20.5 (b2)....where are the screamers ?

Definitely can not confirm.

We have 8 Forges, 5 Chem stations, 4 cement mixers, and roughly 10 workbenches.   We lost all our powered stuff due to a bug in upgrading to the latest build but I don't think plays much of a role in heat last I understood.

The amount of screamers I get even when logged in on my own was pretty ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Arthur Fuxache said:

Still getting nothing here.

4 forges going all night plus constant mining....not one showed up.

Usually get a steady flow of them.......

Oh tell a lie....one coyote decided to show up.......but am not even in a desert biome....

are you on a dedicated server?

5 hours ago, Arthur Fuxache said:

Oh tell a lie....one coyote decided to show up.......but am not even in a desert biome....

I have had this happen to me, I think it's actually a wandering horde of coyotes (guess one of them wandered off from the group in your case).

I have also had wandering horde consisting of 2 zombie bears and some zombie dogs (on like day 10 in the forest...)

On 5/23/2022 at 12:02 AM, NekoPawtato said:

I have had this happen to me, I think it's actually a wandering horde of coyotes (guess one of them wandered off from the group in your case).

I have also had wandering horde consisting of 2 zombie bears and some zombie dogs (on like day 10 in the forest...)

I had that once on a buried supplies quest...tier 2 or 3 ithink.....2 bears and 6 dogs spawned....I didn't last long lol

On 5/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, Callum123456789 said:

are you on a dedicated server?

Just on a custom standalone map 

6 hours ago, Arthur Fuxache said:

I had that once on a buried supplies quest...tier 2 or 3 ithink.....2 bears and 6 dogs spawned....I didn't last long lol

Just on a custom standalone map 

Then something is messed up with your game screamers always come in my worlds on servers and people I've played with 

32 minutes ago, Arthur Fuxache said:

Well using the Auger seems to get them buzzed...just found that out 

The auger in itself is not that bad as long as you keep the mouse button pressed. However, when you mine metal, a lot of screamers come to visit.

25 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I seem to recall that being fixed; that the auger now does heat per hit?

The auger increases the heat when you fire it up by pressing the mouse button and each hit on a block also increases the heat. If a block breaks this add even more to the heat map. How much the heat rises per hit or when a block is destroyed depends on the material.

Capp00 has made a video about this:

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

Oo, ok. That was all kinds of unexpected. Thanks :)

So, for a screamer, with an auger

- 100 dry-starts

- 84 tap-mine-hits on iron (min)

- 500 continuous hits on iron (max)

- no block-breaking heat (at one point Capp says there is, but the footage doesn't show it with auger)

- on coal etc (all stone types?), no heat at all..? His normal hits do 27 damage, but the stone blocks end up disappearing from 33? Should there be a breaking sound there; is the breaking event somehow broken?

That sounds.. relatable, plenty of screamers for metal mines, but.. a bit broken tbh

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)