Questions about modifying custom maps

1) How do i add water zones on the map? If its possible, could i add water where buildings are or that will make the game crash or produce anomalies that could make it unplayable?

2) Is there a way to manually set the spawn point when starting a game for the first time?

For the record, i use Photoshop to modify the biome colors and roads.

For 2) spawnpoints.xml in the generated world folder

For 1) I don't really know, but I would strongly expect there to be massive issues sinking buildings and trying to play in the mess. (I shouldn't even type this, but I seem to recall there being a "sea level", a pre-determined elevation under which everything is water; you might give that a go, but I have no idea if that is still a thing, or ever was tbh..)

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

For 2) spawnpoints.xml in the generated world folder

For 1) I don't really know, but I would strongly expect there to be massive issues sinking buildings and trying to play in the mess. (I shouldn't even type this, but I seem to recall there being a "sea level", a pre-determined elevation under which everything is water; you might give that a go, but I have no idea if that is still a thing, or ever was tbh..)

There was a sea level option in KingGen though. But whether it was a feature of its own in the program of in relation to a file of the game itself, that i dunno.

My question referred to the ''color'' water areas could have, just like there'a a color for Forest/Snow/Desert/Wasteland biomes, you see what i mean? I've seen people customizing their maps in a way that they created islands, very large lakes and long rivers.

18 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

My question referred to the ''color'' water areas could have, just like there'a a color for Forest/Snow/Desert/Wasteland biomes, you see what i mean? I've seen people customizing their maps in a way that they created islands, very large lakes and long rivers.

That's why I brought up the sea level; I would assume that the water isn't a biome-color, just a height map feature. Any biome, just deep enough to get water. But, I'm guessing .. :)

• Like 1