Alpha 20.5 Stable

Hated

Hello everyone!

Today we give you 20.5 stable with fixes for crashes and also a fix for the drone that caused issues in MP.

We are aware of the following regarding this build:

1. We are seeing reports of the Discord overlay potentially crashing the game, please read here. Please scroll to "Overlay Issues".
  2. EOS issue with macOS Monterey, you can still play without EAC until this is fixed by EOS.
  3. Party voice for macOS does not currently work and needs to be fixed by EOS in a future update.
  4. Party voice currently not supported on Linux, waiting for a fix by EOS.

If you are not on macOS Monterey and you crash, you can try starting the game without EAC or run the game's 7dLauncher.exe directly from the game folder. If you can play then, great, but please help us by reporting the crash following the link below.

If you are still crashing, please take your time to report a bug, after reading this: 

If you still crash before the game starts, we would need your launcher.log and the anticheatlauncher.log.

Please provide them in a bug report following the link above.

Mods folder

Due to restrictions from Microsoft, FUTURE updates may change the location of the Mods folder.

These restrictions make it so that the Mods folder can longer be in the same installation folder as 7 Days to Die.

You can specify the location of the UserDataFolder in the game launcher. The Mods folder can then be placed in that folder.

Add the following to the command line:

Format:

-UserDataFolder=<YOUR_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>

Example:

-UserDataFolder=C:\MyUserData

The UserDataFolder can also be set in the serverconfig.xml file.

Format:

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="<YOUR_SERVER_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_SERVER_FOLDER_PATH><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>" />

Example:

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="C:\MyServer\Users\TFP\123456\MyDediSaves" />

Changelog:

A20.5 b2

Added 

• Server browser now shows warning when results hit the search limit 
  • Localization files are tested for a valid header line and show appropriate errors 

Changed 

• Removed EAC compatibility warning on Windows 11

Fixed 

• Voice comms fail for player who was voiced in multi player party who then leaves game to main menu then rejoins game and party 
  • Voice chat fails to initiate for latest joiner to the party 
  • EAC error after entering server password 
  • Reenabled player reporting 
  • UserDataFolder and SaveGameFolder did not allow gamedir relative paths 
  • PartSpawn in POI Marker doesn't pull parts from mod folders 
  • XUi FilledSprite view not properly updating on position changes 
  • Drone causing excess data in player data .ttp file on dedi 

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

Hey everyone,

I stopped playing on my dedicated server with my 1 friend about 3 months ago. I wanted to log in and play again but everything is gone. My server config has reset and I don't know what to do... I tried opening my last output log to re-create my server config line by line, but that didn't work. Can anyone help me so I can play on my dedicated server again? I unfortunately never saved a backup on my server config. We started on A20.0 and updated up to A20.3 as the updates came. Everything worked fine, until now. And yeah, I have the game running in 20.3.

Thanks, hope I can get this working again!

Migrating my 20.4 to 20.5 removed ALL the electric cables from my base. The traps are here and everything but nothing is wired anymore. DO NOT migrate your 20.4 dedicated server from 20.4 to 20.5 if you want to keep your cables or get ready to connect everything again.

Happy wiring!

Adding to my previous post just above as I was experiencing the full issue: 

• Dart traps are also empty now (dart ammo disappeared)
  • Motors disappeared from the generators.
  • Timed relay lost their configuration (back to default)
  • Motion detectors are also reset to factory settings (so my blades are now targeting ME instead of the Z... Noice noice noice.)
  • Trigger plates config are also reset.

Basically anything electrical is now reset to factory settings & empty.

I lost a few hours (real ones) tonight fixing all the issues in my base. Hopefully this won't happen again because it's not pleasant at all to redo something I built recently.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, MaBeuLux88 said:

Migrating my 20.4 to 20.5 removed ALL the electric cables from my base. The traps are here and everything but nothing is wired anymore. DO NOT migrate your 20.4 dedicated server from 20.4 to 20.5 if you want to keep your cables or get ready to connect everything again.

Happy wiring!

Nothing wrong on my Dedi, everything still wired and working perfectly. Gave me a good scare tho!

15 hours ago, MaBeuLux88 said:

Happy wiring!

On our dedicated server, everything works fine after the 20.5 update.

Maybe try to restore your "power.dat" from your latest backup.

5 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

On our dedicated server, everything works fine after the 20.5 update.

Maybe try to restore your "power.dat" from your latest backup.

I trusted the upgrade too much and didn't do a full backup. I'll next time!

Very weird though because I haven't touched the saved game folder at all in between. 

7 hours ago, MaBeuLux88 said:

I trusted the upgrade too much and didn't do a full backup. I'll next time!

Very weird though because I haven't touched the saved game folder at all in between. 

Oh, too bad then :(

I can recommend the mod ServerTools. It has an option for automated backups. Just set it up once and you will always have recent backups.

https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools

I need help with this error stopping the game from loading:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Archetypes.BuildUMA (Archetype _archetype, UMA.UMAData _umaData, SlotLibrary _slotLib, OverlayLibrary _overlayLib, Entity _entity, System.String _profileName, System.Boolean _showPreviewSlots, System.Boolean _useCustomColors, UnityEngine.Color hair, UnityEngine.Color eye, UnityEngine.Color skin, PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00398] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EModelUMA.fullyBuildUMA () [0x00008] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EModelUMA.GenerateOneUMA (EntityClass _ec) [0x000f2] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EModelUMA.createModel (World _world, EntityClass _ec) [0x00048] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EModelUMA.Init (World _world, Entity _entity) [0x000ca] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at Entity.InitEModel () [0x00061] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at Entity.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x0000d] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EntityAlive.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EntityPlayer.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x0002e] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EntityPlayerLocal.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x0017c] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at GameManager.PlayerId (System.Int32 _playerId, System.Int32 _teamNumber, PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim) [0x000f9] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerId.ProcessPackage (World _world, GameManager _callbacks) [0x00000] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection, ClientInfo _clientInfo) [0x000c8] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x000f6] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 

4 hours ago, Jolly said:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Archetypes.BuildUMA (Archetype _archetype, UMA.UMAData _umaData, SlotLibrary _slotLib, OverlayLibrary _overlayLib, Entity _entity, System.String _profileName, System.Boolean _showPreviewSlots, System.Boolean _useCustomColors, UnityEngine.Color hair, UnityEngine.Color eye, UnityEngine.Color skin, PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00398] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 

I can only guess... based on the exception "Index Out Of Range" suggests it was working its way through a list and did something like ask for item 7 of 6, which doesn't exist. From there, we have to guess as to what list. It seems to be asking "Archetypes" to "buildUMA" and working with values like "profileName", "hair", "eye", "skin" ... which all kind of sound like a player character profile, perhaps like the kind you pick to determine how you will appear. Maybe? Did you perhaps not pick a profile or maybe it is corrupted?

Again, guessing.

how about you not screw with were the mods go alot of people that play your game don't have c drives big enough you are driving your own game into the ground honestly im so close to walking away from your game as am im sure a lot of other  you un funpimps always mess with things that never needed fixing or messed with its unbelievable its kind of sad mod makers actually fix your mistakes and make your game playable yall are turning everyone against you with this crap make it make sense un funpimps  

23 minutes ago, pawpaws_ said:

how about you not screw with were the mods go alot of people that play your game don't have c drives big enough you are driving your own game into the ground honestly im so close to walking away from your game as am im sure a lot of other  you un funpimps always mess with things that never needed fixing or messed with its unbelievable its kind of sad mod makers actually fix your mistakes and make your game playable yall are turning everyone against you with this crap make it make sense un funpimps  

"needed fixing" no, because there was no bug that was fixed. "needed" yes, because the change is necessary to conform to rules outside of funpimps control.

22 minutes ago, pawpaws_ said:

Did you read the path notes:

Mods folder

Due to restrictions from Microsoft, FUTURE updates may change the location of the Mods folder.

These restrictions make it so that the Mods folder can longer be in the same installation folder as 7 Days to Die.

You can specify the location of the UserDataFolder in the game launcher. The Mods folder can then be placed in that folder.

Add the following to the command line:

Format:

-UserDataFolder=<YOUR_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>

Example:

-UserDataFolder=C:\MyUserData

The UserDataFolder can also be set in the serverconfig.xml file.

Format:

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="<YOUR_SERVER_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_SERVER_FOLDER_PATH><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>" />

Example:

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="C:\MyServer\Users\TFP\123456\MyDediSaves" />

If you read the notes, you would have noted A) why TFP have to make the changes to the default game folder location and B) you can specify the location of the mod folder.  So you can specify that the folder is located on your D (or whatever) drive.....

29 minutes ago, pawpaws_ said:

This is an old topic now. Yes the change is a little frustrating, but there have been a handful of workarounds for users who don't want/can't store large files on their C drive. Hell, there's a workaround even included in the latest patch notes that's extremely easy for users to do. As meganoth stated, it was a decision made due to circumstances out of TFP control. Let's move on.

Hey folks,

I've got a code red issue. My friends and I are now on 20.5 (b2). In the process of trying to get this to work, I've deleted my dedicated server files completely and installed fresh via the steam CMD using app_update 294420. I still get the same issue though, since this 20.5 update from TFP...

I can see the server in the list when I search for it, but I can't connect. When I select it, it says the game version is Unknown.

I don't know how to tell what version my dedicated server is,  and since I updated literally an hour ago to the latest, how is it not even known?!

I can't connect, which means I can't host, which is devastating. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Matt

3 minutes ago, Katrina Bekers said:

First attempt at running A20.5b2 fails with the drone-induced corrupted profile unable to start the game.

Is this new update merely fixing future issues with drones, or it also cleans up the already broken profiles?

If you already got a corrupted game prior to the update, the update won't fix it.

17 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

If you already got a corrupted game prior to the update, the update won't fix it.

...And this is extremely disappointing.

13 hours ago, meganoth said:

@ everyone: If you have problems post them in "General Support", and add a relevant logfile (there is a pinned thread explaining details). 

Well, already vastly posted in General Support. Bug acknowledged, investigated, fixed in exp, fixed in stable and fix released. So it's nothing even remotely new or deserving *further* data than the two-dozens-or-so of threads didn't already cover in detail.

But the damage the bug caused is not undone. Devs already know everything about that - including profile binary dumps in some cases! - but didn't provide a way to fix that damage. Pity.

Push the player against the wall by the 4x4 vehicle etc..... ,
the player can enter the wall inside and walk around the base.

This is very useful for robbing others base. 

Even without using auger or dynamite
Everyone can easily break into another's base

and can also use thisway to find underground bases.

PVP in this game is dead

is this be improved?