Remember when...

Maharin

I remember when crops could grow under torchlight.

I remember when campfires were used to slow zombies down at night.

I remember normal shotguns being used to destroy trees quickly

I remember when pigs had a habit of climbing ladders.

I remember when zombies could reach you further than you could reach them... wait, that's still a thing.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Fox said:

I remember normal shotguns being used to destroy trees quickly

I members you could mine with shotguns.

I members we had spooky caves I got lost in.

I members having to use a hoe to farm

Membered another one: Every fifth day dog hordes.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Remember when:

1.  It would take over and hour and a half to loot and get rid of gore blocks after a decently sized horde night.

2.  Finding the minibikes for dumb@%$#s was the absolute peak looting experience.

3.  Finding entire cities made up of cell towers POI's.

4.  Spending a whole day making RWG maps but barely ever finding any I'd actually like.

5.  Random hordes were actually scary.

6.  Farming required poop, nitrates, and a garden hoe.

7.  That first time you found the native settlement in the canyon in Navezgane, and then was disappointed after ten steps in that it looked like an unfinished hollywood set?

8.  Zombies could stomp out your crops.

9.  Winding underground cave complexes, and Taza's Axe?

10.  The old scrubby plains biome was literally the worst.

Bonus Content Feature:

My favourite bug of all time was when Grace and the Vulture spawns were cross bugged and you could see a large number of Graces sitting on rooftops waiting to drop on you from above?   I still have nightmares about that one.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

I remember when...

• Cutting trees down near a cliff could create some super cool tree flipping action.  There's probably a video somewhere with that.
  • An aside: I really do miss the deadly trees... as someone else already pointed out.
  • Map generation would sometimes make super steep vertical cliffs that could sometimes split a POI.  It made for some very fun base options.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, Maharin said:

Share your own oddity from the past that was short lived but very strange.

I remember that you could plant trees on frames and when you removed the frame you had a lot of wood in your inventory.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:09 AM, Gamida said:

I members having to use a hoe to farm

I remember when me and you talked about not bringing up my sister on the forums anymore.  I don't care if she helped you or not! It's embarrassing....

25 minutes ago, Banginurz said:

I remember when me and you talked about not bringing up my sister on the forums anymore.  I don't care if she helped you or not! It's embarrassing....

From years back on the Internet...

PY GEAR™: 'YOU CAN'T AFFORD ME!' hot chick tee shirt

I remember the heat maps where zombies were attracted to your heat. At the same time there were no weapons so you always avoided zombies. I remember the first town but we were afraid to explore it because we had no weapons and, uh, zombies. And I remember the first digging zombies that the ground beneath your base became swiss cheese.

20 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I used to pee standing up

I used to pee from across the room.  Funny thing is that people tend to get MORE offended if you pee on them from a distance than if you do it up close.  Why is that?

I remember minecraft cubed everything

Also the same minecraft make a pattern with components crafting grid system.

Part of me wishes we had to create things that way the first time as an act of "prototyping" and then its just a matter of having said ingredients there on.

5 minutes ago, warmer said:

I remember minecraft cubed everything

Also the same minecraft make a pattern with components crafting grid system.

Part of me wishes we had to create things that way the first time as an act of "prototyping" and then its just a matter of having said ingredients there on.

The crafting grid used to be a thing.  It won't be again in this game, at least.

Once it gets complicated enough to require a "book of patterns" or the like then what is the point?  You're essentially using recipes anyway.  And with the Internet leaking everything it's not like there will be much of a challenge to "discover" patterns.  Also, there's the XML to peek at... no secrets here.