Some QoL ideas

Khyron

1) A 'repair equipped item' hotkey. In the heat of combat if a gun breaks it'd be great if I didn't have to open the menu and navigate through it to repair. Likewise if I'm doing intense digging/mining/logging it'd just be nice to hit one key to resume. It's not a huge deal but little stuff like this can really improve the game's flow.

2) Automatically group up similar items that have been dropped. When I am butchering a corpse but I don't have enough room for all the bones in my inventory, it'd be rather nice to see a single lootable bag of 20 bones instead of 20 individual bags of bones scattered all around the place. I imagine it'd probably be less resources too, both in rendering and keeping track of 1 loose item rather than 20 loose items.

3) Lawn blocks. Purely for aesthetic, it'd be nice to be able to place down grass blocks that don't grow weeds for my lawn. Is it silly of me to care about that during a zombie apocalypse? Absolutely. But with all the other amazing blocks and tiles available to us, I still find myself wishing for it so I can build my dream-home with a fenced-in yard and no weeds growing everywhere that I have to mow with my fists.

4) 'Special Order' from traders. Give them a request they'll fulfill at their next restock, but bump up the price accordingly. Would be suuuuuper helpful when you're looking for a book or two to complete a series, or if there's a specific armor piece or mod you just can't find. Maybe even limit it to perk books/weapons/mods instead of recipes as well, for balance? I dunno, just tossing that out there as an idea.

Another suggestion : If possible, before you have Daring Adventurer 4, please have a code check to see if the rewards from a quest are duplicates and if so reroll one of them. I completed 3 quests in a row last night with duplicate rewards (Shotgun shells, 7.62mm ammo, and two wrenches 1 quality level different from one another). At level 4 when you can pick 2 rewards the duplicate choices aren't a bad idea, but before then it's just a waste since you can't pick 2.

On 6/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, Khyron said:

1) A 'repair equipped item' hotkey. In the heat of combat if a gun breaks it'd be great if I didn't have to open the menu and navigate through it to repair. Likewise if I'm doing intense digging/mining/logging it'd just be nice to hit one key to resume. It's not a huge deal but little stuff like this can really improve the game's flow.

I like this idea.

Maybe the reload key could be turned into an intelligent shortcut:

if durability = 0 then repair item instead of reload/refuel

11 hours ago, Khyron said:

Another suggestion : If possible, before you have Daring Adventurer 4, please have a code check to see if the rewards from a quest are duplicates and if so reroll one of them.

I always have to giggle, when i have to make the very hard decision, whether i want 1 or 2 antibiotics as a reward... lol :D

12 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

I like this idea.

Maybe the reload key could be turned into an intelligent shortcut:

if durability = 0 then repair item instead of reload/refuel

Alternatively have the reload key function like the 'Use' key does when you're facing a vehicle.

Tap reload to reload your currently equipped weapon/tool. HOLD DOWN reload for a second or two to repair it.

That way if your weapon is low on durability but not completely zero, but there's a brief lull in the fighting, you can repair while it's safe to do so.

12 hours ago, Khyron said:

Tap reload to reload your currently equipped weapon/tool. HOLD DOWN reload for a second or two to repair it.

Hm, holding the R key already brings up the radial menu to change the ammo type.
Are you thinking of adding a repair icon to that radial menu?

Another possibility might be to assign SHIFT+R as repair current weapon/tool, if that shortcut is not being used for selected weapons and tools already.

11 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

Hm, holding the R key already brings up the radial menu to change the ammo type.
Are you thinking of adding a repair icon to that radial menu?

Another possibility might be to assign SHIFT+R as repair current weapon/tool, if that shortcut is not being used for selected weapons and tools already.

I completely forgot about holding down R to change ammo. But adding repair to the radial menu wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by Khyron
typo (see edit history)

I think I'd prefer the repair to happen if durability is 0 and you just press R without having to hold it.

Holding R is not a significant gain imo in the heat of battle.

I think #2 was discussed at some point but is either far on the to do list or it was not that simple.

I like #4, would be interesting to see something like that.