Sleep Option

FuRios

Hi there, I wanted to suggest the feature of sleeping for skipping night times in the game. I play in a small group of friends, so i sometimes want to just skip nightime. My suggestion is doing what games like minecraft does or any other survival games where u can skip night times. Have a preset range where if the zombies are caught in it, u can't sleep. Additional buffs or debuffs from sleep can be included. By the end of the day this is for more small group oriented play, the devs decide. 

Whoever has admin rights can skip nights quite easily, I do it on my single player games all the time. Admin types dm in the console then hits enter. Then he/she hits esc. On the righthand side of their screen is several possible adjustments, two of them are day & time sliders. Use the slider for time and they push it 23:59 then push the day slider to the next day. Then use the time slider to whatever time that you want to start. It may sound complicated but really only takes seconds to do.

Actually you really can only benefit from sleeping trough the night the first few days. Even then you can go and mine down to bedrock getting ressources. AFter a while you should be going out in the night also. Actually a huge time loss for horde preparation if you sleep trough the night. Ofc depending on your horde frequency and difficulty.

If it´s about the zombies running during night, you can choose that they walk during the night in the settings.

But as long as it is just an option, i don´t see why we couldn´t have that. Just not as a must please. As much as i like Project Zomboid, the need to sleep is quite annoying.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

But as long as it is just an option, i don´t see why we couldn´t have that. Just not as a must please. As much as i like Project Zomboid, the need to sleep is quite annoying.

Edited 1 hour ago by pApA^LeGBa 

Should get tired wicker though :).

No sleep mechanics in game?  No sleep deprivation debuffs?
<sarcasm tone ON>
Because, sure!  Why not?  182 days and nights without sleep is totally immersive!
<sarcasm tone OFF>

Oh, sorry.  Did I type that in my outside fingers?  Ooopsie!