[A20] In-Universe Junk — New food, drink, and tool items to populate your Random Gen!

vergilsparda

(*More to be added as I learn xpath coding, like junk, medications, and recipes)

YKyrudF.png

ABOUT

In-Universe Junk includes the food, and in time, junk and clutter that you can find on store shelves, in freezers and coolers and around the world, but wasn't actually "in" the game. You can now find the various food items on said shelves alongside vanilla food and ingredients now! A shelf with a six pack might actually have a six pack now, or some vanilla wafers, chips, or raw flour, if that's your thing. But don't expect them to always be fresh! After all, food does go stale after a while*.

*Some of the food will take away health, because it's considered "stale" based on if it's reasonably perishable in real life, this doesn't add a special buff or anything, just to clarify. Maybe in time it will!

This is a mod I've been wanting to make since The Fun Pimps added in the new block models, but I didn't know how to do xpath modding until recently.

SCREENSHOTS

Screenshots of a few of the items in this mod found out in random loot, alongside vanilla loot:

Spoiler

3DYYeZI.png

vyunoZS.png

CbP8M4m.png

1o0rJiU.png

Screenshots of a few of the changed recipes:

Spoiler

2xUAPEI.png

GFaHM6v.png

DANHYYh.png

CURRENT FEATURES

• 8 new sodas, based on the fountain sodas shown in the soda fountain model
  • 1 new "Sport Drink", based on the tall beverage coolers added in Alpha 20
  • 1 new alcoholic drink, "Red Impact" wine, based on the wine bottle decorations added in Alpha 20
  • 10 new food and ingredient items based on the new Shamway Foods shelves and Freezer containers added in Alpha 20
  • 1 new "bundle" item that works similar to quest reward bundles, that can be found in the world—a six-pack of soda, that can be opened for a 1/9 chance to receive 6 of one of the 8 sodas in this modlet, or a chance to receive up to six Mega Crushes (subject to change based on feedback!)
  • [NSFSS!] New custom, client-side icons for every added item, some completely original and made as close to the original material as possible (others are screenshots, scaled, fixed, and color-corrected).
  • Same loot probability as vanilla to find any of the items in this modlet in the appropriate food- and drink-based containers (appended lootgroups and lootcontainers to add in items without removing any vanilla items)
  • 1 modified lootgroup (groupShamewayFreezer01) so that only the items visibly in the freezer model are able to be looted, while keeping groupFoodTrash so that rotten flesh, empty jars, empty cans, and bones can still be found, since it seems appropriate
  • Three recipes based on the items this modlet adds / changes to vanilla recipes based on the newly-added items, with full support for finding in loot!
    • A new tea recipe based on the "SleepyTime Tea" item added in this mod, Sleepy Time Tea. Tastes like chamomile!
    • A new tea recipe using previous tea, this time with added honey for a curing effect! Perfect for those sore throats and looming zombie infection!
      • A new, accompanying schematic for said tea! (Can also be unlocked with Master Chef rank 2)
    • A new food recipe, "White Bread", which is exactly what it sounds like, using flour from this mod!
  • Box of Nails, which acts like the Six Pack, and gives a random amount of nails when opened!
    • Also gives back appropriate material when opened (paper)!
  • Changes to existing cooking recipes to use flour instead of cornmeal as an ingredient—say goodbye to gritty, sand-like pie crusts, toast, gravy, and buns!
  • Alternative version that adds in new recipes featuring flour instead of cornmeal—for those that prefer to use either/or!
  • !NEW IN 1.2.a! Six new food and drink items based on the items on vanilla store shelves, in vanilla small shopping baskets, and in vanilla drink coolers, added in A20
    • Arizona Potato Granules, Butter Balance Butter Spread, Mashed Potatoes, Orange Juice, Red Tea Herbal Tonic, and Star Cola!
  • !NEW IN 1.2.a! One new bundle, based on an item on the tool shelves added in A20
    • Tool Bundle, which features a random chance to receive one or more random quality tool or Steel Tool Parts!
  • !NEW IN 1.2.a! Two new recipes for Orange Juice and Mashed Potatoes
  • !NEW IN 1.2.a! Replacer recipes for items featuring Mashed Potatoes!
    • Recipes include Sham Chowder and Shepard's Pie.
  • !NEW IN 1.2.b! Alternative recipes for items featuring mashed potatoes!
    • Version B adds in new recipes, as opposed to Version A, which replaces them.

PLANNED/UPCOMING FEATURES

• New food based on some of the items in the new shopping basket model added in A20, as soon as I can figure out what the Arizona box is supposed to be (it's some kind of potatoes, I think?) Added in 1.2!
  • New drinks based on the tall beverage coolers and Savage Country small coolers added in A20, as soon as I figure out what brands they're supposed to be Added in 1.2!
  • New scrappable tool items, based on the new Working Stiffs tool shelves added in A20 Some added in 1.2!
  • New scrappable electronics items, based on the new Mo' Power electronics shelves added in A20
  • New medical items, based on the new Pop n' Pills medicine shelves added in A20/A19 (depreciated, no need for new medical items because the vanilla items work just fine)
  • More tool bundles, like perhaps the Impact Driver bundle, which may contain scrap iron, motor tool parts, or even the elusive Impact Driver!
  • More recipes for more foods, like Roasted Vegetables, White Toast, and Pumpkin Toast
  • Recipe Replacers and alternatives, that either replace or alternate Animal Fat into Butter, where applicable
  • Future rework for A21 compatibility, when A21 releases to stable
  • More language localization

COMPATIBILITY

Should work seamlessly with existing saves, although you may have to loot new containers, or wait until previously-looted containers reset. If you're worried, then use a new save, or at least back it up!

(My personal modlet list changed between versions 1.0 and 1.2, please look under spoiler for new list! Please note this does not include CompoPack48, but CompoPack48 is also being used)

Spoiler

dSIcZxk.png

MISC

I really recommend that you do not eat the flour raw, otherwise it might kill you. Try turning it into White Bread!

(I still having figured out how github works, sorry)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.2.1a (RECIPE REPLACER)  

⇉   DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.2.1b (RECIPE ADDER)  

P.S. Major shout out and thanks to the Unofficial Modding Discord, @doughphunghus, @magejosh and @Shavickk, and the plethora of available tutorials on the forums and on YouTube for helping me figure out how to make this modlet! :D

Edited by vergilsparda
1.2.1(a+b) hotfix for recipes.xml, adds proper tags to Sleepy Time Tea with Honey so it actually unlocks! (see edit history)

CHANGELOG

Version 1.2( a + b )

• 🎉 More bug fixes and additions, some finalized! Take a gander below!

NEW ITEMS

• Potato Granules — Arizona brand Potato Granules, an item found on store shelves, in shopping baskets, and in general food loot. Used to make Mashed Potatoes, Shepard's Pie, and Sham Chowder (replacer and additions).
    • (Mostly) Faithful item icon made possible thanks to Schwanz9000; although item icon has been cleaned up as the original texture is almost illegible. After all, I don't think it was supposed to be paid much attention to, since it's a small item in a small decoration block (the small shopping baskets).
  • Butter — Butter Balance Butter Spread, a new item found in freezers. Used to make Mashed Potatoes. Added to complete the group of freezer items in this modlet!
  • Mashed Potatoes — Made from 3 Boiled Water, Potato Granules, and Butter. A Low-Tier food item, much like all the other food in this modlet! (Note: Mashed Potatoes uses just the ceramic bowl from the Gumbo Stew item icon; if this is an issue, whether with copyright or otherwise, please let me know so I can change it)
  • Herbal Tonic — Red Tea brand Herbal Tonic, a new non-soda drink found in general food and drink loot. Works like both Vitamins (Dysentery Resistance) and Mega Crush (Run Speed), for halved duration of both effects. The item itself will show a duration of 7 minutes, but this is merely both effects combined together.
  • Star Cola — Star Cola brand soda. This finalizes the available sodas in universe and in this modlet! Thanks again to Schwanz9000, who graciously gave me the names to all of these! Texture faithfully recreated to best of author's ability.
    • This, as well as the Herbal Tonic, have also been added to soda bundles, which finalizes it! Every drink in the game minus milk has been added! Huzzah!
  • Orange Juice — Made from Juice Aid Concentrate (now renamed!), it can be made from one bottle of concentrate and 4 Boiled Water, no campfire needed! There will be no scurvy in this apocalypse, damn it!
  • Tool Set Bundle — A new bundle, made from the tool case on Working Stiffs tool shelves; more common than tools at lower game stages, it has a random chance to give you any of the following tools or items in random quality (4 or below):
    • Repair Hammer, Ratchet, Steel Tool Parts, or Scrap Iron

NEW/CHANGED RECIPES

• Replacer version and Alternative version that replaces or changes the following recipes to use Potato Granules instead of raw potatoes, for those that want them:
    • Shepard's Pie, Sham Chowder
  • Orange Juice recipe — 4 Boiled Water, 1 Juice Concentrate!
  • Mashed Potato recipe — 1 Potato Granule, 3 Boiled Water, 1 Butter —> Makes 3 Mashed Potatoes, as the original texture inspiration (Idaho Potato Granules) says the box makes 3 Servings!

BUG FIXES AND CHANGES FROM 1.1(+ b)

• All existing Sodas, as well as newly added Star Cola and Herbal Tonic have faithfully-recreated and updated textures thanks to author's stumbling upon of AssetStudio! Textures ripped were not used directly, merely referenced.
    • Did you know the soda logos on both the fountain and the vending machines are supposed to have bubbles on them? Peppy PhD even has a pair of cherries! This is what the author gets for not examining them well enough (and using Half-sized textures). However, the soda item textures have been updated to reflect this new discovery, so hopefully your sodas will look extra spiffy in this new update!
  • Red Impact wine now properly displays item description. Somebody (not naming any names) forgot to spellcheck the DescriptionKey value. 🙄
  • Existing Sodas now also properly display item Descriptions! They happened to work before, but the author isn't quite sure how as they did not previously have the DescriptionKey value present in their XML entries. Wacky!
  • Box of Nails now properly displays both item icon and Description, thanks to unifying the item icon, item XML name value, and DescriptionKey value. Thank you to @rallenb3 for pointing this out!
  • Similarly, thanks to Rallenb3, SleepyTime Tea Bags now exists within loot groups. Now you should be able to find and craft as much tea as your survivor's bladder can possibly handle!
  • Juice Aid Concentrate, Frozen Pizza, Frozen Vegetables, Cajun Seasoning, and more or less every item description has been either tweaked or updated to be more concise, and with proper line breaks. No more branded items, or falling asleep due to the length of their descriptions!
  • Corona Wipes item icon has, unfortunately, been removed from item icon atlas folder indefinitely, as it was not originally intended to be in said folder. New folder organization structure for author to create and update mods now reflects this, and should not happen again. If it does, author is just very easily distracted and more than likely forgot, again
  • Many, many other bugfixes to ensure that everything is working. If something breaks, please let me know as soon as possible so that a hotfix or update can be properly published

Changelog for older versions:

Spoiler

Version 1.1

• 🎉 Many bug fixes and additions. Take a gander below!

NEW ITEMS

• Boxes of Nails — these work the same way six packs do (like bundles), and give the player a random amount of nails when opened, as well as one paper, because why would you throw away a perfectly good box? You might need it!
  • Sleepy Time Tea Bags and Sleepy Time Tea — a new type of plant* resource, and its accompanying recipe and item, a new type of Tea.
    • (* not actually a plant, just acts like one. I have no idea how to add plants)
  • Sleepy Time Tea with Honey — the cooler Sleepy Time Tea. Adds an 8% infection cure , smack dab in the middle of Honey jars (5%) and Herbal Antibiotics (10%).
    • Requires either Master Chef Rank 2, or the Sleepy Time Tea Recipe schematic. Both found in loot, albeit one rarer than the other (the tea, of course)
  • White Bread — for when pumpkin bread is a little too bougie for your post-apocalyptic palette. And also because of the recipe changes to items that previously used cornbread... But mostly because of the palette thing.

NEW/CHANGED RECIPES

• After some deliberation and feedback from members of the Unofficial Modding Discord, I decided against adding in separate recipes for items that would logically require flour because they would only cause unwanted cluttering of the recipe UI. They are now replaced; however, if enough people would like separate recipes, I am willing to add those in, to make sure everyone is happy with the product they're receiving!
  • Recipes effected:
    • Blueberry Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Bread, and Tuna Gravy on Toast.
  • Some recipes now also require White Bread instead of Cornbread, because who uses corn bread as a chili dog bun?
    • Recipes effected:
      • Chili Dog, Tuna on Gravy Toast
  • New recipes include the following:
    • Sleepy Time Tea, Sleepy Time Honey Tea, and White Bread.

BUG FIXES AND CHANGES FROM 1.0

• When drinking soda cans, they would foolishly think they're suddenly made of glass and give you back empty jars! Now they give back empty cans, like logic intended.
    • May later add actual empty Soda Cans if people would like them, to further one's immersion
  • Soda frequency was far too high; give the vanilla drinks a chance, you sugary little tricksters! Sodas should now pop up less frequently, giving loot and your post apocalyptic teeth a much needed break from added sugars.
  • Boxed and canned foods from this modlet now also give the appropriate materials where applicable.
    • As an example, Diamond Brand Chips now give back one scrap polymer for your efforts of eating the entire stack of chips, because where else would the packaging go? Don't tell me you ate that too!
      • Subject to change based on feedback, and if I really feel like using buffs to add more objects (because a can of Rhymes-With-Shingles is not made entirely
        of plastic; it has a plastic top, but a cardboard body, and could be either or).
  • Every new item added shows up properly in loot, thanks to major help from the Unofficial server in teaching me how to use the right xPath syntax!
  • Similarly, groupShamwayFreezer01 should now properly work, thanks to proper syntax when setting the lootgroup to the modlet's own custom. No more canned goods and fresh produce in freezers! You'll still more often than not find discarded goods, though, like empty cans and other trash items.
  • xPath and Localization fixes to various previously implemented items. Now things should show the right stats when you look at them, thanks to custom ui_displays, as well as having display names and descriptions!
    • Sports Drink now shows appropriate Efficient Digestion time. Was previously showing 2:30 in its stats, but only actually giving 1:40 when consumed. It now shows the appropriate time (2:30, or a little over half of Red Tea). And yes, 50% efficient digestion is not a typo! Replacing electrolytes is good for the body, so the drink should reflect that.
    • Sleepy Time Honey Tea, Sodas, and wine now no longer shows a bunch of useless stats that don't apply. Hooray for UI decluttering!
  • Similarly, all items, previous and new, are prefixed with parenthesis for easier organization when sorting boxes, backpacks, and loot. When I figure out which character sorts them last, I will change it. But for now, items are sorted by type (Canned, Perishable, NonPerishable, Edible, Inedible, Sodas, Tea, Resource, Sport Drink, and Wine) to help keep this modlet's items grouped together.

Version 1.0

• 🎉 Initial Release   
Edited by vergilsparda
Version 1.2 Changelog! (see edit history)

VERSION 1.1 NOW LIVE!

I first want to give a major apology for dropping this modlet and then dipping for three months. Simply put, as soon I ended up putting it out, I got fed up with my computer's inability to long-play 7 Days (not TFP's fault, or the game's; I need to get more RAM), and basically dropped it like Andy dropping Woody in Toy Story. But thankfully, I've gotten back into the grove of things after playing with my own modlet and finding some things out of place, unrefined, and generally not bug-fixed. So I did that...

And then I added a some more stuff!

Don't worry, however, because it isn't overstuffed; just some logical items and logical food for your post-apocalyptic role-playing needs.

This also fixes a lot of issues that were present in the initial release of the modlet, so definitely update it when you get the chance. I cannot speak to whether you will need to start a new game after updating, and I won't say yes or no in case you do need to (I do not want my modlet to cause CTD's or corruptions), but just to be safe, please make sure you play this in a new game, or at the very least back up your current save before you update!

Feedback is very much appreciated as well, and I'm here to answer any questions even though this modlet is pretty straight-forward.

Happy looting, everyone!

Edited by vergilsparda
brain too fast for fingers, used wrong word (see edit history)

I read in your comment in your recipes.xml that you still don't know how recipes work now it would take to long to explain how they work but, for now you just need to know how to code them. now I am not a traditional coder I will take short cut every chance I get to make things easier and a very good and easy short cut is to use the code that is already in the xml files you can't do this with all the xml's but, you can with recipes.xml you do your append line then you find a recipe that matches the recipe you want to make and example is you want a campfire recipe with 3 ingredients and unlocks with perkmasterchef well you find a campfire recipe that has three ingredients and has perkmasterchef tag copy and paste it into your recipes.xml change the ingredients to the ingredients you want change the count of ingredient to what you want, and so on until you have your recipe. so your are just modifying the game recipe to do what you want.  you can use this tip or not that is up to you.

oh also my last playthru I got a total of 3 or 4 bags of flour that is not enough. now since they make flour from corn in real life you could just add a flour recipe that uses corn the recipe would be just like the cornmeal recipe except you get foodwhiteflour instead of foodcornmeal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 9:01 PM, rallenb3 said:

[snipped for brevity, but thank you so much for the explanation!! It means a lot]

oh also my last playthru I got a total of 3 or 4 bags of flour that is not enough. now since they make flour from corn in real life you could just add a flour recipe that uses corn the recipe would be just like the cornmeal recipe except you get foodwhiteflour instead of foodcornmeal.

Right now flour is currently in the "foodgroupCommon" lootgroup, which is a vanilla lootgroup. I don't want to mess any further with vanilla lootgroups, so a recipe for flour is defintiely needed, and something I completely forgot about!

Here's a direct link to the update, which will be on the main forum post and the changelog in a couple minutes as I write it up, but this includes a recipe for making flour (backpack, since workbench or campfire seems redundant) and duplicate/alternative recipes for every food item I changed from cornmeal to flour. I tested them in-game and they all work, so long as the appropriate recipe has been unlocked!

For now, flour costs 5 ears of corn and 2 small rocks, because I unfortunately do not know how to add assets into the game via the Unity editor and thus cannot make a custom crafting block like a mortar and pestle. However, I can add a mortar and pestle item that is consumed alongside the flour, but is returned. But that would also complicate things because then flour would need to become a bundle and yada, yada. I think two small rocks suffice, because some of those rocks you find on the ground are massive! Perfect for grinding corn into flour. If you'd rather I use cornmeal instead of ears of corn, please let me know, since I know the more realistic thing would be cornmeal. If you'd like to change it yourself, just look in recipes.xml for the "foodflour" recipe at the bottom, just before the duplicate vanilla recipes, and change the corn to cornmeal!

VERSION 1.1. HOTFIX NOW LIVE!

This is just a quick version that adds in a recipe for flour! Replacer version still replaces vanilla recipes that include cornmeal with flour. Link to old 1.1 version has been depreciated and will no longer be available to download—the new link is the new version, so please be sure to redownload if you'd also like a recipe for flour!

VERSION 1.1.b HOTFIX NOW LIVE!

This is just a quick version that adds in a recipe for flour and also adds in duplicate/alternative recipes for the items changed in 1.1. Link is new, and original forum topic has been changed to reflect the changes made to both versions (with clear wording, hopefully!)

On 11/10/2022 at 3:17 AM, vergilsparda said:

Right now flour is currently in the "foodgroupCommon" lootgroup, which is a vanilla lootgroup. I don't want to mess any further with vanilla lootgroups, so a recipe for flour is defintiely needed, and something I completely forgot about!

Here's a direct link to the update, which will be on the main forum post and the changelog in a couple minutes as I write it up, but this includes a recipe for making flour (backpack, since workbench or campfire seems redundant) and duplicate/alternative recipes for every food item I changed from cornmeal to flour. I tested them in-game and they all work, so long as the appropriate recipe has been unlocked!

For now, flour costs 5 ears of corn and 2 small rocks, because I unfortunately do not know how to add assets into the game via the Unity editor and thus cannot make a custom crafting block like a mortar and pestle. However, I can add a mortar and pestle item that is consumed alongside the flour, but is returned. But that would also complicate things because then flour would need to become a bundle and yada, yada. I think two small rocks suffice, because some of those rocks you find on the ground are massive! Perfect for grinding corn into flour. If you'd rather I use cornmeal instead of ears of corn, please let me know, since I know the more realistic thing would be cornmeal. If you'd like to change it yourself, just look in recipes.xml for the "foodflour" recipe at the bottom, just before the duplicate vanilla recipes, and change the corn to cornmeal!

Happy to help out. I love this mod. I already added a flour recipe and your recipes to your mod I am using in my game. xml I am good at.  adding assets of any kind I no nothing about. lol

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rallenb3 said:

I thought I should let you know your box of nails icon doesn't show it just has the bundle icon in the top left corner but, the rest is clear.

on your custom icon the value is resourceBoxoffNails but the actual icon in atlas's is toolBoxoffNails.

Will update with a fix when I have the time, apologies! It should be easy to fix if you just swap out the value with the icon name in the atlas. My sincerest apologies!

I haven't been at my computer in the past week or so due to illness and general mental health, so I haven't been able to update. Hopefully I'll get over this soon and can return. Seasonal allergies + a seasonal cold + seasonal depression is a mighty evil combination. 😠

But if anything, the fix would be in the next "big" update, thanks to schwanx9000's absolutely incredible answer to a question I had in another thread I made asking about some items that I wanted to add, but didn't know what they were. So be on the look out for a third update, which will include all previous fixes, as I figure out how to get good screenshots or even extract the models to get at them properly; that includes: instant mashed potatoes (with alternative recipes, intended as a low tier "stew" like meal, because who doesn't love mashed potatoes?), a new brand of soda, and a new energy drink! I won't @ schwanz directly because he's probably very busy and I do not want to bloat his mentions, but seriously I cannot thank him and Roland enough for helping give me an answer to a question I've had since the new block models dropped

7 hours ago, rallenb3 said:

When are you planning on adding the wet wipes and how are they going to be used I seen the icon in atlas's.

It mostly depends on how many people think it would add unnecessary bloat vs being a practical object.

As for what they would do, I would probably add them as a very common, but low-percentage infection cure (I'm talking 1% or less, if possible), that can be used as a very quick fix to cure an infection if needed, similar to how antibacterial wipes work in real life to prevent germs from getting on your hands. The science is probably very wrong (I am not a scientist by any means), but it feels realistic enough. If I didn't add it as an infection cure, I would probably make it a clutter item that scraps down into plastic or cloth, as I originally intended to do with all the other "tools" on shelves.

I'd thought about adding items as clutter, like the tape measure, paint, and drill bits, as well as turning the tool box into a rare item loot drop that opens like a bundle and gives you one or two randomly-leveled, randomly-chosen small tools (like a repair hammer, ratchet, wrench, scrap iron, or something like that). I believe there is also an actual drill box on the shelves, which would also be an extremely rare item drop that opens like a bundle and would give you the power tool (I can't remember what it's called, impact driver I think).

However it really is just a balance of what would be considered "bloat" and unnecessary and if anybody would want any of those things. The icon wasn't even originally supposed to be there, either, which is entirely my fault! Really shows you how scrambled my brain has been since daylight savings kicked in, haha.

Please note that the new items and fixes probably will not drop until after Christmas, as that is the time I will be getting a sizeable bonus from my job and I can invest in some PC upgrades order to play 7 Days without it threatening to explode, as recently I have been unable to play due to build restraints. And if anyone is reading this, you included Rallen, I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to my attention and also having the patience to wait, should you decide to.

Happy Holidays, too, if you celebrate!

The sleepytime tea bags are not in the loot.xml

I already fixed my version for both issues the icon and the the bags. I am looking forward to the new stuff. I no what you are going through I have PTSD with bipolar disorder and I have to deal with depression all the time.

If you want to you can look me up on the nexus rallenb3 and check out my mods and see how my code is and how it looks. now it is not always formatted perfectly but, it doesn't need to be just as long as everything is in the right order and right place it will work. I have seen a modder put his code in straight lines one line after another like in a book and it worked perfectly fine. I couldn't do it that way I wouldn't be able to read it like that but, every modder has there on way of doing there code. It just doesn't need to be neat and perfect to work.

You actually can learn a lot from other modders code.

• vergilsparda changed the title to [A20] In-Universe Junk — New food, drink, and tool items to populate your Random Gen!

VERSION 1.2(a+b) NOW LIVE!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! I hope everyone's holidays and/or end-of-year vacations went well, and if you celebrate any holiday from the past few weeks, I hope there were plenty of presents, good food, and spirits to go around this year.

With a new year came much needed relaxation and de-stressing for myself; I finally upgraded my PC and can play even the vanilla game without difficulty now, which is awesome. It's what motivated me to finish version 1.2. This version includes proper fixes for the hotfixes in versions 1.1a and 1.1b, as well as a bunch of new stuff you can look through on the changelog, the main forum page, or just in-game, if you'd like to do so. It felt really damn good to finish this version.

As it stands, this will probably be the last "big" update to this mod—there is only so much a person can add from the finite amount of little clutter items in the game, and I am nearing that finite amount. All pre-apocalypse items that I wanted to add have been added, all clutter items I wanted to add have been added, and all that's really left is to listen to feedback and fix any bugs or imbalances I've undoubtedly managed to create. Please understand I am not abandoning this mod, though I know I've gone long periods without updating it—it will probably be in a "finished" state at some point, but it will be there for as long as the internet exists.

And it will be updated for future Alpha versions, and even after the game goes Gold and is finished. This modlet is a small thing, but I am proud of it, and I'm grateful for everyone who downloaded it in its initial version and these new updates. I wasn't expecting so many people to do so, given how silly and frivolous the contents of it are!

I've also already @'d them on the post, but I'd like to thank @rallenb3 again for pointing out two of the major bug fixes in this version of the mod, which I foolishly overlooked in my haste to release 1.1.

And to everyone who downloads 1.2, thank you. I'm glad you can share the love of tiny game details as much as I do enough to continue playing with this modlet. You have no idea how much it warms my heart.

Here's to another year of modding 7 Days to Die!

1.2(a+b) LOOT HOTFIX NOW LIVE!

Hey, guess who once again forgot to double check that loot.xml featured the proper items? It was me. I did.

loot.xml should now feature Herbal Tonic, Potato Granules, Butter, Mashed Potatoes, and the Tool Bundle in proper lootgroups. Orange Juice was not added, and that is intentional! If you feel like you want to find it in loot too, it's as simple as adding it to the proper lootgroups yourself; however it is my decision to leave it out. I recommend adding it with medLow or med probability in the groupDrinksUncommon or Rare lootgroups, since finding the concentrate is about the same probability!

Again I am so, so sorry. It's always something, lol. This is what I get for posting while super hyped that I finished the modlet. I'd say it won't happen again, but...

You should be able to re-download the files from the main forum post and the changes should be there. I've only modified the loot.xml, so if you'd rather just have that, you can find it by clicking here!

Hi Vergilsparda

Thanks for sharing the mod, it helps me a lot.
Checking the mod, I found that the honey tea recipe (the one that is unlocked by schematic) needs to be added in recipes.xml to its recipe the tags="perkMasterChef,learnable" to show how it is unlocked.
Regards

• 5 months later...

Just a small update, In-Universe Junk is getting a huge update once I finish making sure all of the new items have been added to the game, including being re-named to something new. This version will have one small update and then will no longer be updated once the new topic has been made and the Alpha 21 version released.

I apologize if that upsets anyone, but unfortunately I have no intentions of going back to Alpha 20 after the release of Alpha 21. Support for the Alpha 20 version will also cease once the Alpha 21 version is released. And, probably more upsetting—again, I apologize—is that there will be no alternative version of the Alpha 21 version of this mod. It will be recipe replacer only, but if you do not enjoy that, you should be able to simply delete a few lines from the recipes.xml yourself and keep the original recipes.

As for the Alpha 21 update it will be coming out—and take this with a slight grain of salt because I am quite busy right now—within the next month, perhaps even sooner depending on how long it takes me to re-do some items and fix others and add and/or remove some things that just don't belong. That, and making new logos and stuff takes a ton of time when you're autistic and a perfectionist. But if you enjoyed this mod in Alpha 20 I promise the Alpha 21 version feels exactly the same, just better!

Some new things that I learned while making this new version (with the absolutely amazing help of Guppycur's modding server once again) is that I figured out how to add things to vending machines and I learned how to add resources to actual blocks, so things like pallets of Flour will now give flour and vending machines will now have the items on their models actually in-game! I will be adding this small update to the Alpha 20 version to finish the mod off, and then move on from it, so you too will have the option of actually buying my items from vending machines alongside vanilla food and drink.

So I apologize for ghosting this topic for so long but I promise things are coming and they will come soon!!

Edited by vergilsparda
forgot to add the bit about the name change WHOOPS! (see edit history)

1.2.1(a+b) RECIPE TAG HOTFIX NOW LIVE!

Thanks to @Gouki for pointing out that the drinkSleepyHoneyTea recipe needed to have the proper tags added, and I apologize that I waited so long to actually fix it, but it has been fixed!

Apart from that, I think everything about 1.2 is now complete for Alpha 20. If there happens to be an error in the actual mod I may put them all in a 1.2.2.a+b version, but for now, 1.2.1 will be the last version for Alpha 20. There will be no more support for this version going forward (again, unless it is something wrong with the actual modlet and not your personal game), as I will be updating and hot-fixing version 1.3 from here on. I just hope no one is disappointed with the decision to end support of this mod, that is something that always worries me.

Note that the mod itself did change names to go with the new 1.3 version (Various Victuals), so you will have to delete and recopy the new mod over, however it should be the completed version and shouldn't mess with anything. If it does, let me know.!

Anyway, let me redirect you to the new page for Alpha 21's version, VergilSparda's Various Victuals. Hopefully everyone who enjoyed Alpha 20's version will enjoy this new one, I worked very hard on it to get everything in and to add some functionality that was missing from its previous versions!