Faster building - Multiple blocks at once

TorQueMoD

Obviously I know there's the option to fill a selection area with blocks, so I'm not talking about that. What I'm requesting is a prefab if you will. A bunch of blocks that are actually something like 10 x 10 x 1 so we can build walls and the like faster. or even better, a way to specify how high and long we want a single block to be. So if you want to build a column that's 1 block width and length, you could somehow tell it to be 20 blocks tall and with one click, your column is there. Or you can tell a wall to be 20 tall and 100 long. With the current build system of having to place each block one by one, 7 has the most tedius build system of any survival game. Which is a shame since 7 is overall my favorite survival game. 

Edited by TorQueMoD (see edit history)

Good idea for a building game, but that's only part of it. Imagine on horde night, or if you get caught off guard by a screamer. Building a 20x20 wall with just the click of a button... Not good for the overall scope of the game. If you are just playing it as a building game, there's world editor that gives you access to the stuff you mentioned, in your world directly. But for the survival mode, this could be abused quite easily to negate most of the challenge.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:41 AM, Telric said:

Good idea for a building game, but that's only part of it. Imagine on horde night, or if you get caught off guard by a screamer. Building a 20x20 wall with just the click of a button... Not good for the overall scope of the game. If you are just playing it as a building game, there's world editor that gives you access to the stuff you mentioned, in your world directly. But for the survival mode, this could be abused quite easily to negate most of the challenge.

Depends how you do it.

What I find the worst is when you know what you want to build, but have to keep going through the different shapes, rotating things.

What if you could put down a ghost blueprint for this, then fill in each block with a hammer the way you upgrade blocks, with the actual material blocks from your inventory (Cobblestone Block say).

I get the time requirement for placing the blocks, it's the time lost changing shape and rotating that I think we could do without.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:25 AM, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

Depends how you do it.

What I find the worst is when you know what you want to build, but have to keep going through the different shapes, rotating things.

What if you could put down a ghost blueprint for this, then fill in each block with a hammer the way you upgrade blocks, with the actual material blocks from your inventory (Cobblestone Block say).

I get the time requirement for placing the blocks, it's the time lost changing shape and rotating that I think we could do without.

I watch streams of this game from time to time and I see most players struggle (and complain) about this very thing. While not a perfect fix, the way I try to alleviate it is by having several different stacks of blocks either in my backpack or toolbelt, each one set to a different shape I know I'll be using often. Then, instead of changing a single stack multiple times, I just equip whatever stack is set to the shape I want. You still have to occasionally fix the rotation, but it still save loads of time.

Ultimately I wish there was a way to pin shapes to the radial menu so you could keep it all in one stack, but changing shapes would at least be a little faster than fumbling through a giant shape menu.