Remember when...

Maharin

10 hours ago, Fox said:

I remember when the generated bridges and roofs would collapse under their own weight all the time.

I remember I watched two older videos of this very thing happening. (Was watching some vintage alpha 1)

I remember when we had legs.

I remember when you always stocked forges, workbenches, and everything when you logged off because they kept running. But time didn't.

I remember searching for the dots of fertilizer in the burnt biome on the map

I remember when zombies ran while inside, like it was night time

13 hours ago, Fox said:

I remember when the generated bridges and roofs would collapse under their own weight all the time.

It's a  pity that stopped or at least didn't continue under the weight of people/vehicles.

After all it wouldn't take many years of neglect for that to happen in real life 

5 hours ago, Pernicious said:

It's a  pity that stopped or at least didn't continue under the weight of people/vehicles.

After all it wouldn't take many years of neglect for that to happen in real life 

True... it would be kind of thrilling to have a few surprises like that... especially when driving over them.

• 3 weeks later...

I recall harvesting corn and sometimes getting a blue candy tin as a prize. And you could go into the wasteland POI's and not only loot the lockers, but then bash them with a stone axe and harvest them whole so that they could be placed in your base. And they would respawn loot for you.

Those days you travelled on foot. No bicycles even. And it was Navezgane only.

You could place ore and stone. I had a few builds where the interior walls were made of iron ore (it looked much different than the way iron ore looks today).

Oh, and the strange way that blocks would reshape themselves when destroyed. You could see them, but had to find just the right spot to give them that last wallop to make them go away.

Edited by Melange
Added "And they would respawn loot..." (see edit history)

• 1 month later...