Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Based on similar programs for Skyrim I know what he is talking about, generally.

basically, what it would do, is when someone installs your mods, it could give them options to pick from.

Pack A] Full version

Pack B] Performance version with larger prefabs removed

Pack C] Full immersive/realistic only version

Pack D] Performance immersive/realistic only version

etc.

That or simply have a 'core' part everyone installs, and then you pick which additions you want, like the high performance, or the unrealistic/unimmersive ones.

That's exactly what i had in mind. It's pretty easy to do with a simple installer, and if the prefabs have tags in their names (like P=Performance, I=Immersive, etc), that would be easy to sort out all the prefabs, and make different options for the players.

When i say performances, it's only by excluding the prefabs with almost all the lights on, or with too much spawns inside.

Sorry if you understood something else, but for the moment i don't touch the game's files except the xml. I let TFP doing their job.

I appriciate that. Thats my basic point too.

And yes - i thought you can tweak gfx-performance. Misunderstood!

@all:

As i said:

Point 1 (Prefabs-Componist-Tool)

What u want is in work. The Componisttool will make the prefabs.xml of your own choice.

U will be able to activate or deactived every prefab u like (for RWG of course) and then let the tool safe your new prefabs.xml.

Soon i will contine with the coding of the editor-mode. Perhaps weekend.

Point 2 (Repairing of the Prefabs)

And i have to check all Costumprefabs - if there are to much lightsources (candles and torches make problems too !!!)

And overdo the amount of Lootcontainers again.

I hope this 2 points help us a bit further - to get the spawningmix EVERYBODY wants to.

And let the fps not decrease so much.

(Everything higher then 25fps - and iam happy !)

Iam sure when I've done this - A12 is already realeased. If there will be blockchanges, i have to check and repair

about 110 costumprefab anyhow. One new Block will added in A12 for sure: its a woodtable.

Mag out

Two questions about prefabs.

I've started a new game with my friend yesteday. Today I added this new V5 Pack, but we haven't played yet.

1. Will this affect our game? I mean do we need to restart?

2. Do I need to send that new prefabs folder to my friend?

P.S. We are playing MP on my side.

Two questions about prefabs.

I've started a new game with my friend yesteday. Today I added this new V5 Pack, but we haven't played yet.

1. Will this affect our game? I mean do we need to restart?

2. Do I need to send that new prefabs folder to my friend?

P.S. We are playing MP on my side.

to 1:

If you want the regions to spawn again new with the new Mix of pre4fabs u have to clear them

IMO it is not nessecary to start a complete new map (game)

Regions which bin already written - dont spawn new prefabs in it !!! They stay like they are - if u don't clear them !!!

to2:

No - the pack has only to be on serverhostside. No matter who the host is (U on ur PC or a complete REnt server)

btw:

I already started to update the database of the Componisttool

Mag

to 1:

If you want the regions to spawn again new with the new Mix of pre4fabs u have to clear them

IMO it is not nessecary to start a complete new map (game)

Regions which bin already written - dont spawn new prefabs in it !!! They stay like they are - if u don't clear them !!!

to2:

No - the pack has only to be on serverhostside. No matter who the host is (U on ur PC or a complete REnt server)

btw:

I already started to update the database of the Componisttool

Mag

Very well then. Thank you!

My hypothesis were correct. 'Cause in previous our game before I broke it we couldn't find any police stations, shops with tools or others specialized shops (only small universal ones). But we found some huge bunker-like house. It was a bit ...hard for PC (performance).

Now we live in a police station. That's suitable. New prefabs pack will be somewhere in the unknown world, which is waiting for us!

I appriciate that. Thats my basic point too.

And yes - i thought you can tweak gfx-performance. Misunderstood!

@all:

As i said:

Point 1 (Prefabs-Componist-Tool)

What u want is in work. The Componisttool will make the prefabs.xml of your own choice.

U will be able to activate or deactived every prefab u like (for RWG of course) and then let the tool safe your new prefabs.xml.

Soon i will contine with the coding of the editor-mode. Perhaps weekend.

Point 2 (Repairing of the Prefabs)

And i have to check all Costumprefabs - if there are to much lightsources (candles and torches make problems too !!!)

And overdo the amount of Lootcontainers again.

I hope this 2 points help us a bit further - to get the spawningmix EVERYBODY wants to.

And let the fps not decrease so much.

(Everything higher then 25fps - and iam happy !)

Iam sure when I've done this - A12 is already realeased. If there will be blockchanges, i have to check and repair

about 110 costumprefab anyhow. One new Block will added in A12 for sure: its a woodtable.

Mag out

Not only the table, but also the "steel" blocks and i am assuming they have upgrade paths. So yeah block changed will suck for 100+ prefabs. I am not sure if i'm just lucky or what, but my machine still holds 60+fps with the pack. But i also kill all light fixtures as i cleara town for scrap metals too. So maybe i am fixing the problem before it happens haha.

Anyway still love the pack, honestly i think the last pack was really well done and seemed to me the mix was better. But it's random gen and therefore...random..so might just be my playthrough

Not only the table, but also the "steel" blocks and i am assuming they have upgrade paths. So yeah block changed will suck for 100+ prefabs. I am not sure if i'm just lucky or what, but my machine still holds 60+fps with the pack. But i also kill all light fixtures as i cleara town for scrap metals too. So maybe i am fixing the problem before it happens haha.

Anyway still love the pack, honestly i think the last pack was really well done and seemed to me the mix was better. But it's random gen and therefore...random..so might just be my playthrough

yes - steel i forgot - and also the new bow-types.

I hope the devs choose free new places for the new Items. Not exchange excisting blocks with the new ones again pls in A12 !!!!

Anyway i hope Hal9000 will make a new Block-Converter if its nessacary !!! And update the editor for A12.

(If not - we are really piككedoff in the case of Prefabbing !!!)

If i turned on any light in any prefab - i choose "Lit1" from the Meta1-list.

I smagged down the lights (and candles) in the stripclub too.

Every broken light brought back about 1fps :)

Candles decreases performance more then lights.

And the different types of light has different impacts to the performance IMO.

They have all different Lightningstranges too. The brighter ones decreases perf more then darker ones !!!

e.g. Ceilinglight07 has a perfect Brightness and didn't drop the fps to much.

e.g. Candles have a high Brightness and decreases the fps very much.

Can u guys confirm that !!!

btw:

Now i work on the database for the Componisttool.

It has to be updated (and sorted new) to synchronize with the Compopack v5.

Tommorow i continue coding the editor-mode.

Mag out

notes for the version5 :

This is a detailed listing of the 45by45 Citymix-Prefabs I assembled especially for the Main-City:

RGPM_Citymix_01(grtown-strclub-burnth-h-gar)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Gravetownstation(by_Caleb68)v2" position="-680, 54, 1200" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="farm_shed3" position="-680, 75, 1200" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="house_trailer_burnt_01" position="-652, 75, 1202" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_kuldbrickhouse(by_Kuldiin)_v2" position="-652, 76, 1230" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_StripClub(by_Wsiegel)v2" position="-682, 75, 1214" rotation="1" />

RGPM_Citymix_02(gunstore_sm_mod_01)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="store_gun_sm_01_mod" position="-680, 71, 1200" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_kuldlargehouse(by_Kuldiin)_v5" position="-694, 71, 1204" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Bunker1(by_LazMan)v2" position="-691, 69, 1230" rotation="2" />

RGPM_Citymix_03(wareh-pistol-moes-bunker2)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Warehouse(by_Batman)v5" position="-680, 69, 1200" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_moestaverne_a11_v1" position="-656, 69, 1201" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_pistol_gunshop_a11_v1" position="-680, 67, 1184" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Bunker2(by_LazMan)v2" position="-648, 69, 1186" rotation="0" />

RGPM_Citymix_04(firedep-bookstore_sm_01)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Firedepartment(by_Guppycur)v2" position="-680, 71, 1212" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="store_book_sm_01" position="-683, 75, 1231" rotation="3" />

RGPM_Citymix_05(niceh-businesstanh-garage)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Nicehouse(by_BigC90210)v5" position="-680, 71, 1200" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="business_tan_brick_01_mod" position="-680, 75, 1232" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="garagestucco1" position="-647, 75, 1233" rotation="2" />

RGPM_Citymix_06(simpsonh-gravey-brickh-camp-gar)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_simpsonshouse_a11_v1" position="-680, 71, 1180" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="business_red_brick_01" position="-676, 75, 1163" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="oldwest_graveyard" position="-688, 74, 1163" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="garageblue1" position="-690, 75, 1195" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="campsite_02" position="-690, 76, 1182" rotation="1" />

RGPM_Citymix_07(guildh-restaurant-firest-xxxclub)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_stripclub_a11_v2" position="-747, 71, 1186" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Guildhall(ex_vanilla_ornate01)v5" position="-770, 71, 1206" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Firestation(by_Slick50)v5" position="-747, 71, 1206" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Restaurant(by_Gertle)v5" position="-770, 71, 1186" rotation="0" />

RGPM_Citymix_08(myh-crema-gupchurch-farmsh1)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_myhouse_a11_v1" position="-820, 71, 1186" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_crematory_a11_v2" position="-817, 72, 1211" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Church(by_Guppycur)v2" position="-843, 71, 1193" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="farm_shed1" position="-832, 75, 1186" rotation="0" />

RGPM_Citymix_09(grocery_sm-barn01-medclinic_sm)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="store_grocery_sm_mod_01" position="-747, 71, 1186" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_med_clinic_small_a11_v2" position="-768, 75, 1186" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="barn_01" position="-767, 75, 1217" rotation="0" />

RGPM_Citymix_10(scilab-firewatcht-stayouth)v5:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Science_lab_city(by_kinklade)v5" position="-680, 62, 1180" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Firewatchtower(bySciFiFlippa)v2" position="-675, 71, 1211" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="magoli_stayouthouse_a11_v2" position="-645, 71, 1213" rotation="0" />

to the v5-pack:

I realized that some Prefabs still have to much Lootcontainers inside. And to bright lightning. Sry for that :(

Before I release the next update - I make sure that all lights and the amount of Lootcontainers in every single Prefab is all right then !!!

Also Prefabs that don't got a Basement, have a got chance to spawn wrong and will collapse.

That causes on these 1block deep big holes, u can find in towns.

This Issue primary belongs to the Vanilla-Prefabs, that I don't have 'repaired' yet.

If this problem is also in A12 - i have to make basements for all Vanilla-Houses too !?

btw:

I feel like we get A12 in a few days guys :)

The preview of the new rwgmixer 3.0 looks really awesome.

I hope it fixes all the problems - that belongs to prefab-spawning !!!

Perhaps it is intellegent enough now - to spawn the big prefabs again !!!

Mag out

Yes - a Supermarket

The 2 malls i had to remove (to big) :(

I hope to i can readd them (and 10 others) soon.

Perhaps already in A12 ?!?!

Supermarket is a nice start, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that Random Gen 3.0 lets you put back in the 2 Malls! Keep up the good work either way!

I love this pack and love it on my servers in the past, but had a question. What exactly changes on the alpha version that prevents prefab packs from working when the game updates? IDs? Recipes? I am just curious if this was something we could do on the server end to allow this prefab pack to be rolled out when A12 is released until you get an updated version out with the new recipes/materials. Any thoughts?

I love this pack and love it on my servers in the past, but had a question. What exactly changes on the alpha version that prevents prefab packs from working when the game updates? IDs? Recipes? I am just curious if this was something we could do on the server end to allow this prefab pack to be rolled out when A12 is released until you get an updated version out with the new recipes/materials. Any thoughts?

From my understanding, it comes mostly down to block IDs.

Blocks used in the old prefab either no longer exist, or now the IDs linked to them link to different blocks

and any new block added in uses a totally new, different ID.

Some blocks even get shifted from one ID to another for no particular reason.

And all it takes is one little missed block and we get very weird, noticeable errors.

I have absolute no clue if there will be any Blockchanges (ID,Rotation)

What I know is that we get at least a new kitchentable and some other blocks (steeltools,bearmeat??? and food???,minibike-parts)

But like Choasocks said: The Question is on which ID's the new blocks added to.

New ones ==> no problem for the 11.x prefabs

Removes,switches ===> big problem for the 11.x prefabs (in this case we strongly need Hal9000 to write a new Converter - else we(Iam) really fugged !!)

MM said A12 has the biggest releasenotes ever - bigger then A11!!!??? - Very much changes - but what ???

I think in few days we are know it for sure

btw:

I decided to DONT code the editormode for the Componist-tool.

I rather made a final A11-repair for all costum-prefab (removed Lootcontainers on mass / Lights-alignment / Collapse-bugfixes)

(Have only 6 prefabs to repair left - then iam finished - and A12 can come :) )

but today i didn't repaired anything. I made a new last-A11-Prefab: a ROLLERSKATE-DISCO :)) will come in A12 ;)

and I also got a special-suprise for u guys in A12 !!!!! Iam very sure you will like it :)

But this is a secret till A12 !!!!

All I can say is: It is a special POI - especially made for A12 !!!

ok - now u can waste ur time till A12 with guessing - lol

Mag out

I have absolute no clue if there will be any Blockchanges (ID,Rotation)

What I know is that we get at least a new kitchentable and some other blocks (steeltools,bearmeat??? and food???,minibike-parts)

But like Choasocks said: The Question is on which ID's the new blocks added to.

New ones ==> no problem for the 11.x prefabs

Removes,switches ===> big problem for the 11.x prefabs (in this case we strongly need Hal9000 to write a new Converter - else we(Iam) really fugged !!)

MM said A12 has the biggest releasenotes ever - bigger then A11!!!??? - Very much changes - but what ???

I think in few days we are know it for sure

btw:

I decided to DONT code the editormode for the Componist-tool.

I rather made a final A11-repair for all costum-prefab (removed Lootcontainers on mass / Lights-alignment / Collapse-bugfixes)

(Have only 6 prefabs to repair left - then iam finished - and A12 can come :) )

but today i didn't repaired anything. I made a new last-A11-Prefab: a ROLLERSKATE-DISCO :)) will come in A12 ;)

and I also got a special-suprise for u guys in A12 !!!!! Iam very sure you will like it :)

But this is a secret till A12 !!!!

All I can say is: It is a special POI - especially made for A12 !!!

ok - now u can waste ur time till A12 with guessing - lol

Mag out

Great glad to see you continuing your work into A12. I have just started a new server and have everyone excited about your POI's so I can't wait for A12 and your updates. Thanks for the reply and the hard work!

There are quite a few changes to the "rwgmixer.xml" file and there are no comments to explain the tags! The vanilla "prefabs.xml" file is also pretty much empty. Was hoping to get this early to generate with the new map, but I guess a map reset is in order once this is ready. Hope you can update it quickly Magoli and there are not too many hurdles! :D

hey guys

WOW - evereything has changed: No prefabs.xml anymore / some Windowblocks and all snowdeco-blocks are gone now / the spawning-system is complete overhauled.

The good thing is:

All known Issues that belongs to Collapsing, rotations , blocks, prefab-spawning, spawningtogether seems to be gone now !!!!

OK - to the point:

First i have made a block-change-table to see the changes in detail. Is finished now !!!

Now iam in the middle of the repairings (got already 60/100 done).

The pre-repairings (Lights,Lootcontainersamount) i had finished 3 days ago.

Then i have to write the new mixer.

I believe to deliver U the new ALpha12 compatible Pack Monday (when everything works how i like :) )

stay tuned

Mag out

Thanks Magoli! I appreciate the effort you're putting into this and cannot wait to load it into the server. Hope you've got some Redbull to keep you going ;)

lol - no redbull - but other good stuff ;)

btw:

only 27 buildings to repair left - (but 7 new special-repairs. For them i have to rollback to 11.4 to fix them :( )

(its about total scrambledup stairs - the game and even the editor shows nasty errors !!! And they wont let fix them with the a12-block-set)

When all is repaired and spawnable - then i start mixing and testing the new RWG-spawner ;) - (perhaps already today ?!?!)

However - iam straight working on the first A12-release of the CompoPack.

Mag out

• Roland locked this topic

Archived