EOS Errors

LachoneusX

One thing to look at with this error is your antivirus. If you are using Windows Defender or some other antivirus, create an exclusion for your server files. It is not enough to turn off the antivirus, you need to create the exclusion.

Also be sure that you have forwarded the following ports:

26900 TCP

26900-26903 UDP

Be sure to use an online port checker to verify that they are open.

The firewall was excluded, on private, which is the network I'm set on, I opened public as well just in case. I had 26900-26902 both TCP and UDP. I updated to 26900 TCP and 26900-26903 UDP. it's odd, 26900 is the only port that is reading open. I have a bunch of other from other games as well and they read closed as well...The server shows up, I can join, would that be possible on closed ports? I feel like I'm doing something wrong here...

35 minutes ago, LachoneusX said:

The firewall was excluded, on private, which is the network I'm set on,

Not sure if this is your problem, but as Star said, you need to add folder exclusions in your Antivirus (Defender)

for the game and save folders.

An antivirus checks every packet that goes out or in from the network, which adds a lot of lag to a game server.

16 hours ago, LachoneusX said:

The firewall was excluded, on private, which is the network I'm set on, I opened public as well just in case. I had 26900-26902 both TCP and UDP. I updated to 26900 TCP and 26900-26903 UDP. it's odd, 26900 is the only port that is reading open. I have a bunch of other from other games as well and they read closed as well...The server shows up, I can join, would that be possible on closed ports? I feel like I'm doing something wrong here...

Most EOS issues reported here are antivirus software with a few being port related. Once you create exclusions for the game folder and saves folder, check to see if the errors are gone. Router port issues can be tricky and we can get into resolving them if the antivirus fix doesn’t help but I think it will.

Okay, looks like I was doing the Firewall wrong. I was able to get in an exclude the folders. I have all the ports open on my router (I use an eero mesh router system). Through the app I have all the ports open, but when I check a port checker online only 26900 is open. Now that I have the folders excluded, I'll see if I still run into problems with the ports or if this gets things going. 

thanks!