Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

its not necessary - because its not the rwgmixer itself that has changed !!!

Its the engine behind the scenes that had this update !!! The Worldgenerating Engine !

This part is hardcoded and belongs to every rwg-world - no matter if Vanilla or CP !

Mag

Mag,

I have been getting very small towns in my seeds. Usually only 4 buildings and a farm plot. I tried this on multiple seeds, and It is the same thing over and over again. I am not getting any small towns, or small cities persay. Hub city was fairly small in all seeds as well.

I did go into the rqgmixer and un-commented a few items, and it seems to have improved, but I am not sure how it all works. It is like I am a mechanic, that read a book on anatomy trying to do open heart surgery. I understand the mechanics and theory behind it. But I am more dangerous mucking around than not.

Can we get an updated tweaked rwgmixer?

Thanks!

UnknownSoldier

Mag,

I have been getting very small towns in my seeds. Usually only 4 buildings and a farm plot. I tried this on multiple seeds, and It is the same thing over and over again. I am not getting any small towns, or small cities persay. Hub city was fairly small in all seeds as well.

I did go into the rqgmixer and un-commented a few items, and it seems to have improved, but I am not sure how it all works. It is like I am a mechanic, that read a book on anatomy trying to do open heart surgery. I understand the mechanics and theory behind it. But I am more dangerous mucking around than not.

Can we get an updated tweaked rwgmixer?

Thanks!

UnknownSoldier

-to the Township: Town

The bad filling of the Towns is a known problem since a12 !!!

I have tried alot and made alot of tests to have a better density of pois in towns - but no succes. It seems to be hardcoded !!!

IMO its a bug or TFP just want it to look like so.

-to the Township: City

atm the max-size of the Common-City is decreased to 4by4 City-Blocks (=84 Prefabs) !!!

This I have made for peformance-reasons!

good luck with ur rwgmixer-experiments ;) - its always just nothing, but trail and error

Mag

its not necessary - because its not the rwgmixer itself that has changed !!!

Its the engine behind the scenes that had this update !!! The Worldgenerating Engine !

This part is hardcoded and belongs to every rwg-world - no matter if Vanilla or CP !

Mag

yes very not mod friendly.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- mod friendly

Dood. This pack is like, crazy cool. I went to a new world just to experience it all first hand, and just, wow. I mean, lag is to be expected some in cities, but it's definitely worth it.

My only so far issue is, I've not found any working stiff, or book stores. I may not looked out far enough? But, I'd just like to ask to be sure if they wasn't removed. Maybe a stupid question, sorry about that.

Bad luck. Imo there are more opportunities to find them.

thats right you green reptilian monster ;)

Most of my books and shematics I find in filecabinets,desks and safes.

I also have found a Ak-47-Shematic in a Trashpile

(TIPP: hollow treestump's have super stuff inside !!!)

It also belongs to ur Scavering-Level and the "Qualitiy-Joe"-Perk (and surly alot of other parts)

So - dont give up guys ;)

Mag

Just started a new random game with this pack after 'sploring the new Navezgane. Have to say, really impressed by the quality of what we've seen so far! Holed up on night 18 on top of Warsaken's Shopping Centre Mall... just WOW! Really atmospheric (btw the stone steps going up to the office near the front are back to front ;-)) Thanks for all the work you've put into this guys!

So just started using the prefab pack and i've noticed that some prefabs and the new cities especially, are giving me massive fps loss, sometimes into singles digits as opposed to my usual 70+. Tried turning everything down to the lowest setting's and i still only get 10-18 in cities. Any idea what the main cause could be? running an AMD FX 8320 processor, 8gb ram and a R9 280X. any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello, sorry to said that but I don't like your version 20 !

Because you remove town large, chinatown & like many player I don't like city & specialy city with many destroy building (like waste rubble) with only +/-3 good prefab with a size of the city +/- 500m x 500m (I mean any good prefab like house/gazsation/shop ect... & not "there is only 3 good prefab")

With this version there is only +/-90% of city (I play on many server who use your mod with default setting & with their live map I can see it) & cause of a14 (or maybe cause of some prefab) there are many lag!

I prefer the last version 17 for a13!

About lag, I do a test with the same name for the map & modded prefab (I delete no commun prefab in the xml) with a big city who I set the size to 1km x 1km & so:

- a13 no lag

- a14 big lag

So whether it's cause by a14 or by some modded prefab who need to be fixed (like the prefab "Persian Mansion")

But if you said nothing must to be change for block used in between a13 & a14, so lag is cause by a14 & like everybody know it (or not) a14 gen ground world map is bug (like we can fall under map for x reason, ground world map was missing sometime & that's can stay even if we delete the file region or restard the server)

Because you remove town large, chinatown & like many player I don't like city & specialy city with many destroy building (like waste rubble) with only +/-3 good prefab with a size of the city +/- 500m x 500m (I mean any good prefab like house/gazsation/shop ect... & not "there is only 3 good prefab")

With this version there is only +/-90% of city (I play on many server who use your mod with default setting & with their live map I can see it) & cause of a14 (or maybe cause of some prefab) there are many lag!

About lag, I do a test with the same name for the map & modded prefab (I delete no commun prefab in the xml) with a big city who I set the size to 1km x 1km & so:

- a13 no lag

- a14 big lag

So whether it's cause by a14 or by some modded prefab who need to be fixed (like the prefab "Persian Mansion")

But if you said nothing must to be change for block used in between a13 & a14, so lag is cause by a14 & like everybody know it (or not) a14 gen ground world map is bug (like we can fall under map for x reason, ground world map was missing sometime & that's can stay even if we delete the file region or restard the server)

You mean low FPS, not lag.

You would have to change the seed to get a different layout.

The custom hubs are only missing because of changes TFP made to the mixer. They will return as soon as they are able to.

- a13 no lag

- a14 big lag

Yes its true !!!

The CP doesnt look like it should look like !!!

But its also true: The current version of the rwgmixer.xml is still the version from A11.

(There was just some little changes on the rwg-engine somewhen in A13.X)

Iam just tied to the material the devs deliver !!!

I removed the townlarge because no matter what I have tried - I couldnt fill the towns in a manner iam happy with - so I removed them to make space for the townships that work fine (Cities,RuralHubs and the wilderness-POIs).

At this point none of this townships spawn - how they should do: Townsmall,TownLarge,WastyTown,OldWestTown !!!

I made the CommonCity smaller for the Reason of playability.

With full settings (=full citysizes, all prefabs) the game is not playable. It has much to less fps in big cities, to much lags and even freeze-downs.

Honestly iam not very happy with the CP like it is right now. I had to make backwards-steps and compromises since a12.

The Game becomes better and better - Yes, no question about that.

But in the same potential way, the CP have to loose feathers every Release.

I know its just an Alpha-Game with many many Bugs. They are about to fix bugs every day.

I hope some day we can enjoy the CP how I wanted it to look like since the first Release.

Mag

btw: MP-Games have their own Issues and Bugs additional to the "Standard-RWG-Issues" !!!

Is there a version without the sewers?

I like them, A LOT, but they are causing lag for me.

Just want them gone until I get my new memory. [Next month.]

Look for cityblocks in the prefab_name section (should be near the top of the aecrion.) Or just search cityblocks remember to comment them outnin each city that uses it as well in the same section

Kudos to putting this together, I really like it and it adds to the game a lot, but I'm having a problem where I keep coming to a point where all I see is blue in front of me and if I go off into the blue, I fall off the map. I tried the default mixer that comes with the download and I also tried the one that was posted a couple of pages back and I've played about a half dozen seeds and have had the same problem.

I am playing the 14.6 experimental so maybe that is the problem but I have since used that mixer and tried to add some of the individual prefabs to that (like the multistore, the mall, stadium etc) and that has worked (although I know it's just a fraction of what is in the compo-pack).

All the games were single player.

Any ideas?

TIA

Kudos to putting this together, I really like it and it adds to the game a lot, but I'm having a problem where I keep coming to a point where all I see is blue in front of me and if I go off into the blue, I fall off the map. I tried the default mixer that comes with the download and I also tried the one that was posted a couple of pages back and I've played about a half dozen seeds and have had the same problem.

I am playing the 14.6 experimental so maybe that is the problem but I have since used that mixer and tried to add some of the individual prefabs to that (like the multistore, the mall, stadium etc) and that has worked (although I know it's just a fraction of what is in the compo-pack).

All the games were single player.

Any ideas?

TIA

What error are you getting in the output.log. next time you come across this press tilde sometimes it may have happenned earlier where thewm world stops generating also add the location you were at when you noticed the error or world gen stopping

Archived