Oh @%$#z Drops!

Missyism

Just curious,  I have been carrying around dukes for as long as I can remember in hopes to grab oh @%$#z from vending machines.  I do know there were only a few around sometimes to grab but since the last patch or 2, I've looked in dozens of vending machines during quests and at the traders daily and have not seen a single oh @%$#z.  Has the drop rate/appear rate for them been nerfed??

They're still in the game under the foodCandy group which is found in vending machines around the world.  Working vending machines are refreshed daily so I'd say you're just having bad luck... or blame Roland because that's his favorite candy and he's likely going into your games and buying it all up.  He has special powers like that.

I will have to check the latest config files (the ones I got on my work computer are from 20.1) but this is how it works in game

<!-- Vending Machines found in the world. -->
    <trader_info id="4" full_reset="true" reset_interval="1" override_buy_markup="1.0" allow_sell="false" min_inventory="6" max_inventory="13" min_items_swapped="6" max_items_swapped="13">
        <trader_items count="10">
            <item group="foodVending"/>
            <item group="foodCandy" count="1" prob="0.70"/>
        </trader_items>
    </trader_info>

The foodCandy group has 11 items in it so the OhCrapDrops have a small chance of being stocked if that group is choosen during the restocking stage.

11 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I will have to check the latest config files (the ones I got on my work computer are from 20.1) but this is how it works in game

<!-- Vending Machines found in the world. -->
    <trader_info id="4" full_reset="true" reset_interval="1" override_buy_markup="1.0" allow_sell="false" min_inventory="6" max_inventory="13" min_items_swapped="6" max_items_swapped="13">
        <trader_items count="10">
            <item group="foodVending"/>
            <item group="foodCandy" count="1" prob="0.70"/>
        </trader_items>
    </trader_info>

The foodCandy group has 11 items in it so the OhCrapDrops have a small chance of being stocked if that group is choosen during the restocking stage.

wow okay now it makes sense.  Whats terrible then, is the fact that my hubby and I have had the worse luck.  We do a ton of quests for tier 4 and 5 and hit all the vending machines along the way and have only bought 1 in the 20 something days we've been playing so far.  Its terrible.  I've never had such bad luck with them at all.  Thanks for the info BFT!!!

7 hours ago, Missyism said:

wow okay now it makes sense.  Whats terrible then, is the fact that my hubby and I have had the worse luck.  We do a ton of quests for tier 4 and 5 and hit all the vending machines along the way and have only bought 1 in the 20 something days we've been playing so far.  Its terrible.  I've never had such bad luck with them at all.  Thanks for the info BFT!!!

Each game can be very different.  I've had games where I've looted 20+ nests in the beginning of the game with zero eggs and games where I've had 9 out of the first 10 have at least one egg.  It's a small example but the RNG is run by a bipolar Fortuna from what I can gather.

I've found two elements in my experience:

1 - What I want is abundant when I can't afford it

2 - What I want is unavailable when my gamestage needs it. 

I don't know the code like some of the slick dudes here, but I feel like the machines adjust a lot off either my @%$# poor RNG or gamestage. I've also felt like they know I like sugarbutts which is why I rarely find them. Jerks.