Static weapons (manual fire only, non-electric)

ToddVee

Hi, I think it could be quite fun to have static weapons in this game. early game static crossbow, that is a crossbow on some sort of tripod... [B][Ballista][/B] static slingshot, using small stones or, for more damage, stones. Both possible. [B][Slingshot][/B] mid game improved versions of above mentioned. Ballista with 3 shots before you have to reload and slingshot using 3 stones at once simple cannon, since we can craft TNT, it is not too far fetched to craft something that uses "tnt-fuel" to make an iron ball fly into a zombie' s head. end game movable(?) slingshot mg nest, with assault rifle I hope you guys have other ideas. Add them!

I think the ideas need to be tweeked, but I like the idea. I would like the pro's of using a sit down static crossbow would be increased zoom, thus make it so you need glass to make it or a scope. Perhaps add a bit more damage since it will be a larger one. I do not like your mid and end game devices though.

When i think about the fact that we can craft some SMG/Sniper Rifle and Sandbags, the Idea of the MG nest isn't that far away. I don't know if they planned some Rifles in the Future, but im sure of it. We have TnT, SMGs, Sniper and a Rocket Launcher ^^. Every " Turret " has to be manual Fired, so they are not OP like other Games where the Turrets get some Radarscan and fire at will. But i definately liek the Ballista Idea. Hunting a pig with some REAL weapons xD

Considering that zombies kinda have radar like senses, I think it stands to reason that we'd get radar guided turrets as well xD Just kidding~ But having a mounted gun emplacement would definitely be interesting. We can build mini-MG nests at strategic points or even on top of walls and then man them to begin our defence once we hear a horde coming. They would need to work in how we are gonna craft ammo for it as well since mounted MG turrets burn through ammo pretty fast so rather than craft individual bullets, we'd have to craft like entire ammo boxes maybe?

A "Zombapult" would not be possible, but it were a hell of a fun xD. I don't want to think in such big Spaces, how do you wana built a f..king siege weapon in your garden? xD. But a nice Little/Medium sized balista as i mentioned would surely be possible. Ive searched a bit, but havent found any post for Autogun turrets or something like this.

A static Ballista would would be awesome! Its main benefit wouldn't really be accuracy, but a much larger, more damaging projectile that penetrates very well. Think a nicely sized log with a sharp tip. If you are attacked by a horde, you can take several zombies out with a single shot! It also wouldn't need any feathers or stones, which are sometimes the bottleneck for hand crossbow ammo. Just a massive device that launches sharpened logs. Love the idea!

Wow. All i'm imagining right now after that ballista part, is age of empires like weapons: ballista, catapault, trebuchet, battering ram, old gunpowder cannon. And I don't even know if that's a bad thing. Could be a hilarious addition to a fort.

Archived