It would be awesome if there were craftable poison arrows!

Nunhappy

So I recently killed a snake and it made me think... that would be sweet if you could harvest venom from snakes to make poison arrows that do damage over time. I couldn't find anyone else suggesting this on the forum so I thought I'd post. I hope it isn't alot to ask to add something like this as I have absolutely no idea how development works for this game nor the staffing numbers involved. 

Thanks again The Fun Pimps for making a wonderful game!

9 minutes ago, outhous said:

Would poison effect Zombies anyway? Could be used against Bandits though, ...when they finally show their ugly little faces. 😜

I think poison affecting zombies makes about just as much sense as bleeding zombies. For supposedly decaying bodies that by the looks of them, are always bleeding anyway, having a bleeding affect that gradually hurts them doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. That being said, I love the bleeding effect and regularly play with bladed weapons. Poison arrows that have a similar effect seems like a cool idea, especially when it comes to bandits!

To the OP, doing something like that should be fairly easy enough, since again, we already have that mechanic in the form of bleeding. However, I doubt TFP will take the time to add something like that. Might have a better chance of someone modding it in.

Poison is just another damage over time like bleeding damage and fire damage. I don't know what you do to make it look better than bleeding and fire. And damage over time is never fast enough when you're trapped in a room full of zombies

Maybe not as another DoT, but perhaps as a paralyzing agent? On an arrow for a 20 sec belly-crawl mode, or as a gas grenade for a 5 sec aoe ragdoll, or another hefty slowing effect. Or just a blinding effect, they can't sense you to attack you.

2 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

I think poison affecting zombies makes about just as much sense as bleeding zombies. For supposedly decaying bodies that by the looks of them, are always bleeding anyway, having a bleeding affect that gradually hurts them doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. That being said, I love the bleeding effect and regularly play with bladed weapons. Poison arrows that have a similar effect seems like a cool idea, especially when it comes to bandits!

Omg don't go there!!! I once tried to have a rational exhange with other people here regarding the same thing and I was given a lot of @%$# for simply implying that zombies are dead and that their circulatory system doesn't work, that they don't need their muscles and organs to be supplied with oxygen. Therefore, they can't die of bleeding. But according to some folks, zombies can be anything, "it's just a game". So yeah, we're not really fighting the undead here, don't bother.

I wouldn't mind poison arrows or some other kind of DoT effect against the living though.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

8 hours ago, theFlu said:

Maybe not as another DoT, but perhaps as a paralyzing agent? On an arrow for a 20 sec belly-crawl mode, or as a gas grenade for a 5 sec aoe ragdoll, or another hefty slowing effect. Or just a blinding effect, they can't sense you to attack you.

That would be very useful to have a paralyzing agent. Make it expensive so you never have very much of it. And then you would have some zombies that would resist it perhaps.

16 hours ago, warmer said:

I like the idea for use against bears and things of the living variety. Poison or bleeding damage makes no sense against undead, but living creature and humans in MP sure.

They are not bleeding, I am just relieving them of that special liquid that animates them  😉

Don't take away my DOT effect with knives  :classic_sad: