Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

So I came across Magoli's Resident Evil mansion on day one of my current game. Seriously creepy! Also very confusing to navigate through - I keep getting lost! Having never played the games nor seen the movies, it stands out well on its own as a very unsettling building. Nice work, Mag!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting the NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error. My world is pretty fresh and I'm nowhere near any of the new prefabs,at least to my knowledge. Is there any way of fixing the error or do I have to re-install the game and start a new world?

Same problem here, "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error"

I tried to reinstall / verify the game, but it's still giving me the above error whenever I try to start a new game

Does Compo Pack work for alpha 15.1 or only on alpha 15? Thanks in advance :)

Edit #2: I found from where the errors came, it wasn't this mod, it was a lot of bad XML edits that I made, sorry, thanks for an amazing mod!

A question.

Very few videos on YT showing this mod, but I watched someone play this mod and had to have it! I started a game using it with Valmod Expansion and came upon a small town. Upon coming into the town, I was cautious and cleared going in because it was day 1 ya know? Anyhow, there was a building a short distance from me(it wasn't a Vanilla building) and 3 Ferals came busting thru the walls and one of them made a line straight for me! If you're laughing, I understand, because I was WTF?

What I noticed is that looking at the map there are very few small towns like on vanilla, so is the idea to go on the outskirts of the hub?

Not complaining, just wanting an idea as to how to tackle this.

The buildings look great from what I saw on the video I watched on YT but unfortunately I do not speak Polish, so I could not understand the dialog from the gentleman playing.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning to make a fresh map on my DS this weekend using Valmod Expansion and Compopack. I'm thinking about inserting Tin's terrain_generators, biome_generators & biome_spawn_rules into Compopacks rwgmixer.xml. Anyone see any potential disasters from this combination? Basically, I hope to get more 'reasonable' terrain as compared to vanilla A15.1, in terms of less water and mountains mainly. Not sure if Compopack changes terrain generation much, and if so how. I'm just hoping to get some advice from anyone that may have done similar to what I am going to try and avoid some potential problems. Thx!

Were there any changes with 15.2 that will have an affect on the compopack? I was going to install it but have already updated to 15.2 since most mod publishers have updated their mods.

I havent checked it.

It seems there are no changes on the RWG-system

All should work like before in A15.1 !

@all: Is the client-bug already fixed ?? Its not clear to me:

"User login phase updated, including fixes for users of Steam’s family sharing as well as improved kick feedback"

(do clients need to have the modded-files on their harddiscs ?)

Mag

I havent checked it.

It seems there are no changes on the RWG-system

All should work like before in A15.1 !

Mag

I will give it a try when I get home tonight. If I encounter any issues I will let you know. I am guessing though that if you haven't had anyone on here about it yet there probably aren't any issues.

Should be fine. Take the compo Rwg and add/replace tins bottom section, done.

I just want to make sure I follow. I am wanting to do the same. Use Tin's rwgmixer and Magoli's compopack. I have both open in Notepad++. If I am following it right the top part of Magoli's is about the prefabs and placement rules. Then at the bottom I can see where it says <terrain_generators>. Is that the part I want to replace with all of what is in Tin's .xml?

Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely put tins into mags, not mags into tins. Easier.

Went with that. It looks like it is working. I checked the seed I want to try and it looks good. Went into game and so far so good. Thanks for the confirmation of what I was thinking. Now just have to make Tin's suggested adjust. I need a little more water on the map.

Went with that. It looks like it is working. I checked the seed I want to try and it looks good. Went into game and so far so good. Thanks for the confirmation of what I was thinking. Now just have to make Tin's suggested adjust. I need a little more water on the map.

let us see the result please

Perhaps i include the new Terrain in the next

@guppy: thx for the info - but god damn it TFP !!!!! This is a rude case of incompetence !!!

(3rd time update - but no change - I call this a modder-sabotage !!!

Mag

Very concerned that this mod is so popular yet appears to have MASSIVE performance issues. My friends and I load this up on our Dedicated server and we found 5-15 FPS in towns. Ripped this out, started a new world, and runs 50-70 fps in towns....

this is known and it used to say thusly on the front page., it also doesn't help 7D2D is nowhere near optimized to its best. until the game is done and optimized, expect this issue with any mod that makes massive changes and adds tons of different items.

also the plethera of lights in the prefabs added by this mod adds to the FPS issue.

this is known and it used to say thusly on the front page., it also doesn't help 7D2D is nowhere near optimized to its best. until the game is done and optimized, expect this issue with any mod that makes massive changes and adds tons of different items.

also the plethera of lights in the prefabs added by this mod adds to the FPS issue.

Sadly, when you talk about "nowhere near optimized" and start asking questions about the extremely slow progress on development you get attacked by trolls and fanboys right away.

Friends and I have been watching this game for years and it's sad that we love the concept but to go months on end with no real updates... only to see a few minor features added....

I'm running into this issue a lot using compo and its mixer: Uncontrolled water-Biomes destroys Landscape, Roads, Paths and whole Hubs

Any suggested work around? Would changing the water biome from the default <terrain_generator range="-31,-1"/> to something like -5 work well (I assume this has been extensively testing so I figure I'd ask before retesting the wheel so to speak.

Any input welcomed.

Edit: Looks like -2 worked well enough for the seed I'm using. A bit dry but there is always snow....

Question about changing the spawn settings in some of the poi.xml files in the compo pack. If the server is already running compo and its specific mixer, can you make edits on the fly (like changing small spawns to large at a poi)? I'm guessing in the mixer has already created the region it might not accept the change, but how about in regions that have not been visited yet? Would the change happen when the region spawned? Also, would the clients get the one time error when they received the updated .xml file for the changed poi?

Thanks.

U can change the rwgmixer.xml - also in a started world.

But written regions will not be changed. They are fixed at the moment a player reaches them.

But there is still a hint to clear and respawn any region u like - but its a bit tricky and complex

U could delete that regionfile that belongs to the specific area u wish to be removed.

(in savegamefolder C:\Users\Magoli\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\regions)

Then the game generates a new regionfile according to the actual saved rwgmixer.xml-contents and rules.

The changes have to happen before u visit the server again.

All old playerbases and POI's in that regions will be deleted and new landscape will generated !!!

• Roland locked this topic

Archived