Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I just deleted the (ctownhub) but it can cause a server to lose their map. So might want to get that in the next update.

I was the lucky one to run into that missing prefab, could not log in at all. To fix it you have to delete the region file with that poi spawn after the rwgmixer.xml was modified.

Good thing I was the server admin!

ahoihoi dear victims

I have played around with some mixer-settings. And tried whats up with smaller towns and/or without the Sewer-System (Custom-CityBlocks).

I think I could increase the performance by making the CommonCities smaller (412 by 412 now)

and using the Vanilla Cityblocks instead of Slaans Sewer&subway.

IMO its a fps-increase of about 25 fps.

But its 2 steps back (again) in my big masterplan = how I like the world to look like !!

Anyway - more important atm is to have a kinda playable Version

This means:

The game-engine cant handle such big areas of preassembled blocks (=prefabs).

The gameengine dont expects such an situation, because there is not such an situation in Vanilla.

And this is what the engine (with all its concepts,tunings and balancings) aims for !!

I love the Sewer&subways, and I also love bigger Cities.

But atm its nessecary to play without sewer&subways and also smaller cities !!!

I hope the devs can free more resources for the worldbuilding-engine,

by improving all the other algorhytms that may slow down the system.

But it seems the value of the parts of the resources the system can spend - are almost already made !!!

Perhaps there will be a performance-boost in future - perhaps not !!!

However:

HERE is the hotfixed RWGMIXER.XML (for COMPOPACK 20 - Alpha 14.5)

Just overwrite the old rwgmixer.xml

OK - this should give a boost of about 20-30 fps - and make it almost playable ;) !!!

(also the laggs are more rare and shorter IMO)

As always I recommend to start a new game !!!

(and also choose a new profile-character in A14.5 !!!)

try to have fun guys

Mag

Updated with this mixer and deleted all the city regions (4) and now its playable again :) Thanks it made a big difference

I must be doing something wrong. Help would be appreciated.

1) Full fresh install of 14.5

2) install of Valmod-overhaul

3) install of Compopack 14.3 including rgw hotfix

upon gamestart throws a null ref whiling loadinng assets

error: 11.423 error loading and parsing xml (a name did not start with a legal character 38 (&), line 6, position 21)

nullreferencexception: objeect reference not set to a instance of an object.

error: 11.423 error loading and parsing xml (a name did not start with a legal character 38 (&), line 6, position 21)

I have reinstalled the Valmod Overhaul pack and installed Compo-pack with the fix for A14.5 and my game works fine and all the prefabs are in the game. You're doin something wrong.

- can you please state exact method of install.

- Upload full output.log

- Upload config folder (RWGMixer)

Please

** Did you copy prefabs from compo pack and then open up game prefab folder and paste or did you overwrite game prefab folder with compo pack prefab folder.

**Did you overwrite game rwgmixer with compo pack rwgmixer.

** Did you copy prefabs from compo pack and then open up game prefab folder and paste or did you overwrite game prefab folder with compo pack prefab folder.

This is what I don't understand. What's the different? I always just copy the whole Compo Prefabs folder and paste it where the vanilla Prefabs folder is and it will merge just fine. Yes, the system will ask if I'm sure to overwrite those files that has the same name in the folder but any files that has different name(no overwriting occurred) will be left untouched.

I never have to open up Compo Prefabs folder, select all, copy, open up vanilla prefabs, paste. No i never did all this

Is my Windows OS different than others?

Note: Been using Compo Pack Since A13, never have red console error.

This is what I don't understand. What's the different? I always just copy the whole Compo Prefabs folder and paste it where the vanilla Prefabs folder is and it will merge just fine. Yes, the system will ask if I'm sure to overwrite those files that has the same name in the folder but any files that has different name(no overwriting occurred) will be left untouched.

I never have to open up Compo Prefabs folder, select all, copy, open up vanilla prefabs, paste. No i never did all this

Is my Windows OS different than others?

Note: Been using Compo Pack Since A13, never have red console error.

How your spose to do it is open cp prefab folder select all. Open game prefab folder paste. But i guess merging might work idk i always did it the way mags said to and mine works. But if it works your way cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using valmods rwgmixer if so you need to use mags compo pack rwgmixer. Valmods rwgmixer is just plain vanilla

i would like to report a possible bug in the indian camping shop prefab.

on left side theres a bounch of boxes, some of them have to be broken to discover whats the crate: shammy and tool boxes break good, the messiah one in both the shops i visited are gone as i destroy the cover

i would like to report a possible bug in the indian camping shop prefab.

on left side theres a bounch of boxes, some of them have to be broken to discover whats the crate: shammy and tool boxes break good, the messiah one in both the shops i visited are gone as i destroy the cover

Iam sure u talk about "Xcoustum_Timbershop(by_magoli)"

Some of the crates have to be smashed (=unlock) before u can Loot them

The Issue hasn't something to do with the COMPOPACK itself.

This Issue has something to do with the settings of the block (crate) or the settings of the tool u have used for smashing.

So it seems it belongs to the blocks.xml or items.xml

I only play around with the rwgmixer.xml

Its the job of the devs to deliver blocks thats work well and also gamebalancing.

Mag

Ok I dunno name of prefab but is a huge flagstone country club 2 floor with pool and garage.

The concrete stairs from ground level to terrace with pool are turned on the wrong side so u can't walk on them.

Also I've a problem with zombies..I dunno if it's prefab, vanilla or mod fault.

I always have zombi spawning inside the garage..even if it's all locked with doors..The floor is brick paver so should be fine.. I've to try and replace it?

If I have loaded a map with the prefab combo pack, and then remove the prefabs from the server files, will the buildings remain on the map?

Basically i want to load up the 0,0 Hub city with the combo pack, then remove the combopack to the rest of the map loads as a vanilla map.

I'm always deleting badly spawned areas including cities and updating them or backdating them in some cases and I'm pretty sure for what you want to do all you have to do is replace the cp mixer file for the vanilla mixer file once you've spawned the whole city like flying over it in sections but as stated above the border of the 'regions' will not match and possibly leave large cliffs or sharp edges and unmatching bioms around your city.

I'm pretty sure that prefabs can spawn their own set of zombies so the prefab your making home at may spawn zombies because the creator of the prefab intended it to be like that.

This! Every prefab except the 8 Abandoned Houses have its own entity spawner in their xml file. Those spawns can also be disabled in prefabs xml file.

Since they've altered the rwgmixer.xml in the 14.6 experimental alpha: Would it be possible to provide an updated rwgmixer.xml for the Compopack? :tennis:

its not necessary - because its not the rwgmixer itself that has changed !!!

Its the engine behind the scenes that had this update !!! The Worldgenerating Engine !

This part is hardcoded and belongs to every rwg-world - no matter if Vanilla or CP !

Mag

Archived