(A20) Oakraven Forest Modpack

arramus

A small update for the new Daggers. They have been given intermediary attack/recipe values so they are 'better' than knives but not quite at the same level of a machete, although their power attack and divine mod are something to behold.

The Hermit Helper recipe has also dropped from 5 Lion Mushrooms to 4, to help servers that change the spawn settings to increase other spawns at the detriment of some of the hydroponic plant collection (wild plants and mushrooms).

An important update for players who feel that the custom NPC POIs are a little overwhelming since NPCs can be ultra sensitive to the player's presence and attack in bulk numbers from the outset.

This update incorporates @khzmusik's 2-khzmusik_variable_NPC_sleepers. It turns 'off' how quickly the NPC becomes aware of the player and in practice brings back a sense of the stealth potential even though that is not specifically targetted. This has been tested on A20.6. and noticeably calms down NPC awareness.

This images shows how close I can get to the spiders in their nest in a darkened area before they began to attack. By now I would have been flooded by spiders on the outside of the nest and it resulted in a patchy game play experience.

20220812123518_1.thumb.jpg.e10512f5f23610e75ee5e94cf2c35c50.jpg

This was also tested in the day light at the Snow Orc compound and game play felt more balanced and in context with proximity and player movements.

For players who already have the latest build and prefer not to download again from Github, it requires 2 small updates.

For blocks.xml in the 1-OakModpackCore in the same area at the top which toggles on/off other Score tweaks such as the Advanced Locks and Health Bar.

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedNPCFeatures']/property[@name='AttackVolumeInstantAwake']/@value">true</set>

And for the entityclasses.xml of the same folder. There is also a specific NPCMod tweaks area at the top. A20.6 experimental also sees a few odd moments for the NPCMod where behaviour is a little different to the current stable build and we're monitoring that. Feedback will be appreciated.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name='SleeperInstantAwake']/@value">false</set>

On 8/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, arramus said:

The Modpack received an update for the new Traps.

Two additional Barbed Wire Traps for 2 blocks wide and 3 blocks wide. They are connected directly to the regular Barbed Wire Trap and will allow repairs.

However, the recipe is proportional to size. 1 block requires 8 scrap iron, 2 needs 16, and 3 needs 18.

20220811004313_1.thumb.jpg.52078aff2c6d67c56ee1d981320ab812.jpg

20220811012337_1.thumb.jpg.c218195e186e5b2c851868d55a4b77cd.jpg

20220811012353_1.thumb.jpg.6d50780a9d51f83b971d61110ddc3280.jpg

20220811010458_1.thumb.jpg.d13080f8be293ac8f4113dbfcea2261e.jpg

20220811010501_1.thumb.jpg.d9fd706d1cf61caa3876e46b42c6476d.jpg

Is there a separate download somewhere I can get those barb wire and spike traps at ?

33 minutes ago, swmeek said:

Is there a separate download somewhere I can get those barb wire and spike traps at ?

With the initial release of Collection mods, it was easy to post them in the Collection thread and work through updates with them that way.

With the Modpack being released it is not as practical to have the Modlet version and Modpack at the same time to. This avoids any conflicts or mismatches being introduced.

The traps have been well tested and one of the barbed types requires a little more care with collision to allow it to be repaired. One Cactus type will also need a new buff eventually as it hurts entities but not fully hurts the player in the way it should. There is a separate modlet with nails instead of teeth and more glue instead of spider sac as the primary version and this will be released as a separate download soon enough once these are ironed out. The Modpack also helps to see how the modlets are running in combination with other mods at the same time as well; just to ensure they can fit in.

A small update for the Horde Night spawns. The mutated zombie will make a show to give some additional mid-close range projectile attacks as an intermediary for the long range police officer.

It's getting a little toasty on the way up with one of the traps, but does its job well enough. It will spawn at the same rate as default zombies and appear at the same Game Stage for grunt, feral, and radiated. There is also a Radiated version of Wight which emits a damaging radiation cloud when close to players, as well as a stronger Radiated Demolisher to add to the custom Horde Night skeletons.

20220814023252_1.thumb.jpg.26b1436428024d0b46d99afc8d4ec7ad.jpg

These characters have been added to both the Snufkin Custom Zombies and Oakraven Modpack.
They use different names and there will be no conflict if both mods are running at the same time.

Crispy will attempt to burn the player.

20220814223533_1.thumb.jpg.ce5fac488066da42066a351052d978ed.jpg

Bogeyman will throw radiated goblets, up from 5 to 7 based on the default version. They are both faster, have higher HP, and stronger. They will drop boss loot and better XP as the trade off.

20220814223538_1.thumb.jpg.38e9862e382c75e4a616365e4f10d6d9.jpg

As with the other 'boss' type entities of this nature, they will only appear during a Blood Moon event at a regulated spawn rate.

Added a new forge that was also updated in the Forest Collection.

Oakraven Copper Forge.

It matches the Tatarin Forge on the right in most respects beyond the Steam Punk type copper fittings in the top section.

20220816102643_1.thumb.jpg.f0320d4628bd8600d9a6529a5feeeefd.jpg

A small update to Localisation for the Oakraven Forge and Oakraven Chemistry Stations adds (3 wide) and (2 wide) after their names to let players know exactly the dimensions for spacing purposes.

The 0-Score Mod and the 0-XNPCCore Mod which power the NPC Mod for the NPC entities have both been updated.

The 0-XNPCCore has been updated to A20.6 Stable and this means we no longer need the patch. It shall be removed from Moddb and the first post.

Hello, I have a problem, after the last update I played for a couple of hours, then I quit the game, now I can't log in to the game, an error in one of the files, if you delete the file, a new one will be created and the problem will disappear, but my house will disappear! Of the mods, there were storage boxes, a workbench with mod weapons and a forge. Is there any way to fix this?

5 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Hello, I have a problem, after the last update I played for a couple of hours, then I quit the game, now I can't log in to the game, an error in one of the files, if you delete the file, a new one will be created and the problem will disappear, but my house will disappear! Of the mods, there were storage boxes, a workbench with mod weapons and a forge. Is there any way to fix this?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Maxim said:

There are a few posts about this in this forum. The above may be closest to your issue since it is possibly mod related.

Did you remove any mods before trying to start the game again? The mod assets may still be hooked up in that region and causing the region to corrupt. Add the mods back into the game.

However, if you did not remove any mods, then that region may have just corrupted. I have seen no tools to repair corrupted world regions.

The Oakraven Modpack was updated, and using the new build will require a whole new World.

This is because Fabbersville has been removed by default since it restricts players/communities from adding other CP 48 packs since Fabbersville hogs the World. ^^

The first post outlines the current build status. There is a new 6K custom World which brings in default commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. The downtown city area remains as it was, not included. This is because the render hit when bringing NPCs can be overly disruptive.

CP 48 is still very compatible for the Oakraven Forest Modpack and encouraged.

A few additional updates include:

- Disc ammo damage is reduced. It is still does +10% damage of Steel Bolts along with its buffs.

- Quad Shot damage is reduced. It still does +20% damage of Shotgun AP Shells and is still a beast. The trade off hasn't changed and still requires extra resources compared to regular shells.

- Horde Night brings in all mythical beasts, at regulated levels linked to Game Stage. Early Horde Nights will be calm but as level increase or party Game Stage goes over the threshold, the beasts will visit.

A gentle beast that is more of a harrassment than any real danger.

20220821205452_1.thumb.jpg.1dfe93492fdf6fb1eb37d475554d46dc.jpg

A bit stingy.

20220821205511_1.thumb.jpg.70bd256bf1c611a98865e01dc6c73b5e.jpg

Ah the Radiated Demolition dude.

20220821205732_1.thumb.jpg.dffb280a54ff0e04fb220c932df14f66.jpg

Acid/Fire Breathers

20220821210007_1.thumb.jpg.1f6ae0e74e2d590b02d57f7753deefd6.jpg

Tallon ticklers.

20220821210325_1.thumb.jpg.ffc751471119cf7fcd1c4beaf47d7202.jpg

The Oakraven Collection updated the Work Stations with an Oakraven Ammo Bench. It has been added to the Modpack.

It can be crafted from Advanced Engineering Skill 1 and offers a stand alone ammo crafting tool that will be compact and free up the Workbench.

20220821180040_1.thumb.jpg.256a5ce5c5047c09f1274d4b113aa440.jpg

It has no power requirements beyond a battery in its crafting recipe.

20220821225805_1.thumb.jpg.42b22b26cca8096d18ab9e7615f08cb3.jpg

The range of Oakraven Work Stations covers an abundance of resource management features.

20220821230304_1.thumb.jpg.13ff2318c9ce978bfcb0dc9806ba28bd.jpg

Added an update to the Modpack based on request.

1. Wandering Hordes

The Undead Skeleton type zombies have been added to Wandering Hordes for their grunt, feral, and radiated type.

In addition JaxTeller718's Bigger Wandering Hordes Mod has been added to the Modpack.

It has been customised a little as follows:

- All Game Stages where zombie entities spawn sees +10 added to the total amount.

- All Games Stages where animals spawn sees +1 added to the total amount.

This increase will give your Fish Stick a good work out.

2. Quests

After much play testing, the amount of entities to complete regular elimination quests has been changed from:

10 > 25 > 50 > 100 > 250 to 10 > 20 > 30 > 50 > 100.

Due to the large variety of entities, it was hard to reach the total of 435. This now decreases to a total of 210 which is similar to the 222 total for Undead entities during a Blood Moon (and some from Wandering Hordes) which while infrequent are abundant when you see them.

Hy I get a yellow message, when I wandering through the wildernis: WRN and than something wit 1 missing or so. I uses the chicken and bees and have some Mods like NPC Mod and wasteland. Is this a problem? Can I change something?

Best regards

1 hour ago, Kalnazzar said:

Got a question I love this MOD is there a way to get the crafting stations to work with SMX? I use this MOD for my UI. But none of your crafting stations work with it. Also the copper oven I think is what it's called has no picture. 

Maybe best to download the most recent version of this Modpack as the most recent version had some icons renamed to match the type of alphabet used by TFP. It seems some PCs could accept non regular text but some cannot. Renaming to the default alphabet should solve any icon issues.

Naturally, this is best done on a new World though as there is always risk when a mod changes something on an existing World.

It is possible the crafting stations are not working because SMX is loading after the Modpack and the game is using the SMX crafting code.

The Modpack crafting tables are added to 1-OakModpack. Try renaming SMX to 0-SMX. This will allow SMX to load up first followed by 1-OakModpack. This may allow the Modpack crafting stations to become functional again.

A small update to the Modpack.

Clear Bulletproof Glass. This addition allows players to craft clear bulletproof glass in the forge just as we can with regular bulletproof glass.

It provides a better view of the garden area to make sure we can keep an eye on the expanded Wandering Hordes.

20220831215344_1.thumb.jpg.c87b2c79f48d493ff283e45b810e2853.jpg

As with all types of glass, if you want a smooth join, they must all be placed when you are facing the same direction and with no block rotation.

Otherwise, it will show the joins.

20220831215220_1.thumb.jpg.c6618cd865149210ee40eb592ef2ef52.jpg

Pushed a small update for the Modpack.

- A new 6K sample World was bundled into the Modpack. It has received some custom Biome edits so all Old West is in the desert and Snow Orc POIs are in the snow.

Since the algorithm changes for A20.6 Stable it has a different layout. A layout has been added to the first post as a 'spoiler'. It only has 1 starting spawn point which is pretty much dead central in the World.

- Some new custom Old West POIs have been added to give additional Old West variety.

@Guppycur kindly shared a new entity with the community. It is a roasted vulture which has bi-pedal gait and will chase you on foot.

TBoVRYv.jpg

And a sample of the custom POIs you can expect in the Old West.

This is a strip type where all 3 buildings are linked into 1 POI quest.

7LSJErg.jpg

Pushed a small update to support the Old West street.

- Bony Xpress. This is a T3 POI which supports all Quest types. It is a 50 x 25 size. There were periodic gaps along some sides of the streets for 50 x 25 and this additional POI helps to address that and give a more populated POI feel.

- A new OAK6K01 sample World has also been upload that contains this new POI.

LA2RoTB.jpg