technical question about colours.

Matt115

My question is connected with dye. Well now it change "colour" of entire model right? but there is technical possibility to add " more colour" dye without bigger problems? Well typical military camo would be problem ( in cod bo 1... diffrent camo mean another gun with diffrent camo so in theory for you this is this same weapon but for game it's 40 diffrent guns) but what about hm... "zebra" - just white and black straps on bike ?

I think it depends on the object you're dying. As far as I can tell, vehicle models are set up so that a very specific part of the model (the body) changes color, but wheels, for example, are not affected by the dye. However, this is not true of most (if not all) of the weapon/tool and clothing models. The dye is applied to the entire model. Which is a shame. I'd love it if they gave those models the same treatment as the vehicles.

In terms of having multiple dyes on a single object, it would only be possible of the devs altered the models so that certain dye slots affected specific parts of the model. It would be a lot of work to implement and I don't see them doing that any time soon. I wouldn't call it impossible, though.

1 hour ago, Syphon583 said:

I think it depends on the object you're dying. As far as I can tell, vehicle models are set up so that a very specific part of the model (the body) changes color, but wheels, for example, are not affected by the dye. However, this is not true of most (if not all) of the weapon/tool and clothing models. The dye is applied to the entire model. Which is a shame. I'd love it if they gave those models the same treatment as the vehicles.

In terms of having multiple dyes on a single object, it would only be possible of the devs altered the models so that certain dye slots affected specific parts of the model. It would be a lot of work to implement and I don't see them doing that any time soon. I wouldn't call it impossible, though.

Well - we have  now only "1 colour" dye so i'm thinking if "2 colour and more" dye would be problematic