Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Even with the update 14.5 the cities on my server are way too choppy every time I enter a city the fps drops to 8 or less for at least 1-5 minutes then slowly over time the frame rate picks up and steadys around 15-20 fps. I'm pretty sure it only started when the underground sewer was added but can't be sure on that. I have a 20mb connection with a 980 nvidea and 32 gig of ram. I really don't think this should be happening. I've tried turning off the lights but didn't help much.

+1 about thinking about the sewers+ being at fault, but no idea how can prove it, since were also getting 5 fps, then PC frozen.

the sewer system has been in the compo pack for a long time. its not the sewers

The upper part above

That part has destroyed wood/stone on its ends; not sure if it's normal or not, or if a zombie walked near

Even with the update 14.5 the cities on my server are way too choppy every time I enter a city the fps drops to 8 or less for at least 1-5 minutes then slowly over time the frame rate picks up and steadys around 15-20 fps. I'm pretty sure it only started when the underground sewer was added but can't be sure on that. I have a 20mb connection with a 980 nvidea and 32 gig of ram. I really don't think this should be happening. I've tried turning off the lights but didn't help much.

I had this. Uninstalled game. Cleared 7dtd steam folder, reinstalled game and nvidia drivers.

Now I'm not seeing this problem any more.

Ok im back....So i made a Map and this what i was talking about...All the Arweas are City like i siad before...Here is my Server...look for yourself......It over writes all the Little towns and makes them citys..

https://cbsm.envul.com/map-view/3641/

I've been fighting with this forever. How do you get so many towns/cities to spawn? I've tried setting after setting and just can't get anything but open empty nothing everywhere except the hub city. Could you post you rwgmixer settings?

+1 about thinking about the sewers+ being at fault, but no idea how can prove it, since were also getting 5 fps, then PC frozen.

I've reinstalled the drivers and game and it didn't make any difference. I didn't think it would because its happening to everyone on the mp server.

I've reinstalled the drivers and game and it didn't make any difference. I didn't think it would because its happening to everyone on the mp server.

Do you happen to be hosting on the same machine you're playing on?

If not, maybe it's your specs. (Although, even if it's on a separate PC, it could be the server's specs.)

I've been fighting with this forever. How do you get so many towns/cities to spawn? I've tried setting after setting and just can't get anything but open empty nothing everywhere except the hub city. Could you post you rwgmixer settings?

My RWGmixer is the Default one that comes with this pack...I have not made any changes at all...I'm so tired at looking at just cities.I have made multiple seeds and it keeps doing it...Can't win them all.But i love all the Water and islands.

you could try putting Z's in front of the Seed name..its kind of my Signature move,maybe this has something to do with it.

try these Seed names maybe

zZAllDeadHereZz

xXAllDeadHereXx

zZLightsOutZz

xXLightsOutXx

try a combo like that

Maybe the RWGmixer has some kind of Hitch for weird names

My RWGmixer is the Default one that comes with this pack...I have not made any changes at all...I'm so tired at looking at just cities.I have made multiple seeds and it keeps doing it...Can't win them all.But i love all the Water and islands.

you could try putting Z's in front of the Seed name..its kind of my Signature move,maybe this has something to do with it.

zZAllDeadHereZz

xXAllDeadHereXx

zZLightsOutZz

xXLightsOutXx

try a combo like that

I wish tfp would fix the mixer and bugs the ran gen generator causes

Do you happen to be hosting on the same machine you're playing on?

If not, maybe it's your specs. (Although, even if it's on a separate PC, it could be the server's specs.)

Its a rented server and the specs are not over done because I've used the same specs for the last 7 months. The only thing that has changed it the of course the versions of 7dtd and the CP versions. I've never had problems before the recently added underground sewers. I'm not saying that's the problem just when it started. To me its like not lag or server issues but rather too much data to handle because my frame rate can be ok (25 fps) but my movement it really really jerky as if its loading data then its ok then loading data them its ok. Maybe I need to change my server host but like I said its been fine in the past. I really like these prefabs I think it makes the game. Kudos to all involved.

the sewer system has been in the compo pack for a long time. its not the sewers

Believe me, I love the sewers, they are great and add a lot to the game. However, there is most definitely a performance loss using them over the vanilla cityblocks.

I just loaded a fresh 14.5 and installed Compo pack 20. I loaded a fresh seed (145Compo20) and teleported to 0,0. I traveled around the perimeter and interior of the city loading every single portion. I then systematically moved around the city while recording my FPS every 5 seconds.

I exited the game, cleared the region files and only changed the mixer from using the sewer cityblocks to the vanilla cityblocks. I launched the game and entered the same savegame as before. I traveled around the perimeter and interior of the city loading every single portion. I then systematically moved around the city while recording my FPS every 5 seconds.

I repeated this two more times swapping between the vanilla and sewer citylocks. Using the sewer cityblocks resulted in an average of 25 FPS lower than the vanilla cityblocks. All of this was with zombies spawning disabled and no collapses of any kind to skew the results.

ahoihoi dear victims

I have played around with some mixer-settings. And tried whats up with smaller towns and/or without the Sewer-System (Custom-CityBlocks).

I think I could increase the performance by making the CommonCities smaller (412 by 412 now)

and using the Vanilla Cityblocks instead of Slaans Sewer&subway.

IMO its a fps-increase of about 25 fps.

But its 2 steps back (again) in my big masterplan = how I like the world to look like !!

Anyway - more important atm is to have a kinda playable Version

This means:

The game-engine cant handle such big areas of preassembled blocks (=prefabs).

The gameengine dont expects such an situation, because there is not such an situation in Vanilla.

And this is what the engine (with all its concepts,tunings and balancings) aims for !!

I love the Sewer&subways, and I also love bigger Cities.

But atm its nessecary to play without sewer&subways and also smaller cities !!!

I hope the devs can free more resources for the worldbuilding-engine,

by improving all the other algorhytms that may slow down the system.

But it seems the value of the parts of the resources the system can spend - are almost already made !!!

Perhaps there will be a performance-boost in future - perhaps not !!!

However:

HERE is the hotfixed RWGMIXER.XML (for COMPOPACK 20 - Alpha 14.5)

Just overwrite the old rwgmixer.xml

OK - this should give a boost of about 20-30 fps - and make it almost playable ;) !!!

(also the laggs are more rare and shorter IMO)

As always I recommend to start a new game !!!

(and also choose a new profile-character in A14.5 !!!)

try to have fun guys

Mag

Believe me, I love the sewers, they are great and add a lot to the game. However, there is most definitely a performance loss using them over the vanilla cityblocks.

I just loaded a fresh 14.5 and installed Compo pack 20. I loaded a fresh seed (145Compo20) and teleported to 0,0. I traveled around the perimeter and interior of the city loading every single portion. I then systematically moved around the city while recording my FPS every 5 seconds.

I exited the game, cleared the region files and only changed the mixer from using the sewer cityblocks to the vanilla cityblocks. I launched the game and entered the same savegame as before. I traveled around the perimeter and interior of the city loading every single portion. I then systematically moved around the city while recording my FPS every 5 seconds.

I repeated this two more times swapping between the vanilla and sewer citylocks. Using the sewer cityblocks resulted in an average of 25 FPS lower than the vanilla cityblocks. All of this was with zombies spawning disabled and no collapses of any kind to skew the results.

haha - 2 idiots / 1 mind / @ the same time - LOL

Yo - thx for verifying what i have pointed out.

The fixed rwgmixer should work better ;)

Mag

haha - 2 idiots / 1 mind / @ the same time - LOL

Yo - thx for verifying what i have pointed out.

The fixed rwgmixer should work better ;)

Mag

i get fps round 20 - 30 in the cities, until a collapse or zs appear and I havent had a collapse now in a couple days. glad you guys found a solution for your problems :-) But I still dont believe the sewer system is the cause or the issue.

i get fps round 20 - 30 in the cities, until a collapse or zs appear and I havent had a collapse now in a couple days. glad you guys found a solution for your problems :-) But I still dont believe the sewer system is the cause or the issue.

20-30 FPS is not acceptable to me for my server. You can believe us or not. Or you could do what Mag and I did and test it for yourself.

With the sewers I get 20-30, without them I get 55+ in the city. I tested it multiple times with no other variables. Curiously enough, Mag seems to have had the exact same results. Hardly concrete proof, but better than just assuming something is the way you want it to be.

zZAllDeadHereZz

xXAllDeadHereXx

zZLightsOutZz

xXLightsOutXx

try a combo like that

Maybe.. I'll give it a shot. When I play now.. I can walk for days without seeing anything but wilderness and a couple of random and unimpressive POIs... Would prefer towns over cities, but at this point, anything is better than just plain empty wastelands..

ahoihoi dear victims

I have played around with some mixer-settings. And tried whats up with smaller towns and/or without the Sewer-System (Custom-CityBlocks).

However:

HERE is the hotfixed RWGMIXER.XML (for COMPOPACK 20 - Alpha 14.5)

Just overwrite the old rwgmixer.xml

OK - this should give a boost of about 20-30 fps - and make it almost playable ;) !!!

(also the laggs are more rare and shorter IMO)

As always I recommend to start a new game !!!

(and also choose a new profile-character in A14.5 !!!)

try to have fun guys

Mag

I installed the updated mixer and deleted the city regions that were causing the jerky frame rate and now the new areas are no longer cities, err totally different, even with the same random generated seed name! How is this possible with the same seed? The regions that I didn't delete with a city have no change, still jerky.

I installed the updated mixer and deleted the city regions that were causing the jerky frame rate and now the new areas are no longer cities, err totally different, even with the same random generated seed name! How is this possible with the same seed? The regions that I didn't delete with a city have no change, still jerky.

I had the same experience with the world being different each time with the same seed name.

Hay Magoli think I found an error for you. It’s in your new hotfix and the one before it. In the hot fix on line 3460 and 3815 you have “xcostum_Manorhouse(by_WereWulfen)(ctownhub)”. There is no prefab with that name it causes a server crash when called for.

Hay Magoli think I found an error for you. It’s in your new hotfix and the one before it. In the hot fix on line 3460 and 3815 you have “xcostum_Manorhouse(by_WereWulfen)(ctownhub)”. There is no prefab with that name it causes a server crash when called for.

yeh I found that to. I simply copied the one thats in the prefab folder “xcostum_Manorhouse(by_WereWulfen)” and added the (ctownhub) tts and xml.

Actually forgot to mention this tho and you reminded me Spider lol.

yeh I found that to. I simply copied the one thats in the prefab folder “xcostum_Manorhouse(by_WereWulfen)” and added the (ctownhub) tts and xml.

Actually forgot to mention this tho and you reminded me Spider lol.

I just deleted the (ctownhub) but it can cause a server to lose their map. So might want to get that in the next update.

• Roland locked this topic