gamesparks

16 hours ago, Zombiewalker said:

Hi there,

Is there any way to launch darkness falls without gamesparks loading as well?

This is causing havoc with my lan game with my wife where it is extremely laggy.

Thanks 

Open the main game folder ( \Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die ) and launch the game via the launcher ( 7dLauncher.exe )

Uncheck the "Use Gamesparks" box (plus any other settings you want to change) then click the "Run and save as default" box

Edited by DirtyRat (see edit history)

I've done all this for vanilla but as per the instructions for darkness falls you have to run 7 days from the .exe not the launcher apparently.

This then causes gamesparks to load irrespective of the check marks from the launcher.

Thanks for your input though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, DirtyRat said:

Open the main game folder ( \Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die ) and launch the game via the launcher ( 7dLauncher.exe )

Uncheck the "Use Gamesparks" box (plus any other settings you want to change) then click the "Run and save as default" box

Contacted our server hosting support.

they just informed me that Gamesparks runs 100% for client and server and cannot be disabled.

So does that mean Opt Out is a lie?

This is what our server hosting customer support told us.

gamesparks.png

47 minutes ago, LordCorellon said:

Contacted our server hosting support.

they just informed me that Gamesparks runs 100% for client and server and cannot be disabled.

So does that mean Opt Out is a lie?

This is what our server hosting customer support told us.

gamesparks.png

All that the launcher does is add a parameter "-nogs" to the command line when it launches the exe (on windows it might be "/nogs" instead). You can do that as well.

If I start the client without that parameter I get lines in the logfile "[GSM] GameSparks Connected", if I add the parameter I get no such line.

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

All that the launcher does is add a parameter "-nogs" to the command line when it launches the exe (on windows it might be "/nogs" instead). You can do that as well.

If I start the client without that parameter I get lines in the logfile "[GSM] GameSparks Connected", if I add the parameter I get no such line.

And for our servers?

Have been told from our server guys that it runs all the time and that it cant be disabled

Edited by LordCorellon
addition (see edit history)

6 hours ago, LordCorellon said:

And for our servers?

Have been told from our server guys that it runs all the time and that it cant be disabled

The default server-script to launch the game accepts additional parameters as well. I tried it just now with

startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig.xml -nogs 

and I see the following lines in the logfile twice:

WRN [GSM] GameSparks Not Initialized...

Whether your server management software allows you to add parameters is on a different page. Maybe your server guys don't want to do special settings and tell you it can't be done.

There is a reason I switched from a game server provider to a bare metal server provider 😎