Zombies nearly gone

Damian

I always use the same settings, Blood Moon, Nightmare speed and 64 zombies spawning, yesterday there were only a couple of zombies when there were always dozens spawning like crazy, I didn't change anything recently, today I deleted all of my mods and started a new game but it's still happening. Any ideas on what it could be ?

Ok, I gave up and uninstalled and it is STILL happening. I triple checked the settings, Blood Moon, 64 zombies with spawning on and Nightmare speed on Scavenger. There were 2 or 3 when I got to downtown of a big city, 10pm hit and  there were several more, I killed them and that was it, no spawning at all.

Help please

Edited by Damian (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

What is your gamestage? If you started over it will take a few bloodmoons  to build back up to always dozens spawning.

I bet that's it because I did start a new game. Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

What is your gamestage? If you started over it will take a few bloodmoons  to build back up to always dozens spawning.

Well that wasn't it either. How do I delete ALL of the files so when I uninstall and reinstall nothing from my previous games is there ?

Start the game from steam but choose Show Game Launcher instead of Play Game. When the launcher window comes up click on the tools tab. Click on the option to clean your game files. Check all boxes to clear out all maps and game files and then click on clean. Exit the launcher and start a new game. Hopefully that works for you.

Also make sure you have all of your mods properly cleaned out.  Check your game log file to see if anything is still being loaded in.  Sometimes people think they don't have any mods being loaded in, then when we check the game log file, we note instances where it is being loaded in.

11 hours ago, Damian said:

There were 2 or 3 when I got to downtown of a big city, 10pm hit and  there were several more, I killed them and that was it, no spawning at all.

I might misunderstand, but is this issue about biome spawns? That is, the general spawn rate as you roam around? (The 10PM spawning would just be the "Night" zombie crew checking in for work.) Or are you talking specifically about the Blood Moon horde?

If it's the normal day-to-day biome spawns, then possibly you had a mod which increased that, but it broke or got uninstalled? The typical biome spawns are pretty modest (max of 4 zombies in Pine Forest downtown areas, for example, with respawns about every 8 in-game hours). I typically play my game with 4x the number of spawns more frequent respawns (via a modlet). Sounds like maybe you had something similar. If you're talking about the biome spawns.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Boidster said:

I might misunderstand, but is this issue about biome spawns? That is, the general spawn rate as you roam around? (The 10PM spawning would just be the "Night" zombie crew checking in for work.) Or are you talking specifically about the Blood Moon horde?

If it's the normal day-to-day biome spawns, then possibly you had a mod which increased that, but it broke or got uninstalled? The typical biome spawns are pretty modest (max of 4 zombies in Pine Forest downtown areas, for example, with respawns about every 8 in-game hours). I typically play my game with 4x the number of spawns more frequent respawns (via a modlet). Sounds like maybe you had something similar. If you're talking about the biome spawns.

I pretty much only play Blood Moon on Nightmare speed and 64 zombies. I like to fortify a structure and try to survive the night, about half the time I end up running for my life. I've been doing it the same way for a few months and there has always been a ton of zombies. I think all of the mods I tried out and deleted screwed something up somewhere and whatever it is doesn't get reset when I uninstall.

Just now, Damian said:

I pretty much only play Blood Moon on Nightmare speed and 64 zombies. I like to fortify a structure and try to survive the night, about half the time I end up running for my life. I've been doing it the same way for a few months and there has always been a ton of zombies. I think all of the mods I tried out and deleted screwed something up somewhere and whatever it is doesn't get reset when I uninstall.

Did this happen after the most recent update?