Can't find save location in Linux

Rot

Hi,

Googled and everywhere it says the save location is ~/.local/share/7DaysToDie, but that's not the case for me. I do remember finding it a while ago. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the notes where I typed the exact save location for next time, since it was a lot more directories to go through than the one most people seem to suggest online. I have tried to look through a lot of different directories several times, but it's nowhere to be found.

Does anyone have an idea of where it could be located?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

dont know anything about linux but does the steam interface have this.

Reveal hidden contents

bandicam 2022-05-29 22-34-11-225.jpg

dang my bad.. that wont show the save folder.. :(

Thank you anyway! I actually did try to open the save folder through Steam earlier, which would've worked if the location was the same as it seems to be for the majority when I google. Unfortunately I seem to have it hidden somewhere deeper, lol. No idea why, either.

I'm stupid! I could've just searched for the save name through the terminal. For anyone as new as I am to Linux with the same issue, the saves location was /home/t/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/compatdata/251570/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves

Told you it was long! And how I found it was with

locate --basename '\220503'

(220503 being the name of the save, so you'd have to change that bit). 

12 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i updated about same time you wrote this so look again i added a path i found.

Thank you dude. It seems to be the same location that I found through Steam which for some reason wasn't the correct one for me, but I found it! Typical to always find the solution shortly after writing a post, but hopefully it can help someone else in the future.

Edited by Rot
Spacing (see edit history)

This savegame location tells me you are playing the game through Proton, the windows emulator steam uses. If you were playing it natively you would see the path unholyjoe posted.

I actually should try Proton some time to see if there are any performance differences between the native linux version and the Proton version. 

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

This savegame location tells me you are playing the game through Proton, the windows emulator steam uses. If you were playing it natively you would see the path unholyjoe posted.

I actually should try Proton some time to see if there are any performance differences between the native linux version and the Proton version. 

Ah, that explains it! Thank you. I am playing through Proton yes, it seems to work a lot better for me. Without it I'd get a very annoying white, flickering light on my tools and weapons that made it unplayable. That seemed to be the only noticeable difference for me. 

28 minutes ago, Rot said:

Ah, that explains it! Thank you. I am playing through Proton yes, it seems to work a lot better for me. Without it I'd get a very annoying white, flickering light on my tools and weapons that made it unplayable. That seemed to be the only noticeable difference for me. 

I use windows and I also get that flickering on tools sometimes. I think what it is for me is I still make early temp base underground, usually at bedrock. I have been down there mining and seen that occasional flicker you mentioned. If I go to the surface I notice there is a thunderstorm. The flickering seems to coincide with the lightning. At least that is what it seems is happening to me.

2 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I use windows and I also get that flickering on tools sometimes. I think what it is for me is I still make early temp base underground, usually at bedrock. I have been down there mining and seen that occasional flicker you mentioned. If I go to the surface I notice there is a thunderstorm. The flickering seems to coincide with the lightning. At least that is what it seems is happening to me.

Definitely. I noticed that too. However I also seem to get it without thunderstorms, and the flickering gets really bad after a while. But it tends to start underground for me as well, then when it eventually gets bad enough it's intense and nonstop flickering below and above ground.

yeah could be totally different reasons we get that flicker. To tell truth mine doesn't happen that often (maybe because no thunderstorms that often?? Not sure) and I sort of have gotten so use to it I hardly notice it now when it happens.