Deleted Save File after Game Crash

JHuntVols

Hi. I was playing a save that was on Day 24, but my PC shut off after experiencing a power outage due to storms. I restarted the game only to find that save had seemingly been deleted as it wasn't in the continue game menu. Weirdly, I can't reuse the old save file name on the same map, which is something that happens obviously when a file with said name already exists. I did find the save folder for that specific game in my Saves folder. Below is the screenshot of what is there. I realize it says load failed... is there a way to get my old save back by doing anything in this folder? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

spacer.png

I tried renaming all the BAK files to the other extensions in similar fashion to what is stated in the FAQ. I also followed the FAQ on renaming the player profiles backup to the original TTP file. None of this worked, so I went ahead and just deleted the save folder. Oh well, I guess I just have to play more now. 😀

It’s very common to get a corrupted save due to a power outage. There is so much data being saved all the time to to the game being voxel-based that any interruption will mess up your save. If you want to avoid this and have a little money, buy a battery backup. I prefer APC, but there are other companies. I have not had good luck with Cyberpower.