Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Not really. Its fairly simple to install prefab folder into game folder. But yeh server owners will have to distribute the prefab folder to its players.

Oh it's not the difficulty of installing the pack but it's more to do with an effort of doing it since most people will freak out when they are greeted with red console errors and never come back

I can only imagine people will just stick with vanilla servers since they don't have to go extra yards just to be able to play in one or two custom ones

I don't know what is the reason for the change

Edited by vosszaa (see edit history)

Oh it's not the difficulty of installing the pack but it's more to do with an effort of doing it since most people will freak out when they are greeted with red console errors and never come back

I can only imagine people will just stick with vanilla servers since they don't have to go extra yards just to be able to play in one or two custom ones

I don't know what is the reason for the change

Yeh people cant read or to lazy to read this server needs this and that installed lol. But yeh b104 prefab folder was being pushed now its not

One word for the lazy.

Launcher

That is all

- - - Updated - - -

Read somewhere the new a15 requires prefabs installed on the clients again, can't check, is that true?

And that is what happens when you are told your error reports will be ignored.

I knew this the second b104 was released but i knew id be ignored if i reported it since "MODS"

- - - Updated - - -

hey survivalists

Tommorrow I will Release COMPOPACK24

I brought the Wastycity, Wastytown and CoronadoCity back.

Just have to finetune the probs to let it look like ok.

And I have to increase the traders-durability.

I want them to appear in rurals and the Commoncity too.

stay tuned

Mag

I wonder how mad my players will be if we wait til then LOL. I was going to go forward tonight with 23, but i think waiting may be in our best interests.

So do you just tell them to come to this thread and install compopack if they want to play? Or do you have another way of telling them?

I have my own section on sphereiis launcher he made, so they install that and anything i change or add gets automatically downloaded to them. no muss no fuss

Confused Stallionsden

so in 14 hours you sat there and waited for a new cp lol. Did you ever maybe ummmmm IDK try cp-23 if it works on a15 stable lol.. I will go ahead here and say yes since i am playing a15 stable with cp23 with no errors.

I put the files where they belong. Updated the serverconfig to a new seed. Turned the server off then on. I go to load into the game and I receive the error messages saying can't locate file in my 7d2d folder. What are we doing wrong. I know I am not the only one, but you sound as if you are running it flawlessly.

Any help would be great. Anyone can add me on steam @ CRYPT0N1X

Thanks in advance. Happy Hunting

I put the files where they belong. Updated the serverconfig to a new seed. Turned the server off then on. I go to load into the game and I receive the error messages saying can't locate file in my 7d2d folder. What are we doing wrong. I know I am not the only one, but you sound as if you are running it flawlessly.

Any help would be great. Anyone can add me on steam @ CRYPT0N1X

Thanks in advance. Happy Hunting

Did you move prefab folder into your game data folder and overwrite....

If you did thats why you have errors. You need to open compo pack prefab folder select all copy.

Then ipen game prefab folder and paste cp prefabs into game prefab folder. The compo pack has only the pois it is adding to the game and not the vanilla pois.

Btw did you also use the cp rwgmixer i take it

can someone confirm that ?

If its true ==> very very bad !!!

however - CP24 - Release is soon !!!

Yep Mag, sadly the bug from b94 is back, the game will search for the custom prefabs in the players local folders regarding the error messages. I tested it several hours on my test server yesterday.

can someone confirm that ?

If its true ==> very very bad !!!

however - CP24 - Release is soon !!!

It is true Mag, but some server owners give the pack to its members so we can play just fine. we are ♥♥♥♥ing around on a vanilla server waiting on your wonderful pack sir. i MAY stay up tonight just to get it i nstalled if its soon-ish lol

UPDATE-TIME !!!

COMPOPACK_24(for_alpha15stable-b105) is out now !!!

hey guys - CP24 is out, but the nasty MP-client/server-bug reduces the pleasure drasticly !!!

There are only 2 possible ways to discribe what is happend there:

1. It was a kind of mistake and will be good in next game-update

2. It was a planned hit against modders (perhaps TFP sees my CP as a kind of Challenger - LOLZ)

However - I need to have a direct line to Kinyajuu !!!

Can anyone establish that please ???

to get the current COMPOPACK go to the OpeningPost

here are the CP24-Changelog:

changelog CP24

- added the rest of the newest Vanilla-Prefabs to RWGspawning

- added wastytowns again to rwgsspawn

- added coronadoCity again to rwgsspawn

- added wastycity again to rwgsspawn

- changed grass to terrainfiller in "xcostum_ZHigh(by_Volar)"

- reworked lighting in "xcostum_simpsonshouse(by_magoli)"

- fixed long southern street in AsiaHub

- changed: The big CommonCity now only appears in the CenterCell. Nowhere else !!!

- changed: CenterCellCity is now always a CommonCity

- made slight balancing to wilderness-spawn

- increased chance of getting more traders in wilderness (every 20th POI should be a trader now)

Fazit:

the RWG-world-structure is the same like A11-A14 !!! Nothing has changed on the engine. All the old Issues are still here.

The terrainGenerator and BiomeGenerator is difficultly to use and can generate very strange unnormal Worlds.

Waterbiome can not be modified(hardcoded). Traders can't appear in Towns,Cities or Rurals(hardcoded).

Towns still looking unfinished and unfilled. Normal Rurals are deactivated(hardcoded).

CustomRurals are bugy (SW-POI has always Placement- and RotationIssues).

Paths and streets go curvy unnatural ways.

Most dissapointing is that clients have to have the custom-Prefabs on their local PC's as well (90% of the people can't join those servers - newbies will be scared from RedMessages and never come back)

Mag

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SERVERPLAY:

Every client who wants to join the world have to have the CP-Prefabs on their local PC's !!!

(Else they will get tons of RedMessages when joining the game)

This only happens once for those logging into the server for the first time. After they log out and back in it goes away and doesn't show up again. :)

Also alot of people are not able to join because of the UNET they need to go into the launcher and disable it and enable (EAC) Easy Anti Cheat instead.

Edited by Faedom (see edit history)

Is guppy drunk lol :-P. . How does zeee know tho lol

He has the Kinyajuu signal installed.

Can someone get me a log message from the client so i can easily pinpoint where this rogue prefab load is happening?

*poof*

Edited by Kinyajuu
I typed *poop* by accident the first time but yeah, ninjas don't enter or exit a room by doing that. (see edit history)

Weird, the client should never have to make hub cells on their end. They download them from the server. is the world size modified on that server at all?

Not on my build at all. You can also look at Mag's download for the exact mixer that many people use.

thanks for looking into this.

Also note, as someone else said. The first time the client connects they get spammed with those errors (I have to alt-F4 to get out), but on next connection none of those errors occur and appear to be working as intended.

Not on my build at all. You can also look at Mag's download for the exact mixer that many people use.

thanks for looking into this.

Also note, as someone else said. The first time the client connects they get spammed with those errors (I have to alt-F4 to get out), but on next connection none of those errors occur and appear to be working as intended.

Yeh my son joined mine and got the errors to. But i ended up putting the prefab folder onto his game anyway but only the prefab folder.

• Roland locked this topic