New ideas for horde bases

BenZ0

So I am looking and trying to design new horde bases by myself, I am doing this already since months and I feel like I am kinda running out of ideas. I am mainly using blade traps and electric fences cuz I really enjoy trying to make the best use out of them, I kinda dislike using dart traps cuz they feel abit too strong to use imo. Looking for some new inspiration and suggestions.

I usually like to fight myself so it is important for me to have a way to also shoot at the zombies. Dont like those afk bases where you abuse a certain pathing of the zombies or a hitbox of some specific block where zombies literally cannot reach you. I dont even mind if the zombies manage to break through at some point, having some action and unexpected and tense moments are always nice. I looked up youtube more then enough but I find mostly just those exact AFK bases.

So here I am asking anyone who could give me some more ideas I could try out. I was thinking of making a mountain base since I never did something like that before. Again no AFK auto base or path abuse bases. Also you dont need to treat me as a newby, I know the game pretty well and I am just bored after 2k hours, and yes I am already playing on insane difficulty with feral sense always on and running zombies at day time. I dont use mods cuz I like to stick with vanilla. 

Thanks for reading this far

Tbh if you are bored at insane/running/feral sense, no horde base design will change that. Did you already do a wasteland only playtrough? That spices things up a bit.

Like it or not, but at that point mods are propably your best bet. There is a few that make the game harder. Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst and so on. Pretty sure you would turn down difficulty there at least one if not two levels.

A suggestion that I found fun is to change the game to nightly bloodmoons and then use whatever POI the trader sends you to for a quest as the place you must fortify and defend for the bloodmoon. That could cause you to need to innovate depending on the layout of the place.

This is one of my fav channels. They test horde base designs at a level even TFP would consider end game. They test their own designs and others they find on the interweb. Only thing is they test as a 5 person MP no matter the base design by other players, even if the base is a SP design built for day 14 horde night. It can make for some pretty humorous viewing. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/ICGAMING

On 5/24/2022 at 3:26 PM, Roland said:

A suggestion that I found fun is to change the game to nightly bloodmoons and then use whatever POI the trader sends you to for a quest as the place you must fortify and defend for the bloodmoon. That could cause you to need to innovate depending on the layout of the place.

Interesting idea.

A few months back my friends and I were such high levels that we decided it might be neat to do our massive high gamestage horde fights in random POI's.. most of which were basically ruins or made of wood.   We were even throwing around dynamite and using rocket launchers gratuitously.  lol   One of the times we even gave ourselves 20 minutes to make a base out of it using only what resources we could scavenge from the inside.

We left a lot of smoking craters behind.  lol   Wild times.