Reducing lootstage/gamestage item requirement?

Hero

Hi,

I am trying to make it so me and my group have a very small chance of finding an auger on day 1. I looked through the loot.xml and couldn't find where I could make this change. I would appreciate some assistance from the community on this one.

Thanks!

After some more searching I noticed this

<lootprobtemplate name="ProbT2">
		<loot level="0,101" prob="0"/>

Would changing prob="0" to .02 do the trick?

Edited by Hero (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

That will help you find steel tools earlier but not augers.  Augers are under the ProbT3 probability template.  Do the same thing for ProbT3 and you will have a slight chance of finding anything using the ProbT3.

Thanks for the reply. Since we play co-op, peer to peer, would everyone in my group need to make this change to their loot.XML file?

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Just the server file would need to be changed

We don't use a dedicated server we just join each others game off steam. Does hosting this way create a server file or would we need an actual dedicated server for this to work? 

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

We don't use a dedicated server we just join each others game off steam. Does hosting this way create a server file or would we need an actual dedicated server for this to work? 

In this case, whoever is hosting the game would be the server / client.  Everyone else that is joining in on that game would be just a client.  For example, if you are hosting the game, then your xml files will be the ones that will be used for the gaming session.  Your friends xml files won't apply.

If you are constantly changing who is hosting the game, then everyone should update their files so that the change is applied no matter who is hosting.

Best thing to do is to create a modlet and have a command something like this:

<set xpath="/lootcontainers/lootprobtemplates/lootprobtemplate[@name='ProbT3']/loot[contains(@level,'191')]/@prob">0.02</set> 

That should change the first loot chance in the ProbT3 table

30 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

In this case, whoever is hosting the game would be the server / client.  Everyone else that is joining in on that game would be just a client.  For example, if you are hosting the game, then your xml files will be the ones that will be used for the gaming session.  Your friends xml files won't apply.

If you are constantly changing who is hosting the game, then everyone should update their files so that the change is applied no matter who is hosting.

Best thing to do is to create a modlet and have a command something like this:

<set xpath="/lootcontainers/lootprobtemplates/lootprobtemplate[@name='ProbT3']/loot[contains(@level,'191')]/@prob">0.02</set> 

That should change the first loot chance in the ProbT3 table

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help.