Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I had a slight issue earlier not related to mags work, but when i uploaded valmod EX + mags Mixer I didn't select over write all... I selected over write if file size is different... needless to say some critical files to the mod weren't overwritten and I had a buncha errors. Perhaps a file hasn't been overwritten correctly.

ahoi hoi survivalists

thx to all who are helping to isolate that server/client/Hubdata-Issue.

And special super thx to Kinyajuu for looking after this !!

Now I got good feelings about the future of COMPOPACK again ;)

have a nice weekend

Mag

Not sure if this is just me, but i'm experiencing something strange.

I downloaded this combopack and followed the install instructions wich are in the readme file.

-i replace the (older version from the older combopacks i used back in the day) prefabs that are located in the 7 days to die prefabs folder with the ones that are in the packs prefab folder.

-i replaced the rwgmixer.xml in the 7 days to die config folder with the one in the packs config folder.

Now here is the strange part whenever i start a new Random Gen i am greeted with alot of red errors in the consol wich stops the world from loading, i have to press ALT+F4 to get out. once i load the same world again i donot recieve any errors ,but then....

I spawn into the world and i take a good look around in flying mode (yes cheating to check my surroundings) and then i notice something weird. The biomes are quiet stretched out and there is like not even a single building to be spotted, when i do find a road and follow that road, i only bump into 1 house every 1-2 minutes, and if im lucky i can find a small village with 1 building on each square... It has bin like this since Alpha 14

Is this supposed to be like this? is this an issue on my side? or Is anyone else experiencing this?

Not sure if this is just me, but i'm experiencing something strange.

I downloaded this combopack and followed the install instructions wich are in the readme file.

-i replace the (older version from the older combopacks i used back in the day) prefabs that are located in the 7 days to die prefabs folder with the ones that are in the packs prefab folder.

-i replaced the rwgmixer.xml in the 7 days to die config folder with the one in the packs config folder.

Now here is the strange part whenever i start a new Random Gen i am greeted with alot of red errors in the consol wich stops the world from loading, i have to press ALT+F4 to get out. once i load the same world again i donot recieve any errors ,but then....

I spawn into the world and i take a good look around in flying mode (yes cheating to check my surroundings) and then i notice something weird. The biomes are quiet stretched out and there is like not even a single building to be spotted, when i do find a road and follow that road, i only bump into 1 house every 1-2 minutes, and if im lucky i can find a small village with 1 building on each square... It has bin like this since Alpha 14

Is this supposed to be like this? is this an issue on my side? or Is anyone else experiencing this?

It seems u missed something. I recommend to deinstall 7d - delete all the stayed files manully from harddisk - and Install game new - then run Vanilla-game at least one time

- then copy the CP-files - run game and everything should work !!!

the towns are filled bad - i know - but its not my fault - it seems to be hardcoded

Mag

It seems u missed something. I recommend to deinstall 7d - delete all the stayed files manully from harddisk - and Install game new - then run Vanilla-game at least one time

- then copy the CP-files - run game and everything should work !!!

the towns are filled bad - i know - but its not my fault - it seems to be hardcoded

Mag

So...i am noticing more buildings popping up here and there...but i'm still not satisfied by the amount of space inbetween POI's , its not like back in Alpha 12 where POI's were close to eachother. I think i might be one of the few people who dislikes the current random gen system....Anyways i would love to see the good old random gen once again

Alpha 12: you are walking on a road and suddenly there is a dirt road wich leads to a house and from that house there is another dirt road wich leads to something else, etc.

Alpha 14-15: You are walking on a road for 3 minutes and then theres is a small dirt road wich leads to one house, nothing more...back to the road

I'm seeing this when starting the world for the 1st time

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/253716559970988285/0F6FB4AD1063CE2D997EFDFE2C6B9EABBE0CECC8/

and this in the ditor but this does not appear in the world

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/253716559970987979/6EF7AC9E05BDE1C797A8BDD3B548574A74D4C279/

as you can see in that screenshot, the POI's are close to eachother and dirt roads (yellow roads) lead to multiple locations and not just one...something strange is happening here :D

So...i am noticing more buildings popping up here and there...but i'm still not satisfied by the amount of space inbetween POI's , its not like back in Alpha 12 where POI's were close to eachother. I think i might be one of the few people who dislikes the current random gen system....Anyways i would love to see the good old random gen once again

Alpha 12: you are walking on a road and suddenly there is a dirt road wich leads to a house and from that house there is another dirt road wich leads to something else, etc.

Alpha 14-15: You are walking on a road for 3 minutes and then theres is a small dirt road wich leads to one house, nothing more...back to the road

I'm seeing this when starting the world for the 1st time

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/253716559970988285/0F6FB4AD1063CE2D997EFDFE2C6B9EABBE0CECC8/

and this in the ditor but this does not appear in the world

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/253716559970987979/6EF7AC9E05BDE1C797A8BDD3B548574A74D4C279/

as you can see in that screenshot, the POI's are close to eachother and dirt roads (yellow roads) lead to multiple locations and not just one...something strange is happening here :D

If you want to have more prefabs in the wilderness, you open your rwgmixer.xml. There you search for the following lines:

<wilderness_rules>
	<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="[b][color="#FFFF00"]9,11[/color][/b]">  <!-- minimun and maximun wildernessPOI's -->

Change the two numbers marked in yellow to a higher value. I tried 12,18 on my test server and found lots of prefabs spread in the wilderness.

If you want to have more prefabs in the wilderness, you open your rwgmixer.xml. There you search for the following lines:
	<wilderness_rules>
	<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="[b][color="#FFFF00"]9,11[/color][/b]">  <!-- minimun and maximun wildernessPOI's -->

Change the two numbers marked in yellow to a higher value. I tried 12,18 on my test server and found lots of prefabs spread in the wilderness.

nope still not changing anything, i will make a video and i will post a link to it aswell, just so you can see what the excact thing is that is bothering me, but for now take care...

edit: link to the video of the random gen:

nope still not changing anything, i will make a video and i will post a link to it aswell, just so you can see what the excact thing is that is bothering me, but for now take care...

edit: link to the video of the random gen:

thx for the video - i just watched it.

like puschpa said: If u want more wilderness-POI's just change the numbers for min and max amount (vanilla has 15,20)

the road-crossings with the 4 Prefabs are "RuralHub01". Its a Township-like Custom structure with max 4 random-prefabs.

It spawns more times than say Townsmall, TownLarge or wastytowns.

Dont forget to Restart the whole game when u did a change to the rwgmixer.xml !!!

Changes will only be detected on loading mainmenu.

The position and direction of the streets: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

paths go through seas: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

Towns have to less Prefabs: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

If u want a world filled with prefabs u just have to modify the cellrules.

This is the control-center. It sets what where and how often the Hubs are called for worldgenerating.

I also liked the basic-structure of the A10-rwg-worlds. (A11 began to have unfilled towns!)

My goal is to have the world look like A10-style again (kinda)

But dont await miricles from A15-rwg !!! It still depents on the Issued rwgmixer 3.0 !!!

I personally can't wait to get the biggest problem atm solved:

The "server/client/Hubdata"-Bug.

I hope it will be fixed in the very next update.

have funz

Mag

thx for the video - i just watched it.

like puschpa said: If u want more wilderness-POI's just change the numbers for min and max amount (vanilla has 15,20)

the road-crossings with the 4 Prefabs are "RuralHub01". Its a Township-like Custom structure with max 4 random-prefabs.

It spawns more times than say Townsmall, TownLarge or wastytowns.

Dont forget to Restart the whole game when u did a change to the rwgmixer.xml !!!

Changes will only be detected on loading mainmenu.

The position and direction of the streets: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

paths go through seas: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

Towns have to less Prefabs: I know! - ugly! - but not my fault. Cant modify that atm !!

If u want a world filled with prefabs u just have to modify the cellrules.

This is the control-center. It sets what where and how often the Hubs are called for worldgenerating.

I also liked the basic-structure of the A10-rwg-worlds. (A11 began to have unfilled towns!)

My goal is to have the world look like A10-style again (kinda)

But dont await miricles from A15-rwg !!! It still depents on the Issued rwgmixer 3.0 !!!

I personally can't wait to get the biggest problem atm solved:

The "server/client/Hubdata"-Bug.

I hope it will be fixed in the very next update.

have funz

Mag

Hmm...thanks alot for telling me this, i'm glad its not just me who is having this...

and yes, lets hope that bug gets fixed ASAP.

i'll take a look on how to edit the cells and stuff to my prefered style, thanks again for telling me this.

-Jason

Can i edit the mixer, to make is so some zones spawn small than others? i hat burnt biome lol

I havent worked with the biome-generator yet.

All I know is u can't deactivate waterbiome (its hardcoded somehow)

Its a fiddling around with the numbers in the biomegenerators-part in the mixer!

try and error to figure out how these numbers work in world.

good luck

Mag

Magoli I had asked about this a while ago and wanted to see your opinion.

The prefab pack is great and IMO an absolute MUST for a server. The issue I find is that many of the prefabs can be very overpowered as in having 8+ store crates, made of steel, etc.

I'd love a way to be able to filter out some of the OP prefabs when we want to play on a hard server and right now you have to go thru 1 prefab at a time and explore them to make your own list.

I know each persons opinion on what is overpowered is subjective but some sort of system that we could use to rank POI's would be incredible. I know i'd be willing to go thru and help rank em and i'm sure others would as well.

Magoli I had asked about this a while ago and wanted to see your opinion.

The prefab pack is great and IMO an absolute MUST for a server. The issue I find is that many of the prefabs can be very overpowered as in having 8+ store crates, made of steel, etc.

I'd love a way to be able to filter out some of the OP prefabs when we want to play on a hard server and right now you have to go thru 1 prefab at a time and explore them to make your own list.

I know each persons opinion on what is overpowered is subjective but some sort of system that we could use to rank POI's would be incredible. I know i'd be willing to go thru and help rank em and i'm sure others would as well.

You can remove prefabs yourself. You dont like it its not hard to remove. Mags goes thru all prefabs. It also depends on the size of the poi. The bigger it is the more loot allowed and each prefabber makes the poi to how they design it. And the steel ones are made of steel for the prefabbers reasons. Nothing wrong with steel pois. Bit lazy to attempt to destroy it or attempt to get in it lol :-P

Myself not worried bout the amount of loot. Alot of the containers used are the empty ones that players use as storage. But depending on poi and what the prefabber was trying to do no issues. Also sometimes to get the look they are after they sometimes have to use certain things ti get the look. And well the cp been around for like what 4 5 alphas.

But simply mags has answered your questions in the posts and really in the end what you like and dont like is different to others.

Everyone else simply removes something they dont like personally. But mags does go thru each prefab also each alpha to fix the blocks etc up. But he doesnt touch how a prefabber has made it as he knows most times its for the look and how it was intended to get the look they were after. Ie: a gunstore is full of ammo and weapons .go into a store now and see. To you it maybe decades after the apoc. To others it just started.

Its not hard to edit it to your own liking. Prefabbers wont get offended. I kinda do get pinged when someone expects or thinks a poi is op and wants it changed so everyone has to accept it. Do it yourself and enjoy

You can remove prefabs yourself. You dont like it its not hard to remove. Mags goes thru all prefabs. It also depends on the size of the poi. The bigger it is the more loot allowed and each prefabber makes the poi to how they design it. And the steel ones are made of steel for the prefabbers reasons. Nothing wrong with steel pois. Bit lazy to attempt to destroy it or attempt to get in it lol :-P

Myself not worried bout the amount of loot. Alot of the containers used are the empty ones that players use as storage. But depending on poi and what the prefabber was trying to do no issues. Also sometimes to get the look they are after they sometimes have to use certain things ti get the look. And well the cp been around for like what 4 5 alphas.

But simply mags has answered your questions in the posts and really in the end what you like and dont like is different to others.

Everyone else simply removes something they dont like personally. But mags does go thru each prefab also each alpha to fix the blocks etc up. But he doesnt touch how a prefabber has made it as he knows most times its for the look and how it was intended to get the look they were after. Ie: a gunstore is full of ammo and weapons .go into a store now and see. To you it maybe decades after the apoc. To others it just started.

Its not hard to edit it to your own liking. Prefabbers wont get offended. I kinda do get pinged when someone expects or thinks a poi is op and wants it changed so everyone has to accept it. Do it yourself and enjoy

I never suggested changing a POI, merely adding some sort of tag to the name or in a file somewhere to make it easier for people to identify POI's that are generally regarded as being over powered in terms of loot or defense.

I never suggested changing a POI, merely adding some sort of tag to the name or in a file somewhere to make it easier for people to identify POI's that are generally regarded as being over powered in terms of loot or defense.

Sorry if that came across rude a mix of tiredness. Pain and morphine.

Apart from loot being random and sometimes you get absolutely nothing from the loot container other times you can get a fair bit but mags does enough work with this as it is. Like i said if you come across a poi that to you you think is OP there are a few simple things you can do.

1. Open up hals editor which you can then use the option to see which blocks *inc loot containers* that the poi uses and you can then once you see it has more loot then you like you can go thru the poi and remove. If poi has good amount to your liking then simply move to next one. Etc etc

2. Play thru and write down or screenshot pois that are op and remove from mixer.

This might help

Compo23 Prefabs

Not the latest version but I dont think too many prefabs changed in 24 so should give you a fairly good idea.

Just open each prefab you want to investigate and have a look at the blocks list. cnt blocks are the loot contaners so those are the main ones you will want to see.

Valmod and the pack

I am trying to use the combo pack with Valmod. I tried using the rwgmixer file from the pack and it gave me a Null reference exception. I tried modifying the file and it did the same. Can someone help me out with this? First time I have tried this. Or just tell me where I can get a working rwgmixer for the two mods.

Here are the errors I am getting from the output log(I am guessing there is something missing as they all say filename unknown):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RWG2.HubGenerators.HGCity.MC (BlockValue ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.HubGenerators.HGCity.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.HubCell.GenerateDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.PCRWGDataLoader.CreateHubCell (Vector2i gridPosition, RWGDataInfo rwgInfo, Boolean pregenCall) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.BaseRWGDataLoader.LoadHubCell (Vector2i gridPosition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGCore.GetBiomeCellByGridPos (Vector2i gridPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGCore.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGTerrainGenerator.GetDistTerrainHeight (Int32 worldX, Int32 worldZ, RWG2.HubCell _hubCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGBiomeGenerator.GetPostTrimHeightAt (Single x, Single z, RWG2.HubCell _hubCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGBiomeGenerator.GetFinalWorldHeightAt (Single x, Single z) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SurfaceCreator.CreateGrid (Int32 wSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.BYU () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.GeneratePreview (Int32 _worldSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.GenerateMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.XTU (.XUiController , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_TextInput.OnSubmit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventDelegate.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventDelegate.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.Submit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks,

Lokii

I am trying to use the combo pack with Valmod. I tried using the rwgmixer file from the pack and it gave me a Null reference exception. I tried modifying the file and it did the same. Can someone help me out with this? First time I have tried this. Or just tell me where I can get a working rwgmixer for the two mods.

Here are the errors I am getting from the output log(I am guessing there is something missing as they all say filename unknown):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RWG2.HubGenerators.HGCity.MC (BlockValue ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.HubGenerators.HGCity.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.HubCell.GenerateDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.PCRWGDataLoader.CreateHubCell (Vector2i gridPosition, RWGDataInfo rwgInfo, Boolean pregenCall) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.BaseRWGDataLoader.LoadHubCell (Vector2i gridPosition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGCore.GetBiomeCellByGridPos (Vector2i gridPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGCore.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGTerrainGenerator.GetDistTerrainHeight (Int32 worldX, Int32 worldZ, RWG2.HubCell _hubCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGBiomeGenerator.GetPostTrimHeightAt (Single x, Single z, RWG2.HubCell _hubCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RWG2.RWGBiomeGenerator.GetFinalWorldHeightAt (Single x, Single z) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SurfaceCreator.CreateGrid (Int32 wSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.BYU () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.GeneratePreview (Int32 _worldSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.GenerateMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorldGenerationPreviewWindow.XTU (.XUiController , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_TextInput.OnSubmit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventDelegate.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventDelegate.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.Submit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIInput.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks,

Lokii

I got it working. Just deleted the rwgmixer one more time.

Other question. You have to change the probablility of the hubs in the Cell rules to get the custom hubs? Whats a reasonable setting? I dont want too many, but I want to see them.

I got it working. Just deleted the rwgmixer one more time.

Other question. You have to change the probablility of the hubs in the Cell rules to get the custom hubs? Whats a reasonable setting? I dont want too many, but I want to see them.

No - it works different:

Every customHub that is in Cellrules must spawn (else something went wrong with the worldgenerator)

the probs in the lines control how many times it may spawn in Addiction to the One with Cellcoordinates.

for the Loot-guys:

I had a Classification-system in earlier times.

But the game-progress had many changes in blocks,prefabs,namings,textures, etc.

So I hadn't the time to keep it updated and also keep care of the COMPOPACK.

It was a good formula to see which prefab have how much loot. But pretty much work !!!

tbh: I dont want to activate and update the Loot-amount-score-system again atm. But after Alphastate maybe.

Hi Magoli,

Thanks for the combo pack. Its amazing. One thing I wanted to give feedback in the random world is that the rocket launcher pad seems to be missing part of the building when it spawns. It seems to miss the wall and garage door, likrl it is cut off unintentionally. Also LOVe TWD prision inclusion, amazing.

Have you also seen this prefab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8BgxAnQGQ. Hopefully it could make next combo pack.

Also just wondered what you thought of the sewer system of BraizD

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41063-New-Prefabs

I was wondering why it hasnt been included in the combo pack with the wsubway stations? It is really a great addition to underground exploring... If you aren't going to add it in, could you please advise what the code would be to add it in as a complete syste as I am not sure how to do this wiht prefabs at all.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards David .

Hi Magoli,

Thanks for the combo pack. Its amazing. One thing I wanted to give feedback in the random world is that the rocket launcher pad seems to be missing part of the building when it spawns. It seems to miss the wall and garage door, likrl it is cut off unintentionally. Also LOVe TWD prision inclusion, amazing.

Have you also seen this prefab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8BgxAnQGQ. Hopefully it could make next combo pack.

I was wondering why it hasnt been included in the combo pack with the wsubway stations? It is really a great addition to underground exploring... If you aren't going to add it in, could you please advise what the code would be to add it in as a complete syste as I am not sure how to do this wiht prefabs at all.

Regards David .

See MAGS response below lol

Hi Magoli,

Regards David .

Yes I like Sewers from BraizD - but its more complicated then it seems (read more below)

Who has made the Mental Hospital ?? Its nice. Maybe a little bit to much Loot. It has got also some nuances of a adminbase ;)

And I noticed the basement-entrence. Its difficult (not impossible!) to intergrate such Ones in a random world.

However - If I get the tts-files I will add it to CP (perhaps with some few Changes) with Creators permission.

topic Sewer-Sytems:

Many people didnt noticed that, but since the world has lost many of the Layers below walking-ground its not sure fire to have deep prefabs spawning. If there are not enough Layers available below the prefab it is simply not spawning!

fact is:

In earlier alphas we had about 70 Layers below the deepest walkable point.

Deepness was no Question (We wanted to build the HIVE from RE - LOL)

Now it could be not more than 12 in worstcase-scenario (And this is happening more times I can accept).

tbh IMO its kinda senseless to add any Sewers atm. I have tried it in A14. Result was to have some Sewer-CityBlock-pieces was spawning in City. Some particially dont !!! It looked aweful and subway-pieces where not connected to each other.

And it decreased the fps by about 8 fps constantly (Below a playable level !!!)

Dont get me wrong:

I loved the Sewer-Systems as they worked perfectly, but I see atm more contra's as pro's on that.

If u want to try it urself just exchange the names in the CityBlock-prefab-section in CP-rwgmixer with Slaan's SewerCityblocksnames.

Slaan's Sewers are still in the Pack. But deactivated atm.

When U get positive spawning-results pls Report it to me here.

topic ´parts of Prefabs dont spawning` :

All the Prefabs are working 100%

Its the world-generator that screwesup the Spawnings sometimes. Idk why? (Maybe bug in code. Maybe to less memory or time for the Placedown-Operation).

However - Sadly Iam not able to change that specific problem.

hope this few Info's helped to understand the matters on my Decisions.

Mag

Thanks Stallionsden,

Wow, really.. God I really need to spend a night going through all the prefabs and checking ...

Can I ask if anyone knows what happened to all these prefabs on the link below .. The Rocky Mountains etc? Were most kept or are they too old for current version to work?

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12750-Navezgane-POI-Expansion-Pack/page4

• Roland locked this topic

Archived