useless in reality.

That is something I changed.  I created a new resource (simply called badGas for now) that you harvest from drums, cars, and fuel pumps.  You can refine it into usable fuel, but not at a 1/1 ratio.

However........I did that not for realism, but because I didn't like the fact that survivors can walk into a house, come out with drinkable drinks and edible food.  I wanted to emphasis of prepping for the day at your base before going on a loot run so no more jumping on one of my motorized vehicles and just getting gasoline from car wrecks on the way there or back.

19 hours ago, zztong said:

I can gloss over the notion that 10-year old gasoline can still run a motor even though that gas would be useless in reality.

Well, that depends.  Fuel can last a long, long time.  For example, kerosene can last up to 25 years if sealed properly.  Not sure about gasoline, but I'm sure if sealed properly could last a while.