The Endgame: Will There Ever Be One?

On 5/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, meganoth said:

No, 300 is a limit that nobody expects you to reach. Well, you can do it, but the current game is finished far earlier for most players: When they have the best gun and armor they can get for their specialization and at the highest quality, found all the books they wanted and have a base that withstands even a group of demolishers. Then most start a fresh game, in a new alpha, or a with a mod they didn't play for a while.

The endgame will happen at that time (at your choosing) and is probably about that fight I told you about.

If you want to continue after that, you surely will be able to, but apart from building fancy houses or  bigger and bigger horde bases there is nothing much to do then.

"Endgame" was never properly defined and is something different for each player. If you for example expect an endgame MMO-style then you probably have to wait for mods to add that.

Some mods already provide contents for a longer playtime, some eventually might also add endless grind-loops like Diablo or whatever else you are looking for.

Thank you Meganoth. This is what I was trying to get an answer to.  And it sounds about right for the path this game follows.

I will argue that "Endgame" is very properly defined. It just has a lot of different perspectives, as you already know. I was just trying to find out what perspective 7 Days To Die's endgame was coming from.

Edited by Paiper Zombee
Words. (see edit history)

On 5/21/2022 at 2:32 PM, meganoth said:

"Endgame" was never properly defined and is something different for each player. If you for example expect an endgame MMO-style then you probably have to wait for mods to add that.

Some mods already provide contents for a longer playtime, some eventually might also add endless grind-loops like Diablo or whatever else you are looking for.

For me, it always changes.  Once it was when I died.  Another time it was when I died during a BM horde.  Another time was when I fully upgraded the house I was living it.  Another time was when I had looted out every city / town location within 3 km of me.

Sometimes I have a specific end goal in mind before I fire up my new world, other times I decided on what it would be after about a week into the game.

I like this as I can create my end goal conditions each time I play; not have a defined ending.

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

For me, it always changes.  Once it was when I died.  Another time it was when I died during a BM horde.  Another time was when I fully upgraded the house I was living it.  Another time was when I had looted out every city / town location within 3 km of me.

Sometimes I have a specific end goal in mind before I fire up my new world, other times I decided on what it would be after about a week into the game.

I like this as I can create my end goal conditions each time I play; not have a defined ending.

When players use the word "endgame", they usually don't mean the point in time when they end the game but they mean the last part of the game where often grind is used to prolong the game. In many games the endgame is also the part of the game where the gameplay changes. In a typical MMO there is a distinctive endgame where no xp and skill progression happens anymore but gear is advanced in a very grindy game loop.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, Maharin said:

This is a clue about their new game, isn't it?

... if you just focus on... extra special sauce the pimps inject... exciting surprise.

And here I thought he was talking about the corner of 45th & Broadway.... 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:43 AM, BFT2020 said:

And this is what type of "Endgame" I thought 7 Days To Die might have. The player defines it, not necessarily the game itself.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:51 PM, meganoth said:

When players use the word "endgame", they usually don't mean the point in time when they end the game but they mean the last part of the game where often grind is used to prolong the game. In many games the endgame is also the part of the game where the gameplay changes. In a typical MMO there is a distinctive endgame where no xp and skill progression happens anymore but gear is advanced in a very grindy game loop.

True indeed. And this is what I was trying to find out when it came to the route 7 Days is going in. Level 300 is (actually far beyond) the point where there is no more xp and skill progression so to speak. That's why I put that out there.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:01 PM, Jinx_DG said:

... if you just focus on... extra special sauce the pimps inject... exciting surprise.

And here I thought he was talking about the corner of 45th & Broadway.... 

Stay off the corner my friend...unless you've got Ho-Talents!  Just remember, they don't work on rarity!