Mod Manager [A21]

FilUnderscore

ZGDBwN1.png

[v1.1.0]

Mod Manager

Manage your mods smarter by having an in-game tool to help manage all your Mod Settings and Updates through one interface, the Mods menu.

Features:

• Mods List/Settings UI accessible from the main menu. Enable/Disable and customize mod settings from mods that support the Mod Settings API.
  • Game mod list compatibility checking. Ensures you don't load a save with the wrong set of mods.
  • Better error handling. Shows a user-friendly dialog box with the option to copy/ignore the message instead of spamming the in-game console with no way to close it.
  • Mod version checking. Get notified if any new mod updates are available, as well as get compatibility updates about old/new mod versions with the current version of the game installed.
  • Custom Mod Loader. Load mods from multiple directories (as well as the new default %AppData%\7DaysToDie\Mods and the old 7DaysToDie\Mods program folder).

Download/Source:

> Latest Release for Alpha 21.1 b16: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager/releases/latest/download/ModManager.zip

> Previous Releases & Changelog: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager/releases

> Source Code: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager

Installation:

• Download and extract the zip containing latest release into the Mods folder.

Client-only: Disable EAC so the game can load the Mod Manager DLL.

Settings can be modified in the Mod Manager Settings Tab in the Mods menu.

Mod Support:

SMXmenu support: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager/releases/download/1.0.2/ModManagerSMXmenuSupport.zip

Donations:

You are already showing a lot of support just by enjoying the mod, but if you really appreciate my work and want to show extra support in the form of a donation, feel free to buy me a coffee on Ko-fi.

https://storage.ko-fi.com/cdn/brandasset/kofi_button_red.png?_gl=1*1atz1hx*_ga*ODg0MDI3OTQ5LjE2ODk1MDU3MDc.*_ga_M13FZ7VQ2C*MTY4OTUwNTcwNi4xLjEuMTY4OTUxMDg0NC4zNC4wLjA.

Mod Developers (API):

The Mod Manager includes its own APIs to integrate with mods (C# currently, XPath/XML support coming soon).

Currently including:

• Mod Manifest API that allows your users to check for new mod versions within the in-game Mods menu
  • Mod Settings API  to allow users to customize settings without needing to restart their game (and the UI is handled all by the Mod Manager).

The API is written as a wrapper that can be included in your project as a source file, which allows for optional Mod Manager support - meaning no errors will be thrown if the user chooses not to use the Mod Manager with your mod).

More information about the API can be found here: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager/wiki/Mod-Integration

Screenshots:

hf9dQ2Q.png

KRLa8sf.png

Mod settings support with Improved Hordes: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26781-improved-hordes-a205/

gne9qWf.png

RyOQCFj.png

ldefUSU.png

Edited by FilUnderscore (see edit history)

This is really cool stuff, thank you. I was able to run Darkfall, no errors, everything is fine. The question arose, is it possible to install several global mods? (I didn't check). 7D2D Modlauncher creates a copy of the game, as a result, the volume of the disk is filled with 3/4 copies.

mods.jpg

43 minutes ago, Winkiss said:

This is really cool stuff, thank you. I was able to run Darkfall, no errors, everything is fine. The question arose, is it possible to install several global mods? (I didn't check). 7D2D Modlauncher creates a copy of the game, as a result, the volume of the disk is filled with 3/4 copies.

mods.jpg

If you're referring to loading mods from multiple different folders, then yes it is possible. In the Mod Manager Settings Tab, you can edit the "Mod Directories" setting to add more folders (separated by a semicolon, " ; "). The mod will then load any mods it finds in the folders you provide at startup.

An attempt to run some global mods failed. Mods that have a unique/changed menu have a conflict.

For managing small mods, this is a great tool. It's cool to make changes right from the menu.

And for large/global mods, another tool is needed without a GUI or the ability to configure before running 7DTD.

Thanks, great job.

MOD MANAGER 1.0.2 UPDATE RELEASED FOR ALPHA 20.5 B2.

Changelog:

Fixed

• Error when attempting to create a new world using RWG.
  • Fixed versioning notifying of a new update when using a newer version than published in the remote manifest.

Mod Support

MOD MANAGER 1.0.3 for A21 b324 released.

Download: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ModManager/releases/latest/download/ModManager.zip

Changelog

Added

• Refresh button to update and load mods without needing to restart your game.
    • This is currently experimental and may cause issues when loading certain mods.

Removed

• Dependency loading
    • Due to how A21 loads mods compared to A20, this is no longer a viable option.

12 minutes ago, Zagan said:

I'm having problems with an error trying to use this mod. The best thing I think of is to just post a picture of the error. It just keeps counting up with the file name number.

image.thumb.png.4cfce391892f6501684ac94a61443cbb.png

Are you running the latest version (1.0.4)? Fixed a bug with mod versions not being properly read. If you're still getting errors, getting a copy of the log would be useful.

Press F1 to open the console and click on "Open Logs Folder" in the top right. Feel free to paste the error from the log here or upload the log file to pastebin and link it here. This should help figure out what's causing it. There have been some slight changes to A21 loading mods so I'm working on fixing any bugs that pop up.

1 hour ago, Zagan said:

I'm having problems with an error trying to use this mod. The best thing I think of is to just post a picture of the error. It just keeps counting up with the file name number.

image.thumb.png.4cfce391892f6501684ac94a61443cbb.png

Found a fix? I have the same issue

file:///C:/Users/TomSa/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/logs/output_log_client__2023-07-06__20-47-55.txt

9 hours ago, Zagan said:

Not me, I can't even start the game with this mod loaded.

16 hours ago, Zamasu said:

Found a fix? I have the same issue

file:///C:/Users/TomSa/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/logs/output_log_client__2023-07-06__20-47-55.txt

Could you guys share the list of mods you're using so that I can try replicate this issue?

Seems to be working fine now, no errors etc. I can go into the mod managers settings but the settings button is greyed out on other mods? including your Improved hordes mod. Is that normal?

file:///C:/Users/TomSa/Desktop/20230707174733_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

Seems to be working fine now, no errors etc. I can go into the mod managers settings but the settings button is greyed out on other mods? including your Improved hordes mod. Is that normal?

file:///C:/Users/TomSa/Desktop/20230707174733_1.jpg

Pic for reference  

14 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

The settings tab only works for mods that choose to support it through the Mod Manager API (non XML-based mods). Looking into adding support in the future for customizing XML-based mods, but there will be some limitations with this feature. Improved Hordes hasn't been updated to support settings with 2.0.0 yet, but expect them to be available within the next few updates.

15 hours ago, Ignis Pugnatur said:

Hy
I have now the newest version, but i cant enabel the mods or do anything other.
I dont have test the mod alone. I will test it tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, Beefthelegend said:

Removed.  Figured it out.  

Edit #2:  I got the mod page up, but every mod i have is showing disabled, and i click "enable" but nothing changes.  Do i need to remove, and redownload the mods?

Hmm strange. Is there anything popping up in the console? Are the mods properly loading but the UI is saying otherwise?

Hy - I have test it, an now it works.

- Start the game only with the Mod-Manager (no other Mods in the Modfolder)!
- Close the game and copy your mods in the mods-folder.
- Restart the Game - and in the Menü from the Mod-Manager you see all mods.

Sorry for my bad english ...... 

Just now, Ignis Pugnatur said:

- Restart the Game - and in the Menü from the Mod-Manager you see all mods (Enabled in green).

7 hours ago, Ignis Pugnatur said:

- Restart the Game - and in the Menü from the Mod-Manager you see all mods.

Good to know that it works now, I'll see if I can try replicate this bug in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Labaffe69 said:

spacer.png

I have this error message when i click the "mod" button, have downloaded the last version of your mod.

List of mods would be appreciated so I can try to replicate this issue and figure out what could be causing the error.

1 minute ago, UnwishedJack said:

Am I right in assuming this mod cannot be used on a rented dedicated server? Because I dont have acess to the ingame server menus

Yes it is client-only at this point in time. Looking into adding possible support for access on servers in the future, but I'm not sure it would be EAC friendly however.