Questions about modifying custom maps

Kyonshi

1) How do i add water zones on the map? If its possible, could i add water where buildings are or that will make the game crash or produce anomalies that could make it unplayable?

2) Is there a way to manually set the spawn point when starting a game for the first time?

For the record, i use Photoshop to modify the biome colors and roads.

For 2) spawnpoints.xml in the generated world folder

For 1) I don't really know, but I would strongly expect there to be massive issues sinking buildings and trying to play in the mess. (I shouldn't even type this, but I seem to recall there being a "sea level", a pre-determined elevation under which everything is water; you might give that a go, but I have no idea if that is still a thing, or ever was tbh..)

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

For 1) I don't really know, but I would strongly expect there to be massive issues sinking buildings and trying to play in the mess. (I shouldn't even type this, but I seem to recall there being a "sea level", a pre-determined elevation under which everything is water; you might give that a go, but I have no idea if that is still a thing, or ever was tbh..)

There was a sea level option in KingGen though. But whether it was a feature of its own in the program of in relation to a file of the game itself, that i dunno.

My question referred to the ''color'' water areas could have, just like there'a a color for Forest/Snow/Desert/Wasteland biomes, you see what i mean? I've seen people customizing their maps in a way that they created islands, very large lakes and long rivers.

18 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

My question referred to the ''color'' water areas could have, just like there'a a color for Forest/Snow/Desert/Wasteland biomes, you see what i mean? I've seen people customizing their maps in a way that they created islands, very large lakes and long rivers.

That's why I brought up the sea level; I would assume that the water isn't a biome-color, just a height map feature. Any biome, just deep enough to get water. But, I'm guessing .. :)

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 9:47 PM, theFlu said:

If I may ask what is the format for adding custom spawn points? I found something on steam talking about this before so I already have the coordinates that I want to use but I put them in the spawnpoints xml file and still ended up spawning somewhere else so I must have the format wrong.

11 minutes ago, LagunaFox said:

If I may ask what is the format for adding custom spawn points? I found something on steam talking about this before so I already have the coordinates that I want to use but I put them in the spawnpoints xml file and still ended up spawning somewhere else so I must have the format wrong.

See a previous post I made about it

3 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

See a previous post I made about it

Awesome, let me give that a try.

Edit - Worked like a charm thanks a lot! I was mostly just missing the spawnpoint bit, didn't realize that was needed since it was between the spawnpoint start and stop bits. Programming is just so picky lol. Again thank you very much.

Edited by LagunaFox (see edit history)