<rule char="J" replace_with="[KYX*]"/>

<rule char="K" replace_with="[F+F-F]"/>

<rule char="L" replace_with="[*F]"/>

<rule char="Y" replace_with="-FF[YX]*"/>

<rule char="X" replace_with="+FF[XY]*"/>

<alt_commands chars="J,K,L,Y,X"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

change the sizes in red dont you thats how it use to be done lol...

I am guessing the street gen level is the diff levels of the towns like hills etc...

<hub_rule name="ruralLarge">

<hub_type value="rural"/>

<width value="250, 300" />

<height value="250, 300" />

<path_material value="asphalt" />

<path_radius value="10" />

<prefab_rule name="default"/>

<street_gen level="15" length_multiplier="4">

<axiom value="[FF*L]+[FFJK]+[FF*L]+[FFJK]"/>

<rule char="J" replace_with="[KYX*]"/>

<rule char="K" replace_with="[F+F-F]"/>

<rule char="L" replace_with="[*F]"/>

<rule char="Y" replace_with="-FF[YX]*"/>

<rule char="X" replace_with="+FF[XY]*"/>

<alt_commands chars="J,K,L,Y,X"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

change the sizes in red dont you thats how it use to be done lol...

I am guessing the street gen level is the diff levels of the towns like hills etc...

Does not work anymore unfortunately, I spent about an hour editing the old/new settings in the RWGMixer. The normal methods of making towns larger no longer seem to do anything...OR at least I can't find the magical combo like I could before.

Just FYI for anyone who may be looking into it, Alpha 16 may not support larger towns yet with the new socket system.

ahoihoi Survivalists

ofc Iam working on the A16-Release of the COMPOPACK

Just was in work with the blocks and Hal's prefab-converter the last 3 days.

here is what i can say for sure:

good news:

-Thx to Hal we can keep ALL the prefabs from A15.

-Almost all blocks have been converted 1:1 (about 97%)

-Thx to Pille we have a new editor for making/modifying prefabs.

-There will be some kind of COMPOPACK soon.

bad news:

-The rotations of All Poleblocks didn't make it through the convertion-process.

All Pole-blocks are set to Rotation-Value=0 - this causes some strange lookings on some prefabs.

(i try to repair them later - when Pille's editor is ready and A16 is out officially)

-Maybe the custom-Hubs dont spawn anymore (maybe RIP TWDprison, Area51, Asiatown, IndustrialTownHub, The Slums, and many more)

-RIP Cities as we knew them !!!

currently iam working on the new rwgmixer.

Have to make many of Tests before i can say what is posible now.

My temporary goal is to add the xcostum...-prefabs to the speciffic prefabgroups

k - lets get back to work

Mag

ahoihoi Survivalists

good news:

bad news:

All Pole-blocks are set to Rotation-Value=0 - this causes some strange lookings on some prefabs.

(i try to repair them later - when Pille's editor is ready and A16 is out officially)

-Maybe the custom-Hubs dont spawn anymore (maybe RIP TWDprison, Area51, Asiatown, IndustrialTownHub, The Slums, and many more)

My temporary goal is to add the xcostum...-prefabs to the speciffic prefabgroups

Mag

You're tireless! Thanks for all you do!

ahoihoi Survivalists

good news:

bad news:

Mag

I could unlock the advanced block replacing tool in the next release of the editor. That would allow you to fix the rotations. Thanks for your effort Magoli. :)

Sleepers require one of the sleeper blocks to be in the prefab for it to have a spawn point. The sleeper volumes etc are defined in the xml.

I did some testing last night and my prefab insert command includes the sleepers, so you can insert a prefab anywhere and still have it work like normal :)

thx for the info Stompy

I noticed the new xml-entries - but didnt know that a spawningblock is needed.

It seems the sleepers have to be included manually nomatter if I work with Stompy's tool or Pille's editor.

btw:

I have added the whole old wilderness-spawning to the rwgmixer.

Also added most of the old town,rural and city-prefabs to the new town and CityspawningSystem.

Now iam about to update the prefabs xml's and then I try to get the costumHubs working.

A big drawback is that the custom-prefabs didn't have mesh-files. So after a didstance of about 200blocks they disappear.

I heard something that Hal is gonna show us how to create mesh-files for Custom-prefabs somewhen.

But for now - without meshfiles - ingame its not really good not to see if there is a prefab or not, just only in a radius of 200 blocks.

in other words: without having meshfiles its IMO better not to have custom-prefabs on map (The most important thing on prefabs is to see them - esp from far away to know how to go to).

i will bring out a version for A16 - but i think it surely will not deliver the quality of earlier Releases.

So stay tuned guys

Mag

*peeks in* *slides note under the door*

(from XML file)

Imposters / Distant POI

<property name="DistantPOIOverride" value="hotel_ostrich" />
If your custom-built prefab HAS no baked imposter you can choose to display any of the EXISTING .mesh files in the prefab folder.
It will obviously be the wrong building... but you can see that there is SOMETHING over yonder instead of nothing.

<property name="DistantPOIYOffset" value="0" />
Move the imposter up/down to deal with zfighting with the ground or the actual blocks.

*slips out*

*peeks in* *slides note under the door*

(from XML file)

Imposters / Distant POI

<property name="DistantPOIOverride" value="hotel_ostrich" />
If your custom-built prefab HAS no baked imposter you can choose to display any of the EXISTING .mesh files in the prefab folder.
It will obviously be the wrong building... but you can see that there is SOMETHING over yonder instead of nothing.

<property name="DistantPOIYOffset" value="0" />
Move the imposter up/down to deal with zfighting with the ground or the actual blocks.

*slips out*

ok - i also had that idea - its better than nothing - thx for the info

you should be able to create the meshes with the new Prefab command... I haven't got the exact details, but maybe try 'Prefab bulk' or maybe 'Prefab bulkmerge'

since there's no help docs for the command yet, here's the possible options for param0

"load", "save", "simplify", "simplify1", "merge", "mergebulk", "combine", "export", "import", "convert", "clear", "bulk"

Actually, looking through the code, it could be the export option. You'd have to load the prefab first maybe?

Try

Prefab load <name>

Prefab export

If none of that works i'll add a mesh generator to my api mod.

Edit:

One other bit, the game needs to be in Edit Mode... I'm not sure if that means creative, or the edit mode that Herrpohl unlocked for a15 (or was it 14)

But for now - without meshfiles - ingame its not really good not to see if there is a prefab or not, just only in a radius of 200 blocks.

in other words: without having meshfiles its IMO better not to have custom-prefabs on map (The most important thing on prefabs is to see them - esp from far away to know how to go to).

So stay tuned guys

Mag

Hey Mag,

The bbb codes will be out by this weekend and they have the mesh generation stuff in.

you should be able to create the meshes with the new Prefab command... I haven't got the exact details, but maybe try 'Prefab bulk' or maybe 'Prefab bulkmerge'

since there's no help docs for the command yet, here's the possible options for param0

"load", "save", "simplify", "simplify1", "merge", "mergebulk", "combine", "export", "import", "convert", "clear", "bulk"

Hey Stompy,

Yeah this is what the bbb codes use but the in-game version is restricted to Edit mode (the one Herrpohl unlocks) and needs a special world with a different chunk cache. The bbb version removes these restrictions but so far only works on a single prefab (the mergebulk command is broken atm for bbb)

thx for the Info Hal and Stompy

I tried to add a customHub - no success so far - just get Red Messages

(collection - null rev - Argument cannot be 0)

I saw the streets spawning - so it must be the way the mixer uses the code, because the prefabs do spawn solo.

in other words: IMO the customHub-code is not working anymore.

It also don't works with the CustomHubtest-code

Any idea's on that ???

If not RIP:

<cell_rule name="ColtTown"

<cell_rule name="AsiaHub"

<cell_rule name="SlumsHub"

<cell_rule name="ThemeParkHub"

<cell_rule name="TWD_PrisonHub"

<cell_rule name="NFLstadiumHub"

<cell_rule name="RaceTrackStadiumHub"

<cell_rule name="Lim_PrisonHub"

<cell_rule name="IndustrialHub"

<cell_rule name="BBallStadiumHub"

<cell_rule name="medic_Hub"

<cell_rule name="CustomTownHub"

Can't wait for a16 compo-pack. Honestly I dont know why they did that but rgmixer was much better in a15. I really dont like it now. If you try to add like the admin base its all block and weird. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20896[/ATTACH]

Maybe I misunderstand, but the towns are so much better in vanilla A16 than vanilla A15 - Id love to see the compo-pack just add in more prefabs and not change a thing.

Maybe I misunderstand, but the towns are so much better in vanilla A16 than vanilla A15 - Id love to see the compo-pack just add in more prefabs and not change a thing.

The town are interesting but I would love to have huge town like we use to at 0.0 whatever I'm doing it doesnt change anything, there is so many building not in the game anymore and they were very nice. For now all I see its a few new building which is very nice but thats all.

Can't wait for a16 compo-pack. Honestly I dont know why they did that but rgmixer was much better in a15. I really dont like it now. If you try to add like the admin base its all block and weird. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20896[/ATTACH]

wow - this looks bad - reminds me to old times - lol

have u tried Hal's Prefab-converter - it should convert almost all blocks to good.

The random-world almost look the same like in A15.

(except all old Townships aren't working anymore, also customHubs - and we have that new socketSystem that builds up New Cities and Towntypes)

IMO rural had become a part of the new CIty- and TownSystem. Rural is now some outer districts of the new named Towns and Cities.

Wilderness stayed the same like before.

This is what the next COMPOPACK will look like.

Just added about 150 Custom-Prefabs to the regular Vanilla-Spawning.

Even if i would - The features and the technical freedom for custom-rwg-worlds was minimized from Alpha to alpha.

Now iam on a point to just follow the vanilla-System-line, because nothing other is working.

wow - this looks bad - reminds me to old times - lol

have u tried Hal's Prefab-converter - it should convert almost all blocks to good.

The random-world almost look the same like in A15.

(except all old Townships aren't working anymore, also customHubs - and we have that new socketSystem that builds up New Cities and Towntypes)

IMO rural had become a part of the new CIty- and TownSystem. Rural is now some outer districts of the new named Towns and Cities.

Wilderness stayed the same like before.

I will try that and see if the building is better or just gonna wait for a new compo-pack which I love. Any Idea when its gonna be ready?

I will try that and see if the building is better or just gonna wait for a new compo-pack which I love. Any Idea when its gonna be ready?

Experimental A16-COMPOPACK-Release will be about weekend !!!

But the admin-base-prefab isn't a part of it

(All new Prefabs postet between A15-A16 are not included in the upcoming CP - it belongs to 5 posts)

Also I had to remove about 350 Prefabs from the Pack that belongs to:

-customHubs

-all Citymix and Citycombo- Prefabs

-all Cityblock- Prefabs

-almost all xvanilla- Prefabs

=a amount of 150 Prefabs remaining in A16 atm !!!

Archived