Compo-Pack for Random Gen

ahoihoi people

Just wanted to let u now:

COMPOPACK-18 (for alpha 14.0) IS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I make it short:

- many old Block-ID's has changed or have been removed

- The original vanilla rwgmixer.xml has no changes except some new Vanilla-Prefabs were added.

This means: There are no changes on the worldspawning.

- I did some bugfixes on some Prefabs (Rotations,Heigths-yoffset,Blocks)

- The Common-Cities are bigger now

- There is a brandnew Custom-Hub: A 200by200 Town (thats how the Township-Towns should look like !!!)

- Township: TownLarge and Township:Rural are still not activeted

- Sometimes whole Hubs/Towns are spawning underwater. Thats not my fault. Its the engine behind the rwgmixer that does that !

- I had extremly low fps in the Common-main-city - about 23fps - 13 when moving !!!

to get go to the OpeningPost by clickin HERE

here is the detailed Changelog:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK_18:

changed 27 blocks-ID's to get rid of the nullreference-blocks (because some blocks are gone now / some have changed ID)

changed "donotuse"-signblock to "blueMetalPlate"-block and fixed most misrotating

bugfix: changed yoffset to -1 in "xcostum_house4(by_Curbolt)a13_v1"

bugfix: changed yoffset to -1 in "xcostum_CityCombo18(by_Stallionsden)a13_v1"

bugfix: changed rotation on all terrain-blocks (=earths-blocks) to zero

change: removed the_Mill_Hub ("xcostum_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1)a13_v1" spawns now in wilderness again! )

change: removed Shoppingcenter_Mall_hub ("xcostum_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)a13_v1" spawns now in wilderness again! )

change: removed Shoppingcenter_Shops_hub ("xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a13_v1" spawns now in wilderness again! )

change: overdone terrain of "xcostum_House(by_ShoNuff)a13_v1" - (its now a mixture of grass and terrainfiller! )

bugfix: removed 1groundlayer, so yoffset -1 in "xcostum_basketball_arena(by_LowfDog)a13_v1" is now OK!

bugfix: changed all densities to zero (except air=127 !!)

new: designed a custom-Town_Hub (because the real Towns still almost empty !!)

BLOCK-FIXES in:

xcostum_Brownstones_House(by_Laz_Man)a13_v1 (mattress')

xcostum_Polarstation(by_magoli)a13_v1 (pipecurves)

xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)a13_v1 (removed some torches,pipes)

NEW PREFABS:

xvanilla_store_bank_lg_01

xvanilla_settlement_01

xvanilla_carlot_01

xvanilla_carlot_02

xvanilla_cemetery_01

xvanilla_cemetery_02

xvanilla_diner_01

xvanilla_diner_02

xvanilla_housestucco3

xvanilla_utility_celltower_01

xvanilla_utility_celltower_02

xvanilla_utility_celltower_02_city

xvanilla_utility_electric_co_01

xcostum_Citymix_16(Curboldhouse_4and7)a13_v1

xvanilla_parking_lot_01_city

xvanilla_parking_lot_02_city

xvanilla_parking_lot_03_city

Magoli

2016-mar-27

have fun ;)

hey modders

here is the Block-ID's changetable:

There are more Block-changes - but this ones are relevant for the Prefabs in CP17/18

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njdtrhz1q78pn8k/Blockchangetable%20%28A13%20to%20A14%29.ods?dl=0

(U need OpenOffice to open this file - or a editor that can handle ods-files)

following BlockID's have changed/removed, but dont have any impact of the Prefabs in CP:

1134!

(these are the old A13-block-ID's)

Mag

Pardon me for kicking down the door with a 0 post count, but I just fired up a new A14 world and seem to have a few prefab issues that may be worth mentioning (assuming it's not just me :apthy:)

- The greenMetalBlock (1263) pieces making up train cars found on elevated rail sections seem to be bugging out. If I so much as walk on top of a train, each piece not directly supported will collapse. (Screenshot 1) I also cannot place a new greenMetalBlock atop these train cars without the newly placed block breaking. Elsewhere, these blocks work as expected. (Screenshot 2) I believe the relevant prefab is x_custom_subwaycart_a13.

- Also regarding the train/subway stuff, I stepped on a railingBlackSheet (723) under an overpass, and Screenshot 3 happened. In this case, I believe the relevant file is x_custom_subwaycitytile_intersection_bridge_a13.

(I applied the latest XML fixes before starting this world, and again, it may be something I brought upon myself.)

Thanks so much for all the hard work compiling this pack, and to the modelers who put these prefabs together! Totally blew my mind that you had an A14 update out so fast :topsy_turvy:

20160327220932_1.jpg.e14ad186d901a0a33816e8d665edfcfb.jpg

20160327220615_1.thumb.jpg.8afa6a10cf0a8ad86c2206ebf536f89d.jpg

20160327220837_1.jpg.0e36fd75549a4e4e713af25406d64994.jpg

Edited by zyxw (see edit history)
Pardon me for kicking down the door with a 0 post count, but I just fired up a new A14 world and seem to have a few prefab issues that may be worth mentioning (assuming it's not just me :apthy:)

- The greenMetalBlock (1263) pieces making up train cars found on elevated rail sections seem to be bugging out. If I so much as walk on top of a train, each piece not directly supported will collapse. (Screenshot 1) I also cannot place a new greenMetalBlock atop these train cars without the newly placed block breaking. Elsewhere, these blocks work as expected. (Screenshot 2) I believe the relevant prefab is x_custom_subwaycart_a13.

- Also regarding the train/subway stuff, I stepped on a railingBlackSheet (723) under an overpass, and Screenshot 3 happened. In this case, I believe the relevant file is x_custom_subwaycitytile_intersection_bridge_a13.

(I applied the latest XML fixes before starting this world, and again, it may be something I brought upon myself.)

Thanks so much for all the hard work compiling this pack, and to the modelers who put these prefabs together! Totally blew my mind that you had an A14 update out so fast :topsy_turvy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13862[/ATTACH]

Find the corresponding material by finding in blocks xml then the associated material then go to materials.xml and increase the si and strength of said block

Find the corresponding material by finding in blocks xml then the associated material then go to materials.xml and increase the si and strength of said block

Thanks for the pointer - just looked into that and did some quick comparisons via. http://7d2d.rocks/xml-defaults.php. greenMetalBlock extends metalNoUpgradeMaster, which is made of "metal." This is unchanged from A13 (when greenMetalBlock was greenMetalRoof and did not extend another block), and metal's params also seem to be the same as A13. I'll probably end up experimenting with different metal variants instead of making such a radical edit as strengthening "metal."

Still feels fishy though, which is why I brought it up.

Thanks for the pointer - just looked into that and did some quick comparisons via. http://7d2d.rocks/xml-defaults.php. greenMetalBlock extends metalNoUpgradeMaster, which is made of "metal." This is unchanged from A13 (when greenMetalBlock was greenMetalRoof and did not extend another block), and metal's params also seem to be the same as A13. I'll probably end up experimenting with different metal variants instead of making such a radical edit as strengthening "metal."

Still feels fishy though, which is why I brought it up.

Nah its the engine the si sucks severely esp for us prefabbers. But best to strengthen it i give all materials i use a stability glue of 400. And hardness of 10000 same as bedrock.

Or deal with a collapsing roof unfortunately

Nah its the engine the si sucks severely esp for us prefabbers. But best to strengthen it i give all materials i use a stability glue of 400. And hardness of 10000 same as bedrock.

Or deal with a collapsing roof unfortunately

I'll hold this lesson close to my heart when I inevitably start some prefabs of my own in the near future. :)

A little more tinkering showed the blocks in question start to fall to pieces above a certain height off the ground, and that the grate(s) that are collapsing simply have no neighboring blocks - they're occupying the lowermost area of the block above the surrounding road. I'm going to make the wildly under-informed assumption that both of these things are the result of things buried in that massive A14 changelog, and move along so that the awesomeness which is this thread may continue. :tongue-new:

I'll hold this lesson close to my heart when I inevitably start some prefabs of my own in the near future. :)

A little more tinkering showed the blocks in question start to fall to pieces above a certain height off the ground, and that the grate(s) that are collapsing simply have no neighboring blocks - they're occupying the lowermost area of the block above the surrounding road. I'm going to make the wildly under-informed assumption that both of these things are the result of things buried in that massive A14 changelog, and move along so that the awesomeness which is this thread may continue. :tongue-new:

If you do prefab. Do double floors or triple floors. With triple floors use bridge_metal as the middle layer with flooring on top and roof under. This also strengthens the si.

Do this test: dig a square down to bedbrock so 4 sides are not connected to the rest of the ground then dig under the square area your trying to remove. A few parts will fall but the bulk will stay. I believe this is cause of the many different types of terrain. You can replicate this by building also by connecting 2 or 3 layers of blocks instead of 1.

Another way is to use concrete two seperate tests. 2. Build 1 row x 4 blocks high then 1 row wide and connect 10 blocks then for the second part do 5 blocks high and 2 rows 1 under the other by 10 long walk on the first one note where it starts to collapse. Then walk on the second one and note if it collapses or not.

hey Stalli

"If you do prefab. Do double floors or triple floors. With triple floors use bridge_metal as the middle layer with flooring on top and roof under. This also strengthens the si. "

YES - THIS IS THE GOLDEN TIP !!! :)

2 or 3 -layer-Ceilings will stabilize the structure. (I hardly learned this myself)

The biggest SI-Wonder is the Basketballarena from LowfDog

I wonder myself everytime how this monster can hold - LOL

cya around folks

Mag

hey Stalli

"If you do prefab. Do double floors or triple floors. With triple floors use bridge_metal as the middle layer with flooring on top and roof under. This also strengthens the si. "

YES - THIS IS THE GOLDEN TIP !!! :)

2 or 3 -layer-Ceilings will stabilize the structure. (I hardly learned this myself)

The biggest SI-Wonder is the Basketballarena from LowfDog

I wonder myself everytime how this monster can hold - LOL

cya around folks

Mag

You and me both Mags lol haha. Black magic, Voodoo, Some invisible staples lol haha. But Lowfdog will turn into a z before he reveals his secret lolz :-P actually that b a great quest lol bahahahaha get the secret off of lowfdog bfore h turns to a z :-P

thats the ranger station

No - its the Fitewatchtower

(Ranger-Station is a Wooden 2 floor-house - a Vanilla Prefab)

I have to check it. In A13 this Poles used to be RebarFrameRamps.

It could be I oversaw this BlockID.

But IMO no Gamebreaker - it will be good in the next CP (hopefully with Slaan`s new Sewer&Subway's) :)

Mag

No - its the Fitewatchtower

(Ranger-Station is a Wooden 2 floor-house - a Vanilla Prefab)

I have to check it. In A13 this Poles used to be RebarFrameRamps.

It could be I oversaw this BlockID.

But IMO no Gamebreaker - it will be good in the next CP (hopefully with Slaan`s new Sewer&Subway's) :)

Mag

Thats what I said lol :-D

• Roland locked this topic