Gamepass Version Extreme Lag/Freezing on doing anything

Summary: Game runs at 165ish fps when not doing anything but any interaction causes the game to freeze and fps to tank

Game Version: A20.5  

Platform: Xbox Game Pass

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: I9 9900K

System Memory: 32GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 3080 TI 12 GB OC 

Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 165hz (tested down to 720p same issue)

Video Settings: Lowest & Medium (same problem on both no difference)

Game mode: Happened on all game modes

Speccy Specs - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/6rXkAwLo3tgYh1Ko6HvRCTH

Here is a screen capture I took of the issue you will see my frames at around 165 when standing still doing nothing but when I move/look around / punch / pause / etc the game locks up and eventually comes back to working.

I've reinstalled the game multiple times (its stored on my SSD), I have reinstalled drivers using DDU, I have turned as many settings as i could see to off or lowest I could, I have verified the game files.

I would try an older version to see if it works but since its the game pass version I have no way to get older versions.

The game does not do this on my laptop (i7-8650U, Integrated Graphics/GTX 1060, 16GB ram, 4k res(yes I know overkill but I just turned it on to see if it did anything different there))

The issue is also the same on a friends desktop I attempted to play with, i think his is a i7-4???, GTX 1660 super, 16GB. both of us got it through the game pass version and without purchasing the game through steam we don't know if the issue would be the same but we would both hate to buy it and find the same issue there and then refund it.

Here are a few of my logs of a couple times I tried it after re installs/game verifications 

Most recent log - https://pastebin.com/ZES71LbT

output_log_client__2022-05-22__22-28-05.txt - https://pastebin.com/n5L3dtDU

output_log_client__2022-05-22__21-52-40.txt - https://pastebin.com/kjR6m6nR

If anyone has tips or ideas or anything please let me know because we really would like to play this game.

You have a great rig but still this game is taxing. Before we call this a Gamepass issue, try tweaking some more settings. Turn off dynamic resolution, dynamic music and turn off anything relating to shadows, turn off bloom. Now see how the game runs and post another output log.

1 minute ago, Star69 said:

You have a great rig but still this game is taxing. Before we call this a Gamepass issue, try tweaking some more settings. Turn off dynamic resolution, dynamic music and turn off anything relating to shadows, turn off bloom. Now see how the game runs and post another output log.

5 hours ago, Dashingsuperman said:

Already turned that off, same result, I think it turned itself back on between reinstalls and I forgot to turn it off when collecting logs here are screenshots of the 3 settings pages

https://imgur.com/a/BVe25B1

Oops thought he said dynamic mesh….well, try turning shadows, bloom and dynamic mesh off. I’m trying to suggest settings that are the most taxing. If you still run poorly, click the red banner at the top of the forum and it will lead you to the official bug report forum where the report you submit goes directly to the QA team for the developers. They will also ask you to supply more details in hopes of them trying to reproduce your problem.

besides the anti virus thing - there is something else in your Speccy-Report which is at last "strange".

Your RTX 3080 is reported as a 4GB VRAM model instead of the 12GB which it should have:

Graphics
G32QC (2560x1440@165Hz)
G32QC (2560x1440@165Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc): 36 °C

[...]

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Model: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Device ID: 10DE-2208
Revision: A2
Subvendor: ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)
Current Performance Level: Level 0
Bus Interface: PCI Express x16
Temperature: 36 °C
Driver version: 30.0.15.1277
BIOS Version: 94.02.71.80.9c
Memory: 4095 MB
Count of performance levels : 1
	Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"

maybe a fake? Or just a false report? dunno.

7 hours ago, q123 said:

besides the anti virus thing - there is something else in your Speccy-Report which is at last "strange".

Your RTX 3080 is reported as a 4GB VRAM model instead of the 12GB which it should have:

Graphics
G32QC (2560x1440@165Hz)
G32QC (2560x1440@165Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc): 36 °C

[...]

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Model: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Device ID: 10DE-2208
Revision: A2
Subvendor: ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)
Current Performance Level: Level 0
Bus Interface: PCI Express x16
Temperature: 36 °C
Driver version: 30.0.15.1277
BIOS Version: 94.02.71.80.9c
Memory: 4095 MB
Count of performance levels : 1
	Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"

maybe a fake? Or just a false report? dunno.

7 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Ah good catch q123. That is somewhat common with Speccy. GPU-z may be better to make sure that is the case or not.

GPU-Z shows it at a 12GB card so idk what is up with Speccy (this forum post mentions it being the same issue in 2016 https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/47263-gpu-showing-incorrect-values-in-speccy/)

7 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Here's something I noticed in your Speccy: You're running three antivirus softwares, Nortan, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. Try disabling Nortan and Malwarebytes and try again and see if it resolved it and we know where to start.

Didn't know about the Norton and I can't find it anywhere on my pc, I know I have CCleaner and it sometimes has something to do with Norton so I'm gonna remove that in general.

Malwarebytes and Windows defender I did turn off and disable and checked before (I asked this question in the discord and decided to post it here too and that was a recommendation) still the same issue even after redoing it and uninstalling CCleaner (cause I cant find Norton on my PC. Though I did come across this in the CCleaner forums so I assume its related https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/61879-speccy-detecting-malwarebytes-and-norton-even-though-they-are-uninstalled/

6 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Also Asus installs a lot of bloatware and rgb junk that should be removed.

I've removed as much bloatware as I can but since a lot of controlling the speed\fan speeds of the card are all on one\program I did uninstall it (ASUS GPU TweakII) but there was no difference so I reinstalled it afterwards.

I may have found the thing causing the issue, Razer Cortex: I use this service as it disables non-needed processes, tasks, and services while playing games, I do this as i do like to have a browser open on my other monitor while gaming so releasing as much RAM as possible is useful for me but I don't know if I truly need it anymore just kept it more just cause, I will restart my PC a few times after uninstalling it and see what happens but after disabling it and ending its task the game started running well suddenly. Will update tomorrow as I work a 8-5 and need sleep. though after closing the program the game runs fine and after reopening it the game runs awful again.

Based upon my limited google searches this might not have been an interaction before as this steam post someone mentions they use this program themselves but don't mention any issues using it (Given this was from 2017)https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/2592234299576348737/ 

If anyone can recreate this issue let me know (if you don't want to install this just to test i will see if my friend has that software on his pc + the same fix when he closes it)

ssao  should not give you any issue at all, your GPU is a little beefier than mine but it doesn't have much effect on me. The user there had ddr3 running at 800mhz which would definitely cause that, that ram would have been fine in 2008.

Yes, Razer is horrible for that. Asus is also bad. You don't need any programs to disable things like that, perhaps back in the Windows XP era but not anymore. All they do is cause issues and make people that aren't very knowledgeable feel like they get something out of it so stick with the brand. My partner had a bunch of Asus and Razer crap on her machine and had game crashes/low FPS which was resolved by removing it all.

Nortan and Malwarebytes literally fight being removed. Even uninstalling them will usually leave processes running at boot, you gotta dig deep to remove them.

CCleaner USED to be good, but it's both not needed anymore and since they got bought out by another company has become almost malware level dangerous.