67.5% diseased. finally found 2 jars of honey. Won't cure me. Should I take them anyway?

ElCabong

Yes! Take them and keep looking for more honey (tree stumps). If you get near small houses, run in and loot the medicine cabinets. Try to venture out and find another trader while you search. 

A downside: if you die, if you have drop items on death, your stuff will be far from home. You can carry a bedroll and drop it down just before you die. Then your home/base will be far away when you revive….. but it’s the journey not the destination that’s important?

The real question is how did you end up in such a pickle?

When I go around, I always carry with me at least a couple Jars of Honey.

If I get infected, I eat one before the infection level goes beyond the reach of the honey cure.

TL-DR: better safe than sorry!

Take em, one at a time (in case you die while the first is ticking). You might not live in the end, but at least you died trying.

The curing infection is less severe, so you might want to time them for fighting; but of course the lower you get it, the better, so it's a matter of special circumstances anyway..

I know you're not playing permadeath, so in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter either way. But this is a survival game. If there's even a small chance of survival, goddammit, I take it! In the way of advice, though, I don't have much to add that others haven't already said. Not sure what your gamestage/lootstage is, but I would chop every tree stump I come across, raid pop-n-pills, or I might even chance going into a T4/5 POI if you have the gear and ammo to handle it.

First thing to do is check every trader you know the location of.

Traders now have a 50% chance to carry antibiotics each time their stock resets, and they usually have 1-3 doses when they do have them in stock.  One trader could sort you out with luck, but if you know the location of 4 or so you can almost certainly fix yourself with no problem.  You only need 3 antibiotics...

I think it's worth using the honey.

While it won't cure you, it buys you a lot of time. During the time when the honey is treating your infection, the infection % will not rise at all. Meaning you gain 10% worth of infection in TIME. The amount of time it takes for the infection to reduce by 5%, and then the amount of time it takes for the infection to raise back that 5%.

During that time you should be actively hunting down tree stumps for more and more honey. They're commonplace enough. Every time you grab another jar, immediately consume it. You extend your life AND it stacks. If you down 1 honey, reduce your infection by 4%, then down another jar you won't waste any of the first jar - it'll add 5% to the original and give you a 10% reduction over time.

If you can't find enough tree stumps for honey, try to find a city and look for a shamway (They often have well-stocked pharmacies), look for a Pop-N-Pills hospital (Dangerous because big and full of zombies but good loot is available), or look for a Pop-N-Pills store.

A Crack a book store also has a teeny tiny chance of having Wasteland Treasures : Honey book which gives you a teeny tiny chance of getting honey from ANY tree, not just tree stumps, which can be super worthwhile.

There are a lot of ways to live through this, giving up is IMO the last resort - fight on! Keep at it! You can get past this! Show your fierce determination to overcome adversity and other such motivational phrases!

Also, the additional time gained from using the honey, you might find the recipes to make your own.  You can make the herbal variant one from the campfire using nothing more than just blueberries, mushrooms, the plant to make red tea, Nitrate, and muddy water.

Also, you have a much better chance of finding honey in a POI tree stump compared to tree stumps in the wild.

At this point you would need to find 3 antibiotics or 7 herbal antibiotics. I would just die as you don´t play permadeath. Especially as you propably already have debuffs from the infection.

Even if you could find enough suddenly, wich i doubt when it got so bad already, i would rather keep them for your next infection.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Also, the additional time gained from using the honey, you might find the recipes to make your own.  You can make the herbal variant one from the campfire using nothing more than just blueberries, mushrooms, the plant to make red tea, Nitrate, and muddy water.

Also, you have a much better chance of finding honey in a POI tree stump compared to tree stumps in the wild.

+1 for the POI tree stumps. I've always had incredible luck with the lumber mill POI ("maze" of logs at the beginning, excavator, couple of small buildings and the mill). There's at least 6-7 stumps surrounding that place.

Take them anyways it will make the percentage counter to count slowly down instead of up; this will buy you time.

Question, are you doing any quests at all, it feeds you ammo, meds and stuff as well you know ?

I notice on live streams some streamers don't even touch the quests and they do have a hard time getting the Basics in survival ?

6 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The real question is how did you end up in such a pickle?

When I go around, I always carry with me at least a couple Jars of Honey.

If I get infected, I eat one before the infection level goes beyond the reach of the honey cure.

TL-DR: better safe than sorry!

It took a while for me to find honey. I have chopped LOTS of stumps. Stuff happens

7 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Luckily I found a trader Bob that had one in his chemistry station when I was at 92.3 percent. I'm at 89.7 and falling

So, the zombies are really unsure what to do with you at first glance, eh?