Please someone reduce the amount of ram for a server please.

deathincarnate

I can only get 16 players on my server and it should be forty. i checked with game server kings when i had server there by looking it up in their console. i am not being mean but if you think you can make them use one gig per player then. i don't know what to say. please 

• 2 weeks later...

That is old world conditions we have been past the 8 player barrier for a long time and definitely not a problem since RWG maps, 8 players is way back when the game visually still looked like it was in an LSD paradox which is back at the start of the game. 

Edited by neb6
formating (see edit history)

10 hours ago, neb6 said:

That is old world conditions we have been past the 8 player barrier for a long time and definitely not a problem since RWG maps, 8 players is way back when the game visually still looked like it was in an LSD paradox which is back at the start of the game. 

What you can set the game to and what is officially supported are two different things. Officially supported has been and still is 8

9 hours ago, Update for console said:

We need an up date for ps4 cos I can’t afford a pc just to play a more updated version of the game, in my opinion I say console players should be able to experience the latest updates and features aswell as all other platforms 

They will. TFP made a deal with a publisher who has experience with console to port the PC game again. But that will take time. The company who did the old console version is defunct, gone, bankrupt.

Not trying to start an argument but personally from my own experience i feel that is an old throwback that has been losing ground for a long time if 8 truly was a significant barrier then we would not be playing 30 slot or even 50 slot servers without issues. What i mean is that there is many servers out there that run perfectly fine with 30 or more concurrent players irrelevant of what the supported max is. 

realistically I would say pre hub city is the last time this held any relevance and towards the end of hornets around a15 def 16 was when the 8 player soft limit srtarted losing its reality.

Unless they actually come out an update the stance on this then yeah 8 is the max supported/recomended and the game is still early access so i think it is more of an over/undersight at this point than a hard requirement. Truly though if it was that significant then they would make it so that we are only allowed to have 8 players capped with the ability to have no more than that.   

I use to play on a server that would average 50 players at any time and was perfectly fine it had good hardware though and have played several in the past that average 30 or more that also have no issues running those sorts of numbers.

I have hosted this game numerous times so i know how taxing it can be but if you have proper hardware then its not an issue.

19 minutes ago, neb6 said:

Not trying to start an argument but personally from my own experience i feel that is an old throwback that has been losing ground for a long time if 8 truly was a significant barrier then we would not be playing 30 slot or even 50 slot servers without issues. What i mean is that there is many servers out there that run perfectly fine with 30 or more concurrent players irrelevant of what the supported max is. 

realistically I would say pre hub city is the last time this held any relevance and towards the end of hornets around a15 def 16 was when the 8 player soft limit srtarted losing its reality.

Unless they actually come out an update the stance on this then yeah 8 is the max supported/recomended and the game is still early access so i think it is more of an over/undersight at this point than a hard requirement. Truly though if it was that significant then they would make it so that we are only allowed to have 8 players capped with the ability to have no more than that.   

I use to play on a server that would average 50 players at any time and was perfectly fine it had good hardware though and have played several in the past that average 30 or more that also have no issues running those sorts of numbers.

I have hosted this game numerous times so i know how taxing it can be but if you have proper hardware then its not an issue.

If it's working for you and your peeps, what would TFP coming out saying they support more players do? All that would cause is people with the lesser systems and no knowledge of the inner workings of the game to complain that they are getting bad fps and such when they are trying to run 50 people on 8 gigs of ram. Those people would put all the blame on TFP and clog support channels even more.

Also, a majority of players wouldn't even see the benefits of more focus going into this as they play solo / coop with a handful of friends. Seems like a lot of manpower to put into something that won't pay off, imo. But, this is coming from someone that has never set foot in a 50+ server. Max I've done is 10, and even then the server was never full. I just don't see the point of them claiming to support more people if a) it wont matter much and b) the people who are already doing more players will continue to do that...? Just my two cents on it.

No point trying to incite an argument thanks. That is the divide those who know how to host a game and those who don't any game is going to have the same sort of conundrum.

Which is those who complain about performance because they don't actually know anything and expect miracles on their perfectly fine X because it does Y and has no problems doing Y vs those who can run well past the intended threshold because they actually know what they are doing and what they can expect at any given time from the hardware that they actually obtain.

Imo if you don't have at least upwards of 64gb minimum but more like 128GB redundant then you cannot even really complain about stuff not working as intended if you are trying to push 50 ppl on a 7dtd server with 8GB of ram then that is your problem not everyone else's.

Bottom line was that the game runs fine post 30 players if the server admin actually know whats happening

10 hours ago, neb6 said:

No point trying to incite an argument thanks. That is the divide those who know how to host a game and those who don't any game is going to have the same sort of conundrum.

Which is those who complain about performance because they don't actually know anything and expect miracles on their perfectly fine X because it does Y and has no problems doing Y vs those who can run well past the intended threshold because they actually know what they are doing and what they can expect at any given time from the hardware that they actually obtain.

Imo if you don't have at least upwards of 64gb minimum but more like 128GB redundant then you cannot even really complain about stuff not working as intended if you are trying to push 50 ppl on a 7dtd server with 8GB of ram then that is your problem not everyone else's.

Bottom line was that the game runs fine post 30 players if the server admin actually know whats happening

Just because someone quotes you and goes against your post doesn't mean there's a fight. I'm pointing out things that I can guarantee will happen if TFP come out saying they support higher numbers. You said it yourself that the game will work just fine IF the admin knows whats happening. A large large majority do not. And that's the problem. Just look at how many users complain about fps, etc and when they post their specs they barely meet minimum requirements. The point you made of 'if you don't have atleast...' amount of ram you can't complain, well... That already happens.

Stop trying to argue the point the point here is that 8 players is set for liability/headroom reasons for the exact reasons you are describing. But at the same time that does not mean you get to come in here and try to override someone who simply stated that 8 players is not really relevant anymore nor is it relevant to those who have adequate hardware or even redundant amounts of headroom.

I also don't really appreciate you regurgitating stuff i said and trying to twist it back on me thanks that is what people do when they are trying to argue with someone.
End of the argument because we are not going to go around in circles thanks. TLDR: 8 players is not relevant now Edited by neb6 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, neb6 said:

Stop trying to argue the point the point here is that 8 players is set for liability/headroom reasons for the exact reasons you are describing. But at the same time that does not mean you get to come in here and try to override someone who simply stated that 8 players is not really relevant anymore nor is it relevant to those who have adequate hardware or even redundant amounts of headroom.

I also don't really appreciate you regurgitating stuff i said and trying to twist it back on me thanks that is what people do when they are trying to argue with someone.
End of the argument because we are not going to go around in circles thanks. TLDR: 8 players is not relevant now

I simply said my two cents on the matter (which is called discussing the topic). But I agree, great place to end the convo. Thank you for your time.