Screen Stuck on loading but game running in back ground

Sandman

Title says it all.   Further information is   I can go log in with my kids account and it loads fine. Most times i can see my character just standing there.  Early on I could bump into my character and then go back to my PC and it would be working fine   as of late it doesn't work.  I started new game to see if i could re=create it   I cant that one works fine    I don't want to put a lot of work into the game  until I can see if I can get problem resolved.   that game had a lot of work in it 

Log Files & Days to Die - JustPaste.it

Ok i updated it ( phew it was a bit old)   It didnt make any difference still does same thing. I went back in logged into y kids and joined server. His works fine    I just seem to be standing there 

It almost sounds like that save is corrupted since the problem disappears when you start a new seed but there is nothing in the log that shows a problem. What version were you playing when you started that seed?

It should still work if generated with 20.3 but, unfortunately, there’s no guarantee. The only suggestion that I can offer is to try to fix the corrupted save. In the pinned topic above, there are instructions on how to attempt to fix the save: 

if that doesn’t work, I’m afraid that save is lost unless someone else has a different solution.

• 1 month later...

All right I have had it happen 2 more times (figured out leave it on loading screen for while you do spawn) however, last time   I had a direct cause   Power went out 

So, when it came back i was back to start   My base was still there everything in storage   however  vehicles gone

So set up another game  I had the son log in too  then off  killed the game  ( like power)   Logged on back to start   vehicles there

Did it again though  solo   no kid logging on    started  it back    back to start  base there no vehicles

So it seems my issue  ( initially) by improper save )

anyway   Brand new APC back up  installed now  so no worries about power killing game before saved properly

I posted this follow up as it may help someone else or at least point them in the right direction

If the fix in the support FAQ didn't help then you could go one step further. Drop all your stuff into a box (including any vehicle and armor), note your level and the books you have read and stop the server again!

Delete player files of your character (i.e. .ttp AND .map of your character). You can find out which number is your character from players.xml in the main directory of the save.

You will start with a new character. Take your possessions, use F1 and the command giveselfxp to get back to the level you were. Relearn your perks. Turn on creative menue and give yourself the books you already have read.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)