Are there any plans on making stealth actually stealth?

Yeah that is pretty bad. The volume needs to be extended vertically so that they spawn as you are coming up the stairs. This is the same problem as when you fall through a false floor and the zombies below don't spawn until you fall into the volume because it isn't extended vertically to include the room from where you fall. @Laz Man should see this one.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Yeah that is pretty bad. The volume needs to be extended vertically so that they spawn as you are coming up the stairs. This is the same problem as when you fall through a false floor and the zombies below don't spawn until you fall into the volume because it isn't extended vertically to include the room from where you fall. @Laz Man should see this one.

Thanks for the heads up guys.  There are some limitations to the distance sleeper spawns start spawning in so not sure if this particular setup can be fixed easily.  I will pass this observation along to the designer of this POI to review.

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Thanks for the heads up guys.  There are some limitations to the distance sleeper spawns start spawning in so not sure if this particular setup can be fixed easily.  I will pass this observation along to the designer of this POI to review.

One of the POI's I've encountered this personally is the Working Stiffs after you get to the top, and drop through the hole to navigate through the tiles and kill the Z's at the end only to be jumped by a janitor that wasn't there when I dropped down into the office to loot that last box.

1) Add craftable Teleport Module to the game; allows one-time teleportation to any spot within 10m, great for quick escapes or...ahem...showing up in unexpected places

2) Give all sleeper zombies a visible (expended/broken) Teleport Module (supplied by The Duke?)

Problem solved.

image.png.59371c8125c4dc71940ba8476ebea8e0.png

15 minutes ago, Boidster said:

1) Add craftable Teleport Module to the game; allows one-time teleportation to any spot within 10m, great for quick escapes or...ahem...showing up in unexpected places

2) Give all sleeper zombies a visible (expended/broken) Teleport Module (supplied by The Duke?)

Please don't even give them ideas like that

Bit late, but here’s my quick ramble regarding stealth and general zombie behavior.

Smell - Zombies should always detect you within X blocks by smell, no matter visibility, they shouldn’t be bumping into you ever, as is the case currently. They should even be able to smell you on the other side of the door! [z][door][player]

Sound - Certain sounds should always wake up and aggro zombies within range.

• Zombie dropping to the floor - (~3 blocks for sleeper)
  • Other sounds like alert/pain - (~10 blocks)
  • Doors (~1 block), blocks breaking(~3)

This will cause cascaded zombie aggroing, which can solve many of the artificial mechanics when the intent is to trigger multiple zombies at a time. And I guess if external sound shouldn’t bait them, sound can be limited to “room” for the ‘group’, until one is aggroed - the rationale would be they can’t hear as well as the door and windows are closed.

Stealth, crouch bonus or whatever we want to call it should be based on detection, not on the character’s ‘crouch’ status. The idea is that you can do extra damage as you have time to position/aim/prep to inflict a more lethal attack. I’ve been in situations where I couldn’t deliver bonus damage as in crouch LOS was not possible.

And don’t hate, but since physical actions against blocks make less noise in ‘stealth’, they should be slower, much slower, or at least do a lot less damage per attack. This comes back to balance where going in Stealth vs Full guns blazing should aim to balance time vs risk.

8 hours ago, John Black said:

This will cause cascaded zombie aggroing, which can solve many of the artificial mechanics when the intent is to trigger multiple zombies at a time.

For what it's worth, I would much prefer that to the current attack volume system ... it would mostly look the same, but maybe with adding some suitable delays it wouldn't be such a synchronized swimming event.

Then, I might try adding plenty of "free kill" zeds in places, a lot more random placement for them, so they don't look like they've been tactically placed.. then on top of that, add rooms with plenty of tactically placed ones in "natural" hiding spots - so you shoot the one or two "easy kills" and invoke the wrath of the trap by doing so.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:58 PM, theFlu said:

Darnit man, I smell a long test session in my near future... all of that sounds reasonable, but half of that makes me think "that's not exactly right" and that bit:

makes me think you're actively trying to get some zeds fed.. :)

Can confirm the first. I use the rock throwing method to move my night spawns around to where I want them. Sometimes for better snipe angle. Sometimes to lure them near a bear or wolf. Sometimes to a car so I can watch them beat on it till they blow themselves up. Sometimes to just watch them stumble around chasing my rocks. >:)