"Server closed the connection" constant disconnects

Glassnops

Summary: Getting "server closed the connection" within a minute or two in ANY game. Have verified, uninstalled and reinstalled, and deleted all files associated with 7days. Was able to play with no issues exactly 1 week ago.

Game Version: Latest Stable Build (Alpha 20.1)

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GeForce RTX 2080

Screen Resolution:  1920 x 1080

Video Settings:

Game mode: MP Client

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off?

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Join any multiplayer game

2)

3)

Actual result: Disconnected with the message that the Server closed the connection.

Expected result: Playing the game

https://pastebin.com/iDXqD9iD

How many different servers did you try? Was any of them for the first time?

There is nothing exceptional in your client log that I can see. Why the server closed the connection might be written into the servers log. Often it is a corrupted player file, but that can't be it if it happens even on servers that you visit for the first time.

You could contact one of the server admins and ask him to check his logfile for relevant messages when you tried to connect.

---------------

PS: You give 20.1 for your build, but it actually is 20.5(b2). I assume this is just a typing mistake. You didn't try to connect to servers with version 20.1, right?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

There is one warning in your log that I don’t normally see in game logs:

WRN NET: Requesting rules from TCP (45.35.98.96:26930) timed out

I don’t know if this is a warning that you can ignore or a hint to your problem. That ip address is your ip address as the game sets up for single/multiplayer host game. However the log does say that the server you joined initiated the disconnect rather than something in your set up causing the disconnect. A server log should provide you with more clues as Meganoth suggested.

• 9 months later...

Getting disconnected from a server has not been a big issue for people. Best thing to do is posting a copy of your client log file and, if possible, the server log file. Instructions how where to find the logs and how to use pastebin to post the log are in the pinned topic: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3956-how-to-report-an-issue-please-read-before-creating-new-threads/. Without seeing your log, my only suggestion is making sure that you have created exclusions for the game & saves folders in your antivirus software. Also, if you are running any network optimizing software, disable it and try playing. Thirdly, be sure you aren’t trying to play using wifi. However, it’s best if you post a log.