Feature or bug? Horde Night surprise

glenwing

I have played the game a lot over various alphas and came across something new during my most recent horde night. In the middle of the night for a few hours it suddenly became completely dark and I was unable to see 5 blocks down from the top of my wall even with torches up and a helmet flashlight mod on. Is this a new feature or just a random bug? It did add a bit of spice to our defence as we were unable to see the state of our walls or if they were broken through easily.

Some info - It was day 49 and me and my team mate are level 60 or so

55 minutes ago, glenwing said:

I have played the game a lot over various alphas and came across something new during my most recent horde night. In the middle of the night for a few hours it suddenly became completely dark and I was unable to see 5 blocks down from the top of my wall even with torches up and a helmet flashlight mod on. Is this a new feature or just a random bug? It did add a bit of spice to our defence as we were unable to see the state of our walls or if they were broken through easily.

Some info - It was day 49 and me and my team mate are level 60 or so

Hard to say - it can depends on your brightness. Maybe you should just change setting

25 minutes ago, Maharin said:

Machin Shin is the new boss mob.

O nice to see you maharin i was worried that i'm only survivor because forum today is a little bit like.. traders outpost in 7dtd.  I just watch in endelss void of topics looking for something new

34 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Hmmm, that means is time to play the game :).

OFC not!  Sports commentators talking about sport not playing right?

So now i stand here... looking for something! 

because of reasons!  so... all i ever wanted is skeleton... and newsstands....and skeletons in newsstands.... but there is nothing new about them... nothing....

So i'm watching, i'm waiting 

4 hours ago, LittleMonstersTV said:

Are you talking about something darker than the blood moon fog?

Its darker than the usual blood moon yeah,  typically visibility is rather good for us on blood moons. We had the same thing happen for a shorter period of time the following horde night. It does seem like it was a thick fog that rolled in this time, which i have not experienced before during a blood moon. 

9 hours ago, glenwing said:

Its darker than the usual blood moon yeah,  typically visibility is rather good for us on blood moons. We had the same thing happen for a shorter period of time the following horde night. It does seem like it was a thick fog that rolled in this time, which i have not experienced before during a blood moon. 

There have been patches to weather conditions in A20 and before. It seems Fataal is working on that at random intervalls. Those balancing changes often do not turn up in the changelog but get mentioned in the dev dairy.

What our group noticed are much more pronounced weather changes. One interesting condition is a thunderstorm, another is a thick fog that reduces visibility so much that you can't fly higher than the trees with a gyro in middle in the day if you still want to see the ground. It's a feature, not a bug 😉

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@meganoth We had that too. No weather change when it happened, can´t really tell if it was fog as it was in a corridor, it simply got really dark. It only appeared in hordenight and always from 2:00-3:30. Now on the new map going from 20.3 to 20.4 it doesn´t happen anymore so far.

Ok. Fog seemed a good explanation but if it always and only appears at horde night it must have been a bug

• 4 weeks later...

Just had this on a 20b52 game with an RWG map made on same. Gamestage 100+. Started at around 2:30 and continued until almost dawn. It also coincided with an absurd number of Feral Cop spawns that completely trashed my (almost entirely steel) base with puke and I couldn't see them to shoot them.

It's not just darker -- it actually suppresses light sources, any light source, from being visible from more than a few blocks away.

VERY MUCH NOT A FAN.