Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

The pack includes the sewers now right? Is the city at a very low elevation? if the map says height -20 or something like that you will be missing the cityblock prefabs. You could fix it by deleting the region files for the city and changing the cityblocks back to the original ones then mapping out the city, after that you can change back to the sewers cityblocks for the next cities you explore :)

Cities spawn all prefabs 1 block higher with the expectation that the cityblock prefabs will fill that gap, so when they fail everything floats if it doesn't have a sub 0 layer

I have no idea what you are talking about Stompy. Only this ONE small city is doing it, the rest are fine. I don't write code, so your explanation is over my head. Thanks anyway.

I have no idea what you are talking about Stompy. Only this ONE small city is doing it, the rest are fine. I don't write code, so your explanation is over my head. Thanks anyway.

The sewers require 45 blocks (approx) for them to spawn, and with 13.6 the minimum number of layers before you hit bedrock changed from 60ish to about 30. So now if a city hub spawns at a very low elevation the subway/sewer cityblock prefabs will not spawn. Same thing happens with very tall buildings when the hub is at a very high elevation, and you get an empty lot as a result. Thats why you wont see sky scrapers in the snow biome as there's only about 55 layers before the limit is hit.

The problem with the sewers not spawning in a hub is that due to the 1 block higher spawning of the prefabs there is a gap under them as a result. You can notice this is happening by the fact there will be no curbs along the sides of the roads. If you look in the map screen you will see your height is around -20 to -30.

The sewers require 45 blocks (approx) for them to spawn, and with 13.6 the minimum number of layers before you hit bedrock changed from 60ish to about 30. So now if a city hub spawns at a very low elevation the subway/sewer cityblock prefabs will not spawn. Same thing happens with very tall buildings when the hub is at a very high elevation, and you get an empty lot as a result. Thats why you wont see sky scrapers in the snow biome as there's only about 55 layers before the limit is hit.

The problem with the sewers not spawning in a hub is that due to the 1 block higher spawning of the prefabs there is a gap under them as a result. You can notice this is happening by the fact there will be no curbs along the sides of the roads. If you look in the map screen you will see your height is around -20 to -30.

I know mags reduced the sewers/subway but not as much as I did so still could be causing an issue

What you trying to get to work?
I was trying to install the mod on my server and was having trouble but I figured it out. Their was a "blocks" xml in the prefab foulder in the install files and I though I needed to overwright that file over the old blocks file. After my 5th try I didnt add that file and then it worked like a charm

Hi, as I mention my problem. I fully installed this way but since I've installed noticed more zombies than usual does this have to do with the mod? and other question is, there a way to change?

Sorry for my bad english to..

also of the prefabs included have spawnpoints and set zombies they chould have been added in a way that is a little more intense than your used to :)

Radical idea, assuming 1) There's nothing you want to keep around it, and 2) You don't mind weird terrain matching.

Find the regions the town is in, delete JUST THOSE REGIONS, start a NEW seed that has something similar, and copy those region files in the place of the ones you deleted. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll more or less match.

I've done that...wasn't 13 supposed to be more mod-friendly?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- a radical idea

Hi Magoil

just an fyi the radio tower/air traffic controll tower ( one with orange roof) looks liek this on map

Capture.JPG.49f508ba3bd98e80d0140079404d08eb.JPG

has some SI issues thin the upper part of tower needs some support, a player made a base out of it and part of the outer shell collapsed

Thanks , im trying to go thought the screenshots to idetify it better for you

Hi Magoil

just an fyi the radio tower/air traffic controll tower ( one with orange roof) looks liek this on map

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13366[/ATTACH]

has some SI issues thin the upper part of tower needs some support, a player made a base out of it and part of the outer shell collapsed

Or you can up the si and strength of the blocks used in the prefabs via the materials.xml

yes nice workaround but dont want to adjust the si thoughout the game for 1 prefab :)

Yeh i know. I normally change the si and strength on certain blocks cause of the issues. So every update i go thru the materials.xml. i also use bridgemetalrivet as the middle layer of the walls. So i would have 3 layers to the walls and 3 layers to the floors. Also doubling the floor level strengthens it to. Ie:

Walls:

C - concrete

M - bridgemetalrivet

CMC

CMC

CMC

CMC

Floors:

CCCCCCCC

MMMMMMM

CCCCCCCCC

Hi Magoil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13366[/ATTACH]

thx for the info - I will check this Prefab. But I dont will do si-changes on the blocks !!!

Overall I give no more spawning-support for a13.8 !!!

Its a buggy version with tons of Issues in gameplay, spawning, and performance.

Without clockworks bugfixes its unplayable IMO !!!

If the Pimps have told the truthee - In maximum 4 days A14 comes out !!!

When a14 is out - a new CP will follow soon the next day !!!

Mag

thx for the info - I will check this Prefab. But I dont will do si-changes on the blocks !!!

Overall I give no more spawning-support for a13.8 !!!

Its a buggy version with tons of Issues in gameplay, spawning, and performance.

Without clockworks bugfixes its unplayable IMO !!!

If the Pimps have told the truthee - In maximum 4 days A14 comes out !!!

When a14 is out - a new CP will follow soon the next day !!!

Mag

Hey Mags, this is by far the worst release in my opinion also. And it works horribly with the CP. 75% of my cities are floating and the biome spawning is horrific, Huge chunks of desert, Huge chunks of pine forest and little patches of everything else in between. Can you make sure with the next release that any floating issues are fixed purty please :) Thanks so much for all you do

Some of these issues are not mags fault the game seems to have trouble with the bubbles that are supposed to keep all the buildings smooth with the ground. Even vanilla has issues with things like buildings floating etc. I do hope A14 does not put to much strain on how much work he has to do to fix his combo pack. The game is to bland without it. Hell the devs should add them to the game by default lol.

Some of these issues are not mags fault the game seems to have trouble with the bubbles that are supposed to keep all the buildings smooth with the ground. Even vanilla has issues with things like buildings floating etc. I do hope A14 does not put to much strain on how much work he has to do to fix his combo pack. The game is to bland without it. Hell the devs should add them to the game by default lol.

I never said it was Mags fault. Please read where I agreed with him about this being the worst release. I meant A 13.8

guys i would like a little advice? this prefab pack is amazing.Adds alot more immersion to it! however when i go to a city or town most of the buildings are floating or sinking into the ground and half the building is missing am i doing someone wrong when installing this prefab pack? thanks in advance!

guys i would like a little advice? this prefab pack is amazing.Adds alot more immersion to it! however when i go to a city or town most of the buildings are floating or sinking into the ground and half the building is missing am i doing someone wrong when installing this prefab pack? thanks in advance!

Does it happen every times ?

A picture would be fine. But anyway:

No I think its not your fault. As far I can tell from here.

On some worlds the random-world-generator-engine make strange thinks (like u discribed above)

And also the engine that detects and switches the Terrain-filler to the ordinary landscape around prefabs is buggy sometimes.

This causes the prefabs to float one block above ground. I discribed that problem in detail earlier.

The Problem with empty slots in towns is well known to us.

The problem with empty slots in cities: Dont know what it is ! - Sometimes all cities are filled 100% - sometimes just 95%

Mag

Floating buildings in the city are 'probably' due to the current version of the cityblocks still clipping into the bedrock layers and not spawning, I know mag did edit them to be more user friendly but they may still need a few layers shaved off. This won't happen once I finish the new set which have all the yummy sewer goodness and more crammed into 25 layers beneath the ground.

Empty lots in the city are 'probably' the opposite of what I just mentioned, the taller buildings clipping past the top sky layer and not spawning, for setting up a dedicated server I would strongly recommend checking the hubs and such before you open the doors and spend some time tracking down a decent seed.

Floating buildings in the city are 'probably' due to the current version of the cityblocks still clipping into the bedrock layers and not spawning, I know mag did edit them to be more user friendly but they may still need a few layers shaved off. This won't happen once I finish the new set which have all the yummy sewer goodness and more crammed into 25 layers beneath the ground.

Empty lots in the city are 'probably' the opposite of what I just mentioned, the taller buildings clipping past the top sky layer and not spawning, for setting up a dedicated server I would strongly recommend checking the hubs and such before you open the doors and spend some time tracking down a decent seed.

yeah - very good thoughts Slaani-babe

+1

@Magoli - Hi Magoli :) I try downloading the mod but after clicking download on enbot the link says "Connection could not be established as enbot took to long to respond" http://www.enbot.org/ius/game-mods/7-days-to-die/compo_pack_17-54.zip doesn't connect. Is that an issue with envul/enbot? I tried in Chrome and IE. My internet connection is life and working fine.

P.S: I just tried to download another mod from the envul site and same result so I think the issue might be on their site.

@Magoli - Hi Magoli :) I try downloading the mod but after clicking download on enbot the link says "Connection could not be established as enbot took to long to respond" http://www.enbot.org/ius/game-mods/7-days-to-die/compo_pack_17-54.zip doesn't connect. Is that an issue with envul/enbot? I tried in Chrome and IE. My internet connection is life and working fine.

P.S: I just tried to download another mod from the envul site and same result so I think the issue might be on their site.

Hmm thats strange kickz I just downloaded it fine, PM me if you want me to upload it somewhere else right away for you. just seen it was a post from 5 hours ago maybe it was fixed

• Roland locked this topic

Archived