Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Ok im back....So i made a Map and this what i was talking about...All the Arweas are City like i siad before...Here is my Server...look for yourself......It over writes all the Little towns and makes them citys..

https://cbsm.envul.com/map-view/3641/

I have noticed a lack of towns and mostly just see cities myself. I just use the CompoPack rgwmixer.xml with no tweaks to it whatsoever. I'm won't complain though I like it as it is, but that does not mean the towns should not spawn.

I can do some more testing from home once I'm off work.

I have noticed a lack of towns and mostly just see cities myself. I just use the CompoPack rgwmixer.xml with no tweaks to it whatsoever. I'm won't complain though I like it as it is, but that does not mean the towns should not spawn.

I can do some more testing from home once I'm off work.

well the only reason i say this not write is because sometimes going to the city is not good idea from the start...Small towns are a nice place to start looting. City's Spawn Cops/Dogs/Ferels..........I have no problem with going in cities..but some people dont have the "Skills to pay the bills" and it frustrates them.

on my server i use Valmod full and getting Started is hard to do.

My Zeds are all on Max spawn and Damge and They "Hit like a truck".

ooooo....red now, easily distracted.....

So I did a clean install of the engine, reinstall combopack files on the server, edited to turn all lights off (I see no FPS change, but I like no lights. It is the end....) Had my players update video drivers and clean install of the game and things are smoother, not perfect, but playable.

I'm not sure if the buildings falling already had something to do with it because I'm not sure if or what fell, but that makes a lot of sense. Even in vanilla, if you start dropping buildings the FPS drops to nothing until its all down, then the server will recover.

Trying to isolate the building that is causing the issue is another problem all together.......we will have to pay more attention when we hit a newly spawned city.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok looking at your RWG I pick up this -

<hub_rules>

<hub_rule name="cityCommon">

<hub_type value="city"/>

<width value="515, 515" />

<height value="618, 618" />

<path_material value="asphalt" />

<path_radius value="7" />

<prefab_rule name="wastelandHub" prob="1"/>

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="wastycity">

<hub_type value="city"/>

<width value="309, 309" />

<height value="412, 412" />

<prefab_rule name="wastycityPOIs" prob="1"/>

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="WastyTown">

<hub_type value="town"/>

<width value="100, 200" />

<height value="100, 200" />

<prefab_rule name="WastyTown"/>

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="oldWestTown">

<hub_type value="town"/>

<width value="120, 120" />

<height value="120, 120" />

<prefab_rule name="oldWestTown"/>

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="CoronadoCity">

<hub_type value="city"/>

<width value="206, 206" />

<height value="206, 206" />

<prefab_rule name="CoronadoCity" prob="1" />

</hub_rule>

Correct is highlighted green

Wrong is highlighted red

As far as I know the values need to look similar to this -

<width value="515, 618" />

<height value="515, 618" />

where as you had -

<width value="515, 515" />

<height value="618, 618" />

change the ones where you have the values wrong to the format I have posted that is correct.

if you still have issues or dont understand let me know

My RWG is the same as the Red, and is the default. Is that an issue in the pack then? Should we all change it?

Well i just changed all my materials to 40000 in strength and 200 mass. No more collapsing blocks and fps is improved :-). Does that count

I assume when you say 40,000 strength you are referring to stability_glue. While that might eliminate your collapsing problems it does so at the cost of gutting the mechanics of structural integrity. If you don't mind playing that way then you've found a solution of sorts.

For those that want to keep SI as part of their game world they would still want to identify which cityblocks and/or prefabs are having SI issues for them. Personally, I can't recall the last time I had a prefab collapse. However, I have definitely seen components of the custom cityblocks crumble under the added weight of an entity.

I think what happened is: I installed the combo pack first, then the Valmod mod, Valmod includes RWGMIXER in his zippack, so if you install valmod last it overwrites the combopack RWGMIXER

Argh that prolly be it. Or simply you can remove the rwg mixer from valmod all together and then do as normal

- - - Updated - - -

ooooo....red now, easily distracted.....

So I did a clean install of the engine, reinstall combopack files on the server, edited to turn all lights off (I see no FPS change, but I like no lights. It is the end....) Had my players update video drivers and clean install of the game and things are smoother, not perfect, but playable.

I'm not sure if the buildings falling already had something to do with it because I'm not sure if or what fell, but that makes a lot of sense. Even in vanilla, if you start dropping buildings the FPS drops to nothing until its all down, then the server will recover.

Trying to isolate the building that is causing the issue is another problem all together.......we will have to pay more attention when we hit a newly spawned city.

- - - Updated - - -

My RWG is the same as the Red, and is the default. Is that an issue in the pack then? Should we all change it?

Ummm no lol. I just never saw it done like that. And aftwe going thru his files that was pretty much all i could see as a possibility.

But if mags did this then it obviously works i have no doubt

I assume when you say 40,000 strength you are referring to stability_glue. While that might eliminate your collapsing problems it does so at the cost of gutting the mechanics of structural integrity. If you don't mind playing that way then you've found a solution of sorts.

For those that want to keep SI as part of their game world they would still want to identify which cityblocks and/or prefabs are having SI issues for them. Personally, I can't recall the last time I had a prefab collapse. However, I have definitely seen components of the custom cityblocks crumble under the added weight of an entity.

I totally understand. But yeh i dont like collapsing as it is a big fps killer. Now i can go thru the cities min of 20 fps. Now hopefully tfp have found the issue with the zombies which causes alot of the fps issues in the cities and they will be releasing it in 14.5.

Most reasons for collapsing in mine is the terrain filler to i have replaced all tf in my thread with stone. No more collapses there due to tf. Got 1 bloody building that floats still tho lol and i cant work out which building it is haha even going thru each compo building in the editor. But i will find it eventually

This is more an issue relating to the changes TFPs have made to RWG, but has anyone found a town that has a decent fill rate and isn't full of mostly empty blocks? Are the empty towns just part of TFPs 'solution' for the old issue of buildings clipping into each other? My towns also always seem to pull from a selection of prefabs much smaller than what is defined in the mixer. I really miss the densely populated towns, the current ones are empty and very disappointing.

This is more an issue relating to the changes TFPs have made to RWG, but has anyone found a town that has a decent fill rate and isn't full of mostly empty blocks? Are the empty towns just part of TFPs 'solution' for the old issue of buildings clipping into each other? My towns also always seem to pull from a selection of prefabs much smaller than what is defined in the mixer. I really miss the densely populated towns, the current ones are empty and very disappointing.

I believe this issue has been since a13. If there is a min and max value associated with the section the towns are pulling prefabs from. As soon as it hits a certain mac value it stips spawning. Hence why in my thread i have removed max value and probs.

I believe this issue has been since a13. If there is a min and max value associated with the section the towns are pulling prefabs from. As soon as it hits a certain mac value it stips spawning. Hence why in my thread i have removed max value and probs.

I don't use min/max or probability in the prefab ruleset for my towns and I still get rather craptastic towns almost exclusively.

Question, can I add this to an existing random gen, as in, are prefabs generated as towns are explored? Or is everything generated on first start, and I would have to wipe the server to use it?

yes you can just wont spawn in the areas that you have already explored prior to adding this pack :-)

hey magoli ! :) is there a way to make a lite version of the rwgmixer eg: less compo-pack prefabs being placed in major cities for better fps rates ? thanks ! :p

If the FPS-ISSUE dont get fixed by the devs- I feel like I have no other choice !!!

But this would be the last action - I do something to the Pack or the Game !!

Mag

If the FPS-ISSUE dont get fixed by the devs- I feel like I have no other choice !!!

But this would be the last action - I do something to the Pack or the Game !!

Mag

i dont believe it is the pack mags. Unless its purely the stability which causes the collapses.

The zs are def fps killers.

- - - Updated - - -

hey magoli ! :) is there a way to make a lite version of the rwgmixer eg: less compo-pack prefabs being placed in major cities for better fps rates ? thanks ! :p

you could go thru the rwg yourself and remove what you dont want or remove what you dont want in the city.

i dont believe it is the pack mags. Unless its purely the stability which causes the collapses.

The zs are def fps killers.

- - - Updated - - -

you could go thru the rwg yourself and remove what you dont want or remove what you dont want in the city.

Yes - and after that u have to count the prefab-possibilities and change the size of the CommonCitysize to

Prefabs / 4 = Available filled Cityblocks

(1 cityblock consists of 4 45by45 prefabs !)

1 Cityblock is 103*103 blocks !!!

Say U have 24 Available filled Cityblocks - then u can make a city of 4*6 Cityblocks

This means the City have the size of 412by618 blocks (4*103 by 6*103)

Alternative U can divide the 24 in 3*8

Then the Citysize is 309by824 (3*103 by 8*103)

Got it ?? All belongs mainly to the amount of prefabs U want to use.

I personally want the prefab to spawn just only 1 time in one City !!!

I dont like double and tripple-Spawnings !!!

atm I got 120 Prefabs available for CommonCity-Spawning

This means my City can have a max Size of 30 CityBlocks.

I devided the 30 in 5*6

This means the max Size of the Commoncity is 515 by 618 Blocks.

(Sometimes its smaller - then the worldgenerator has screwed up something when building the world !!!)

Lession-end ;)

Mag

yes you can just wont spawn in the areas that you have already explored prior to adding this pack :-)

That's great news, hardly any of the map has been explored and nearly all of 0,0 has, so that'll make things interesting. Thank you for the info!

Is it possible to pick and choose some of the prefabs to use and mix them I with the base ones?

I removed the ones I didn't like from the rwgmixer file but games won't load for me. I get the command console popping up with a lot of things in red. I'd kill for this to have an installer the lets you decide which to install!

Or I should have not stopped looking from the beginning and read the post a couple above this one.

Is it possible to pick and choose some of the prefabs to use and mix them I with the base ones?

I removed the ones I didn't like from the rwgmixer file but games won't load for me. I get the command console popping up with a lot of things in red. I'd kill for this to have an installer the lets you decide which to install!

Or I should have not stopped looking from the beginning and read the post a couple above this one.

An installer with the prefab image on the right, options to decide where the prefab should spawn, min/max, ....

Even with the update 14.5 the cities on my server are way too choppy every time I enter a city the fps drops to 8 or less for at least 1-5 minutes then slowly over time the frame rate picks up and steadys around 15-20 fps. I'm pretty sure it only started when the underground sewer was added but can't be sure on that. I have a 20mb connection with a 980 nvidea and 32 gig of ram. I really don't think this should be happening. I've tried turning off the lights but didn't help much.

Archived