Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I need to replace the files in data/prefabs?

I'm asking it cause I cant made download from Dropbox directly to my VPS =D

Any way, thanks for the quick help in made the adaptation.

U need to add my Prefabs to the existing Vanilla Ones (No Prefab will be overwritten - I use my own Custom-Prefab only !!!)

And U have to replace the old rwgmixer.xml with mine.

Its all in the Discribtion-text

Mag

Off-topic; anyone know which prefab is the log cabin with snow under it? Seem to be seeing it in every stinking biome and not just the snow biome.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- let it snow let it snow.

could it be:

xvanilla_cabin_snow_hidden_01

???

Mag

Hey everyone, new to the forums but a huge fan of the mods (especially this one - thanks Mags for putting this all together). I had a question about the updated one for A14 though:

I know generally you have to start a new game when introducing a mod, but does that still apply when going from the mod for A13.8 to A14? I would test it myself but I won't have the opportunity until the end of the week.

Thanks in advance, and again, great job with the compo-pack!

Hey everyone, new to the forums but a huge fan of the mods (especially this one - thanks Mags for putting this all together). I had a question about the updated one for A14 though:

I know generally you have to start a new game when introducing a mod, but does that still apply when going from the mod for A13.8 to A14? I would test it myself but I won't have the opportunity until the end of the week.

Thanks in advance, and again, great job with the compo-pack!

If you had mapped regions, then you will want to wipe. The update will only apply to newly-generated regions.

I've been out of touch with 7 Days as of late, but think I can finally get back into prefabs and modding a bit now. After installing the Compo Pack I noticed there weren't a lot of random POIs. I did see them in the cities fine, but not very many out in the open areas like there used to be. Has something changed and this was intended or is it just my luck that I don't find very many?

I've been out of touch with 7 Days as of late, but think I can finally get back into prefabs and modding a bit now. After installing the Compo Pack I noticed there weren't a lot of random POIs. I did see them in the cities fine, but not very many out in the open areas like there used to be. Has something changed and this was intended or is it just my luck that I don't find very many?

Nice to hear you have some time for Prefabbing.

The amount of wilderness-POI's was reuduced in COMPOPACK17 (by me !!).

I dont wanted to have a wilderness-spawn near the next One !!!

I like it how it is now !!! Especially the Prefab-randomness is now nearly Perfect.

The new child of Angerness are the Towns now.

I could cry everytime I see One of them.

I miss the Towns I knew from A10.

Nice to hear you have some time for Prefabbing.

The amount of wilderness-POI's was reuduced in COMPOPACK17 (by me !!).

I dont wanted to have a wilderness-spawn near the next One !!!

I like it how it is now !!! Especially the Prefab-randomness is now nearly Perfect.

The new child of Angerness are the Towns now.

I could cry everytime I see One of them.

I miss the Towns I knew from A10.

Ah, that explains it as I didn't play much with A13 or CompoPack17. Good to know you changed it and it wasn't just something wrong. Appreciate all the work you do.

I noticed the towns weren't quite as clean as they used to be. I won't say I am that disappointed in them though. While they do seem a little awkward, I don't think they are bad at all.

The thread i have uses biome spawning thanks to stompynz. In a13 it would place pois inside each other cut into another poi. What i have found in a14 is they are better spaced out. I have come across 1 in the games i played so far that cut into another. But not since a14.0.

Mags not trying to hijack your thread and advert mine. Merely suggesting maybe trying in a14 as the mechanics of the engine seemed far more improved.

Btw your custom town looks great. Do they work like cities for eg. Trying what we spoke bout a little while back on steam. Maybe using cityblock method.

Huge Lag and performance drop in random gen towns

@Magoli

I just loaded up a14.2 and compo pack the performance in towns is horrendous. NavezGane is running a smooth 60fps and in the prefab towns I am dropping to as low as 3 fps. Is there a prefab specifically causing the issue that I can remove or is there any other fixes?

@Magoli

I just loaded up a14.2 and compo pack the performance in towns is horrendous. NavezGane is running a smooth 60fps and in the prefab towns I am dropping to as low as 3 fps. Is there a prefab specifically causing the issue that I can remove or is there any other fixes?

+1 here. Getting around 35-40 FPS outside big hub cities, but going down to 5 FPS within those cities. I can still lower my settings, in any case.

I have the latest nvidia drivers, and I am running GTX970

+1 here. Getting around 35-40 FPS outside big hub cities, but going down to 5 FPS within those cities. I can still lower my settings, in any case.

I have the latest nvidia drivers, and I am running GTX970

Yeah I just moved my self to the wasteland and came across 1 prefab and it dropped me to 3 fps again. Something isnt kosher quite yet. Love your pack and my players really want those prefabs so I will keep checking in to see if this issue has been fixed. Until then it Navez FTW lol

Yeah I just moved my self to the wasteland and came across 1 prefab and it dropped me to 3 fps again. Something isnt kosher quite yet. Love your pack and my players really want those prefabs so I will keep checking in to see if this issue has been fixed. Until then it Navez FTW lol

No, we dont experience drops with POIs. Only when in the "big city hub".

POIs outside towns, and even small towns, are OK so far.

No, we dont experience drops with POIs. Only when in the "big city hub".

POIs outside towns, and even small towns, are OK so far.

keep looking around aregos the lag I experienced it first in a major city but then went outside the city and just one started to load in and instantly tanked fps to 3. I also found some prefabs that arent causing fps drop at all. So i am thinking it has to do with ones that have "entities" (zombies) built in.

Might be good to get a screen shot or at least some description of the POI's you specifically noticed this issue with.

I am sure it would help Mag narrow down the reason, as well as get others to validate that specific POI's are the issue.

The only place I have noticed issues is in the big city, but I am also using the Mega City pack which uses the compo-pack.

I had assumed the problem was just the big city or the skyscrapers.

I have noticed a bit of slow down also. I have also noticed some of the pipes being turned the wrong way in my Asian Restaurant prefab that is in the CompoPack. They are in the very back, I noticed they were also flickering which made me question them also. It may or may not have something to do with the fps drop, but I doubt it. Usually it was the lighting in the past, but things may have changed and that may not be an issue anymore.

Next time I hit the city, I'll take note of what's taking a long time to load.

heya guys

Yes - its true - the performance in the City is bad.

My suggestion:

The Theme Performance becomes a bigger and bigger problem every alpha.

The devs try to gather memory from where they can (they removed many,many Undergroundterreinlayers , removed Prefabs from Townspawning , removed fog , overdone trees and plants , rewrote whole algorythms , decreased the amount of zeds in the area , and and and ....)

The new HD-textures and animations also needs some extra-memory.

The devs tested the performance with their few wasty Vanilla-POI's - and gave the world enough performance to handle just with theirs.

But when the Cities consists of millions of custom-setted-blocks (scyscrapers and a 20 deep subway-system)

it is simply to much to handle for the corecode !!!

IMO there is not enough performance left to handle also the COMPOPACK.

Perhaps its simply a few blocks (lights, torchlights , glasses or whatever) the game has problems with ??!! IDK !!!

Perhaps I have to remove half of the Prefabs from pack !? IDK !!!

I havent tested 14.2 yet - but it seems the problem is still actual.

So - I ask U:

what should I do now ????

Perhaps it becomes better in next updates - so the CP is playable like we are used to !

Or it becomes even bader - so the performance-resources will not allow other extra-stuff than Vanilla ! This is also possible !

Will there be enough performance for mods and/or extensions, when the devs has added NPCs - electricity - quests ?????????????

(Iam very very courious about that !!!)

right now iam pretty puzzled

Mag

If I remember reading right, MadMole said Occlusion was being worked on but is not yet in the game.

That would do a great amount for this issue.

Its like the game is trying to render everything, even stuff you cannot view.

Think this is it. Occlusion

Thx for the info

Compo pack 18 is uploaded to my site:

http://7days2mod.com/Compo/18/_prefabs

http://7days2mod.com/Compo/18/_rwgmixer

Has the size and height info from hals editor included and the blocks info for each prefab in the details page.

I've also included Mags screenshots on the prefab details page (some still need renaming to match the prefab file name, got about half way on that last night)

Me and 7 friends on a hosted dedicated box we're using were averaging 89-140fps everywhere. After adding this pack, we literally get 1-5 fps around any of the prefabs from the pack, especially the Space Needle.

It probably doesn't help that the people who made these got REALLY light happy. In an older version of this pack and the game, we went around a city destroying literally every single electric light we could, and it solved our frame rate issue.

That space needle by itself had 6 light bulbs in a row right next to each other at the base, and 20+ lights up the staircase and at the top area. I wouldn't mind a version of the pack without any lights, however, it seems more severe now than it was before, as destroying lights in this version is hardly fixing the frame issue.

I think I found the issue for me it is just one POI that I noticed so far that is causing issues. I found it on a group of 3 buildings and when I looked at it I dropped from 60fps to 3fps when it was not on my screen it went back to 60fps.

The POI name is xcostum_Haulier_lg(by_Limodor)a12_v1

Now there may be others but this is definitely one that is causing me issues.

Screen shot of it.

If anyone else can verify this one causes fps drops for you too please let me know.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived