Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

the position is the number of cells, with 0,0 being the central hub cell. Each cell can only have 1 hub.

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="16" cell_size="1600" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="12000">

<cell_rule name="TWD_PrisonHub" position="2,2" prob="0"/>

The highlighted parts are the relevant bits.

2,2 would be 1600*2 east and north (negatives are west and south)

The offset is a ratio of the cell size that the hub can be centered from the middle of the cell. So 1600 * 0.6.

2,2 would be within roughly 500 blocks of 3200 north and 3200 south. If you want to be sure to find it at exactly 3200,3200 then set the offset to 0.

The prob values are explained in detail here, however if a cell_rule has a position attribute then it will be spawned at that location regardless of what the prob value is set to. If it's listed before or after any cell rules with a prob > 0 and it has a prob=0 for itself then it wont spawn anywhere except at the position.

Argh stupid me lol was thinking he was having errors and not able to get the pack to show up urgh. Sorry vosszaa and thanks StompyNZ

2,2 would be within roughly 500 blocks of 3200 north and 3200 south. If you want to be sure to find it at exactly 3200,3200 then set the offset to 0

Ive been looking around 1000 instead of 3200. will check again

EDIT: Yep, they both spawn around 3200, not 1000. Thanks for the help guys especially Stompy

I'll also say this (which is unnecessary to say because well...)

I'm not considered the "prefab guru"; however, I usually help arrive at a solution through mistakes and insight with such players as Magoli, Laz_man, stallionsden, StompyNZ, and others.

My apologies for leaving anyone out; my advice is this:

Wait for A14 as it was promised this month and see if it addresses hub layout issues, prefab and world generation as well as a change to the rwgmixer (similar to the fact they sprung a new way of generating worlds by making the rwgmixer less mod-friendly...which ran counter to previous statements of making it more mod-friendly).

For now I am working on fleshing out lines of blocks as well as individual paths for these lines).

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- which old witch? the wicked witch

Oh man , where was my head !!!!

Its ofc how Stompy descibed it. Its not 512 for each cell. Its 1600 !!!!

I was in Nava with my head. Sry for my disinformation vosszaa. Stupid me.

And the building above is supposed to be so !!!

Its called Collapsed building, and only appears in wastycity.

Mag

I m absolutely serious; if you give me your output_log.txt I may be able to solve the problem.

Sorry, been trying to get the issue to happen again, it seems to happen mostly when one person is in the sewers and the other is moving around in the city above, here's a screenshot of the approx area (im not familiar with all the names of the cities/prefabs)

x5oEDKw.jpg

It seems u are using another mod !

Anyway, what should be the error in this pic funionz ? Cant see any stranger here, except the gui

Mag

Vanilla, with the compo pack. No other mod (other than my GUI)

Error isn't in this picture as i've said i've been trying to re-create it, the same error I posted before

Hi Mags,

I was wondering if you had a quick fix for a problem I have. I loaded the latest Compo pack and my seed is pretty good but I have one smallish "hub" city where all the buildings are one block above ground. It's only that one city, is there a quick fix for this? I already tried deleting the region and didn't think that would work but tried anyway, same issue when it respawned.

Radical idea, assuming 1) There's nothing you want to keep around it, and 2) You don't mind weird terrain matching.

Find the regions the town is in, delete JUST THOSE REGIONS, start a NEW seed that has something similar, and copy those region files in the place of the ones you deleted. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll more or less match.

Hi Mags,

I was wondering if you had a quick fix for a problem I have. I loaded the latest Compo pack and my seed is pretty good but I have one smallish "hub" city where all the buildings are one block above ground. It's only that one city, is there a quick fix for this? I already tried deleting the region and didn't think that would work but tried anyway, same issue when it respawned.

The pack includes the sewers now right? Is the city at a very low elevation? if the map says height -20 or something like that you will be missing the cityblock prefabs. You could fix it by deleting the region files for the city and changing the cityblocks back to the original ones then mapping out the city, after that you can change back to the sewers cityblocks for the next cities you explore :)

Cities spawn all prefabs 1 block higher with the expectation that the cityblock prefabs will fill that gap, so when they fail everything floats if it doesn't have a sub 0 layer

Archived