Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

ty is there a way to say without screwing it up as i am good at that it seems to make the towns pretty large and full with buildings like 400x900 but with every prefab in guild generated? vs say. way city/corn are set up i like but i dislike whole wasteland effect and trying for like a full forest/snow bio generated without the burning/plains/desert/waste. i still get it. maybe i was doing it wrong before but i removed them from biomes and putem in the no to list but still got them.

many people has tried the same (me included) - but the rwg-engine is really not working well atm.

@Guppy:

When there is any technical way I will take a try to get the COMPOPACK to A16

But the most essential thing is to have the editor working in A16.

And then i have to become familiar with the new rwgmixer-engine (4.0)

But first lets see what's the changes are and what i can do with it

Mag

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but on 3 new seeds now, every town has been spawning underwater or underground. uninstalled it and playing without. it's a great idea, if it worked for me :(

http://prntscr.com/etntad

http://prntscr.com/etntpl

http://prntscr.com/etnu4c

this is one of the many rwg-Issues we have to deal with atm

try different seednames - This Issue is not in all RanGen-maps

Hey guys.

Thank you for this awesome combo-pack! Sorry, if this question was answered before, but I could not read through the whole thread and didn't figure out how to perform a search on a single thread.

How can I check if the prefabs are correctly installed? I haven't played 7D2D for a while and I am not sure which of the buildings I've already found are vanilla or possibly from this combo-pack.

Any advice would be helpful and sorry again I didn't find an answer anywhere else.

No way to do that without simply knowing what buildings are vanilla and what are user made. You could go read the rwgmixer.xml file, find out which user made prefab is the most prevalent, and if you see it, then you know.

...but the install isn't rocket science, so likely you did it correctly.

Hey guys.

Thank you for this awesome combo-pack! Sorry, if this question was answered before, but I could not read through the whole thread and didn't figure out how to perform a search on a single thread.

How can I check if the prefabs are correctly installed? I haven't played 7D2D for a while and I am not sure which of the buildings I've already found are vanilla or possibly from this combo-pack.

Any advice would be helpful and sorry again I didn't find an answer anywhere else.

Here are screenshots of the most prefabs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an0qlbm9uv55fyt/Screenshots%202016-Sep-29.zip?dl=0

the Ones with prefix: xcustom_... are costum prefabs

the Ones with prefix: xvanilla_... are vanilla prefabs

thats the easiest way to find prefabs without knowing their names

Mag

• 3 weeks later...

So i wanted to try play this mod with starvation mod to have some new cool building for my survivors :D But i am still struggle with spawn of different POIs, can some one a bit help me or post his rwgmixer maybe ? When i 1st time start there where a 2 or 3 HUB so far from each other with is fine i guess but it takes sooo long to find proper city, there were only those small one 96x96 with 3-4 buildings (crossroads you know) and many "wild" POIs all around. So i want to tweak up this a bit, so i lower cell size from 1800->1500 and it works better, but there was sooo many those 96x96 crossroads which u dont want so i continued and now i am in phase where i have more small towns 200x200 i guess but now i am missing more HUBS :D now i have only one in the middle and thats all :D So my question is:

1) What to change to have more hubs -> want to try some cool like "AsiaHub, SlumsHub, ThemeParkHub, TWD_PrisonHub", what i have to do to have like one city from each ? or atleast 3-5 different one ? in my xml file is next to each one of them set prob=0 so it means that there will me now new hubs but only default one ?

2) What to change to have less crossroads city and more small or large cities?

Thx for any advice or response, i will be really glad for any advice :)

Edit: And ofc excuse me if i miss understod something :D

So i wanted to try play this mod with starvation mod to have some new cool building for my survivors :D But i am still struggle with spawn of different POIs, can some one a bit help me or post his rwgmixer maybe ? When i 1st time start there where a 2 or 3 HUB so far from each other with is fine i guess but it takes sooo long to find proper city, there were only those small one 96x96 with 3-4 buildings (crossroads you know) and many "wild" POIs all around. So i want to tweak up this a bit, so i lower cell size from 1800->1500 and it works better, but there was sooo many those 96x96 crossroads which u dont want so i continued and now i am in phase where i have more small towns 200x200 i guess but now i am missing more HUBS :D now i have only one in the middle and thats all :D So my question is:

1) What to change to have more hubs -> want to try some cool like "AsiaHub, SlumsHub, ThemeParkHub, TWD_PrisonHub", what i have to do to have like one city from each ? or atleast 3-5 different one ? in my xml file is next to each one of them set prob=0 so it means that there will me now new hubs but only default one ?

2) What to change to have less crossroads city and more small or large cities?

Thx for any advice or response, i will be really glad for any advice :)

Edit: And ofc excuse me if i miss understod something :D

1) Yes prob=0 on Costum-Hubs means they only spawn in their called cell and nowhere else. U can increase the prob up to value=20.

2) these crossroads are named "ruralSmall" in the RWGmixer.xml

U have to decrease the prob-value of them and increase the prob-value for "townSmall" and "townLarge" (or all the other Townships u want to see more often)

by saying "Cities" propably u mean "Towns" - Its a big difference between Township City and Town. Cities (CityHub) are consisting of those quadratic squares. Town are those with unsymetric roads and much less POI's insides

i hope that helped a bit

Mag

Been having trouble with the "Aliens Here" Corn patch. Null Ref errors on some of the tree stumps, as well as floating loot and an over abundance of trash piles and stumps. I also noticed some Air Blocks with a loot option, but nothing happened. I don't think time was kind to this Prefab.

1) Yes prob=0 on Costum-Hubs means they only spawn in their called cell and nowhere else. U can increase the prob up to value=20.

2) these crossroads are named "ruralSmall" in the RWGmixer.xml

U have to decrease the prob-value of them and increase the prob-value for "townSmall" and "townLarge" (or all the other Townships u want to see more often)

by saying "Cities" propably u mean "Towns" - Its a big difference between Township City and Town. Cities (CityHub) are consisting of those quadratic squares. Town are those with unsymetric roads and much less POI's insides

i hope that helped a bit

Mag

Yes, yes you helped me a lot :) Ty very much. I was a bit confused what to raise and what to lower. Town is exactly what i need. I finally found balance between ruralsmall, townsmall, townlarge and cities (Cityhub :D) One more time thx and keep it up in good work :)

Been having trouble with the "Aliens Here" Corn patch. Null Ref errors on some of the tree stumps, as well as floating loot and an over abundance of trash piles and stumps. I also noticed some Air Blocks with a loot option, but nothing happened. I don't think time was kind to this Prefab.

thx for the info - i will take a look at that (but there will be no CP-update for A15 builds).

I also dont know if iam able to continue the CP-work in A16. Many stuff around the blocks and the rwg-world will be different to now.

we will see...!

thx for the info - i will take a look at that (but there will be no CP-update for A15 builds).

I also dont know if iam able to continue the CP-work in A16. Many stuff around the blocks and the rwg-world will be different to now.

we will see...!

This prefab pack is amazing. I hope you can get it running on A16! Id hate to lose this permanently :(

Honestly I think losing all the current prefabs would be a good thing. A lot of the current prefabs in this pack are very old and were built long before a lot of the new loot containers and block shapes where in. I think it would be(and I intend to) great if the community prefabers would just start making new prefabs with the new block code and coloring system. I think prefabs built in A16 will look much better than anything you can update from A10.

Honestly I think losing all the current prefabs would be a good thing. A lot of the current prefabs in this pack are very old and were built long before a lot of the new loot containers and block shapes where in. I think it would be(and I intend to) great if the community prefabers would just start making new prefabs with the new block code and coloring system. I think prefabs built in A16 will look much better than anything you can update from A10.

seems like alot of work but i agree it is a good idea to start anew not impossible.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived