Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Mags can you please go thru and change all terrain filler that is in prefabs. Still causing the same dang issues as a13 and your dang circus lol is a main culprit :-P lol. I change it to stone and wallah it wont collapse anymore.

As a13 a14 still spawns air when using terrain filler and causes prefabs to collapse which in turn also freezes and reduces fps

I was trying to figure out why you seem to have so many issues with terrain fill and I have never had one. My first guess was maybe you were using the old deeper subway tiles that can conflict with bedrock at low elevation hubs and not spawn in the cityblocks. That wasn't it, but while looking at your cityblock I noticed a glaring difference.

Now this is entirely theoretical as I don't have the time to test it right now, but I noticed your custom cityblocks have two rows of sidewalkBlock where it would usually be terrain blocks. I'm not sure what block the terrain filler pulls from but if it tried to reference something that wasn't classified as a terrain block it would likely cause an issue and cascade from there.

I was trying to figure out why you seem to have so many issues with terrain fill and I have never had one. My first guess was maybe you were using the old deeper subway tiles that can conflict with bedrock at low elevation hubs and not spawn in the cityblocks. That wasn't it, but while looking at your cityblock I noticed a glaring difference.

Now this is entirely theoretical as I don't have the time to test it right now, but I noticed your custom cityblocks have two rows of sidewalkBlock where it would usually be terrain blocks. I'm not sure what block the terrain filler pulls from but if it tried to reference something that wasn't classified as a terrain block it would likely cause an issue and cascade from there.

I was wondering this too. I haven't tested it yet either, but when I was troubleshooting the recent FPS issue with the pack I started about 12 new worlds and each world had 1-5 buildings collapse at some point. I didn't make note of them all, but I will some more testing and try and pinpoint these. The circus tent was definitely one of them though.

By the way, the Unofficial XML Fixes 2.93 has a fix for the problem. It changes this:

<block id="667" name="glassCTRSheet">
   <property name="Material" value="glass" />
   <property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
   <property name="Texture" value="241" />
   <property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />
   <property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0.5,0" />
   <property name="Model" value="Entities/Buildings/glass_industrialPrefab" />
   <property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0.5,0" />
   <property name="DescriptionKey" value="glassGroupDesc"/>
   <property class="UpgradeBlock">
       <property name="ToBlock" value="plainWoodWindowPlug" />
       <property name="Item" value="wood" />
       <property name="ItemCount" value="10" />
       <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
   </property>

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
</block>

to this:

<block id="667" name="glassCTRSheet">
   <property name="Material" value="glass" />
   <property name="Shape" value="CubeCutout" />
   <property name="Mesh" value="transparent" />
   <property name="Texture" value="285" />
   <property name="DescriptionKey" value="glassGroupDesc"/>
   <property class="UpgradeBlock">
       <property name="ToBlock" value="plainWoodWindowPlug" />
       <property name="Item" value="wood" />
       <property name="ItemCount" value="10" />
       <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
   </property>
   <drop event="Destroy" name="brokenGlass" count="1,4" />
</block>

I haven't tested it yet (still in the process of updating my mod with the new code), but it looks like it should turn the trick.

Did this for my city went from 10-16 fps to 30 or more. Seems to help alot.

That isnt the issue with collapsing buildings. If a prefab cuts into the 2 rows 1 row of the footpath simply is covered up. Same as the sewer system if a prefab cuts into the wall of the above ground wall it cuts it out and the prefab fits in.

As i have stated the collapsing only occurs on the circus. As if you open it up the center is stone but the remainder is terrain filler. And there is little cages that sit on that so when it spawns it collapses.

Terrain filler has a bug cause when i replaced the terrain filler in the circus with stone the collapsing issue stops.

That isnt the issue with collapsing buildings. If a prefab cuts into the 2 rows 1 row of the footpath simply is covered up. Same as the sewer system if a prefab cuts into the wall of the above ground wall it cuts it out and the prefab fits in.

As i have stated the collapsing only occurs on the circus. As if you open it up the center is stone but the remainder is terrain filler. And there is little cages that sit on that so when it spawns it collapses.

Terrain filler has a bug cause when i replaced the terrain filler in the circus with stone the collapsing issue stops.

Yeah, I fully understand that the circus tent has terrain filler under it and all of its outlying structures. I have always used it that way and have never had it collapse in the countless seeds and hubs I have encountered it in.

I understand that replacing the terrain filler under the structures would prevent the collapse, but it ignores whatever the underlying issue is that causes you and I to have such wildly different experiences when it comes to terrain filler. There almost has to be something identifiable that causes terrain filler to always spawn in for me and not for you.

Worked for me too

Did this for my city went from 10-16 fps to 30 or more. Seems to help alot.

Also did this after I encountered a wilderness POI which took me down to 6 fps. The Prefab is the sandy-beige coloured large-house with cobblestone wall with barbed wire. Logged out right next to it. Had FPS issues while looking at it directly. Logged back in after fix to the same position. Can report that it totally sorted out my fps issues,

Yeah, I fully understand that the circus tent has terrain filler under it and all of its outlying structures. I have always used it that way and have never had it collapse in the countless seeds and hubs I have encountered it in.

I understand that replacing the terrain filler under the structures would prevent the collapse, but it ignores whatever the underlying issue is that causes you and I to have such wildly different experiences when it comes to terrain filler. There almost has to be something identifiable that causes terrain filler to always spawn in for me and not for you.

Well it only occurs on the circus. And it dont matter which city either. I have 4 cities each with diff city blocks. And this not only occurs for me with terrain filler.

Ive made 2 new seeds. Both the Hub city at 0,0 is only 3 blocks wide random gen even.

How do you mean exactly.

Did you copy compo pack prefab folder then open game prefab folder and paste or did you just replace the prefab folder.

Did you replace the game rwgmixer with mags rwg mixer.

Could you please upload your rwgmixer so we can help you sort the issue. Also your outputlog

so is it safe to just use this with 14.3? poor magoli, JUST updated this too

I think so. Just looking at the 14.3 rwgmixer and mag's, it wasnt changed with this update. Im just updating my dedicated server now to see

ahoihoi Survivolanders ;)

ITS UPDATE-TIME:

COMPOPACK_20(for_alpha14.3) IS OUT NOW !!!

As U will see in the Changelog I have put some works on the Terrainfiller and the Groundlevel-basements.

There also was some other bugfixes and optical improvements to some Prefabs.

And yes - the glassCRTsheet is activativated back again :) (and working !!!)

And I have splitted the COMPOPACK and the SCREENSHOTS in 2 several downloads.

to get it go to the OPENING-POST

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK_20(for_alpha_14.3)

TERRAIN/GROUNDLAYER CHANGES:

xcostum_Shrub_Conservatory_city(by_Werewulfen)a13_v1 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_utility_electric_co_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_utility_celltower_01 (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_theater_01(city) (removed ground layer)

xvanilla_store_pharmacy_sm (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_hardware_sm_01 (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_hardware_lg_01 (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_gun_sm (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_gun_lg (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_grocery_lg_city (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_grocery_lg (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_book_sm_01 (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_book_lg (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_store_bank_lg_01 (made the ground nicer)

xcostum_Citymix_08(myh-crema-gupchurch-farmsh1)a13_v1 (tf-repaired)

xcostum_circus(by_magoli)a13_v1 (tf-repaired) (made the ground nicer)

xvanilla_pond02 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_pond01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_housestucco3 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_houseranchwhite1 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_houseranchtan2 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_houseranchtan1 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_houseburnt4_intact (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_burnt_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_blue_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_green_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_tan_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_white_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_trailer_yellow_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_house_new_mansion_03 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_factory_lg_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_factory_lg_02 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_church_graveyard1 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_church_graveyard1(for_CoronadoCity) (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_cemetery_02 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_cemetery_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_carlot_02 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_carlot_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_cabin_06_lg (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_cabin_05_lg (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_bombshelter_lg_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_bombshelter_lg_01(for_CoronadoCity) (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_01 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_02 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_03 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_04 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_05 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_06 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_07 (tf-repaired)

xvanilla_abandoned_house_08 (tf-repaired)

OTHER CHANGES:

- repaired misrotated pipes and reduced the lite lights in xcostum_Asia_Restaurant_city(by_Redlotus)a13_v1

- repaired misrotated pipes and reduced the lite lights in xcostum_Asia_Restaurant(by_Redlotus)a13_v1

- repaired misrotated pipe on wagonroof in xcostum_circus(by_magoli)

- made the entrance walkable in xcostum_CityCombo02(by_Stallionsden)

- changed misrotated cars in xvanilla_houseburnt4

- changed concreteramps to RoadsignPrivate again

- repaired all misrotated bed02 in xvanilla_house_new_mansion_01

- repaired all misrotated bed02 in xvanilla_house_new_mansion_02

- repaired misrotated bed02 in xvanilla_house_new_mansion_03(for_CoronadoCity)

- repaired misrotated bed02 in xvanilla_house_new_mansion_03

- added some stoneborder around the water in xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden)a13_v1

- changed supportbeams to Rebarframes in xcostum_Firewatchtower(by_SciFiFlippa)a13_v1 (and repaired the upwalk)

- removed xvanilla_store_grocery_lg_city(for_CoronadoCity) (double/same/twice)

- removed misrotated chests and made groundlayer nicer in xcostum_kwikemart(by_magoli)(ctownhub)a13_v1

- removed misrotated chests and made groundlayer nicer in xcostum_kwikemart(by_magoli)a13_v1

- removed misrotated chests and made groundlayer nicer in xcostum_kwikemartcity(by_magoli)a13_v1

- rotated cityspawning of xcostum_Citymix_13(CarDealer-Pawnshop-storagesm-gar)a13_v1 to 3 instead of 0

- repaired and readded xcostum_Citymix_10(scilab-firewatcht-stayouth)a13_v1 to spawn in CommonCity again

- repaired and readded xcostum_Science_lab(by_kinklade)a13_v1 to spawn in rural,town and wilderness again

- removed xrm_Science_lab(by_kinklade) (placeholder is xcustom_Science_lab(by_kinklade) )

- added (switched) Pikero's new version of the SlumsHub 1.12a (a14.2)

- added (switched) Slaan's new version of the Sewer&Subway-CityBlocks

- reseted rotation of air in all prefabs to zero

- reseted densities in all Prefabs to zero

- renamed all the custom-prefabs - this means I removed all the version#-endings (to make things easier in future)

- switched back block1531 (rScrapIronWindowPlug06CTRPlate) to block667 (glassCTRSheet)

Magoli

2016-apr-03

bout damn time lol jk you the man mag, keep up the great work havent tried out the A14.x version yet trying the redone nazegane map. How it this working compared to the A13.x versions anyways?

I recommend to startup a new world, when u install a new CP-version.

This makes sure that all will be how its should be.

Does anyone know the name of the orange and green trains? We're getting a def fps drop with them. Didn't see them in the screenshots. Thanks!

Thats the CityBlock-Prefabs from Slaan. They also contain a whole Sewer and subway-system. Just cool !!!

Mag

Love this Mod, but it is killing my FPS on the server. I guess I need to update the server, it's linux and I just threw it together for 7days with scrap parts around, it was running vanilla ok, but now with this Mod, no way. The city is great, but killing us with lag.

Yeah they are cool as ♥♥♥♥, but when we look at them our fps goes from 60 to 17 on a dedicated MP linux server 64 bit. Hate to run vanilla so always working to run your mods without drops.

surjin

You could try smashing every light you come across, there are a few blocks that hurt FPS, lighting and shower glass for example.

Kill all the lights and you should see improvement in FPS.

Easy to test, just put down a heap of torches or candles in your base and watch the frames drop lol.

maybe one day we can get a pack without lights in it. would be nice. ill take darkness over ♥♥♥♥ty frames any day.

I agree! i've never been able to figure out how or why they add electric items, very strange. Not like there is a power station still working ;)

maybe one day we can get a pack without lights in it. would be nice. ill take darkness over ♥♥♥♥ty frames any day.

If you want to turn all the lights out here’s what I did. Replace all the block code for lights with this

<property name="Material" value="air" />
       <property name="Shape" value="Invisible" />
       <property name="Texture" value="250" />
   </block>

The light block numbers are 316-326, 364, 1551. This doesn’t seem to give as big of FPS boost as it did in 13 but it still helps.There does still seem to be something causing a serous frame drop but I haven’t had time to try and track down the POI/Block causing it.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived