Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

vfv5QYb.jpg

Any ideas on this error? Server runs just fine, friend tries to connect, then my console will randomly drop down with this message and my mouse cursor disappears and he can't interact with any container until I reboot the server. Only happens in this particular large town from the pack

Had something similar occur once when I didn't reset the file permissions after updating. I copy everything over with root, but then need to change most of them to sdtd:sdtd for ownder:group in order for the server to run properly. (I'm using Alloc's build, so the user the server runs under is sdtd. Your user may vary.) (Also, I'm assuming Linux dedi there, Windowz may be different.)

vfv5QYb.jpg

Any ideas on this error? Server runs just fine, friend tries to connect, then my console will randomly drop down with this message and my mouse cursor disappears and he can't interact with any container until I reboot the server. Only happens in this particular large town from the pack

WOW - never saw this error before.

It seems it has something to do with the server-updating.

But I have no clue what u could do here.

In many times a new Installation will solve most of the Issues

@Tahoenvy:

Yes - WTC is named just "Skyskraper" now.

I'm sure this has been asked near a hundred times but could anyone point me to a thread explaining on how to get these map packs and mods in general installed on a Dedicated server or just let me know how? I only just started my first dedicated server and made myself admin and just started tweaking with permissions and server settings.

Download it, and read the instructions.txt file that's included. Easiest way.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it with the sarcastic post above?

...it's not exactly sarcasm, but we still like him anyway, 'cause he's cute and fuzzy. :)

give me your output_log.txt ands I will save you.

Or you can contact imposters who claim to know everything.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- smarter than most

This is exactly the same error popping up with slaanhatten when trying to play local MP or dedi server, I'd be interested to know if that is the large town he is speaking of. There's a copy of the output log from both the client and host in the slaanhatten thread if thats any help.

It's easy enough to duplicate if you have access to a dedi server and install the custom hub, local MP plays fine until someone else connects and heads into the hub.

What is it with the sarcastic post above?

I m absolutely serious; if you give me your output_log.txt I may be able to solve the problem.

Barring that I would ask for your .xmls and prefabs.

If all you use is vanilla and COMPOPack I need no files and would investigate further although the log should give me that information and your files would be unnecessary.

The other remarks also hold true.

There are individuals (one in particular) who thinks they are know more than I with .xmls yet every time a major error comes that they do not understand they simply throw some noncommittal remark and fade away being decidedly unhelpful.

On the rest of their information they offer incomplete, misleading, and often fallacious observations/tutorials and when question become belligerent and cry to moderators.

As for the vote tag this also holds true.

I am more intelligent than most and certainly one of the more educated and knowledgeable individuals here regarding these .xmls.

I have no doubt there are those more well-versed than I and they seem to be humble wallflower sorts who are neither as rambunctious or acerbic as I.

While these may seems assertions which are both brash, narcissistic, offensive, some kind of insecure front, or any of many particular adjectives you wish to ascribe to me/my remarks; one thing holds true:

I will actually spend time working to solve your issue and help you understand how I troubleshooted your problem so you and others can do it in the future.

To wit; I back up my talk with busting my ass to help you.

It's your choice.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- there can be only One.

Hey mag I was wondering if you knew what my problem is and how to fix it, I no longer get spawns at the custom prefabs not even screamers. Right now I am at the asylum and have not seen one for days but if I go like 30 seconds maybe less in real time they show up. I am not sure but I dont remember seeing a horde there as well, might be mistaken on that part. I have 2 to 3 forges on and a camp fire burning for days with nothing happening. Thanks mate I would really appreciate it.

Hey h0tr0d, thanks for explaining. I wasn't sure about the whole story fiasco.

Btw, im not the one with the OP issue. I think you misquote me with the other person.

But anyway, if you are happy to help me as well (mag is probably very busy) i have an issue which entirely different than the other guy.

You can check my post here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen&p=393960&viewfull=1#post393960

Hey mag I was wondering if you knew what my problem is and how to fix it, I no longer get spawns at the custom prefabs not even screamers. Right now I am at the asylum and have not seen one for days but if I go like 30 seconds maybe less in real time they show up. I am not sure but I dont remember seeing a horde there as well, might be mistaken on that part. I have 2 to 3 forges on and a camp fire burning for days with nothing happening. Thanks mate I would really appreciate it.

Sounds like you need the XML fix that Clockwork Orange has, I was having spawn issues until I loaded his XML fix mod.

like Tahoenvy said:

I strongly recommend to use "clockwork's unofficial fixes" - then the spawning-problem is gone

I havent tested it on A13.8 - but I fully trust clockwork orange !! He really knows what he is doing !!!

His mod fixes more Issues - not alone the spawning-Issue.

@vosszaa:

Yes - this prefab seems to have a problem !!! I had glitches on that one too.

Its "xcostum_WWHouse(by_IceJudge)a13_v1"

Iam sure there is somewhere a rotation-bug-block since the converting from A12 to A13 !!!

I will take care of that next week.

btw:

Have u anytime asked yourselfs:

Why there was a COMPOPACK available - just a few hours after the official Game-updates (A12 , A13) ???

Its easy: Because I had the chance to do preworks for the coming game-alphas !!!

This time it seems i didnt have that chance :( !!!

THIS MEANS:

(when my info- and datasituation stays the same like now):

There will be NO "COMPOPACK for Alpha14" at least 2-3 weeks after A14 is out officially !!!

Because that is about the time I needed in earlier alphas to match the CP to the new gameconditions of the released alphas.

That always was a secret process - unknown to the puplic (ppl who have that privileg are not allowed to talk about :p )

So - perhaps my situation changes for some reason. Then I OFC report it here.

Till then

cya

mag

Hey, fix my problem then. I PM'ed you like two weeks ago, slacker.

I don't recall seeing it; did you send it or did you click send and not see the inbox full message?

I only have received pms from Gamida and stallionsden in the past weeks.

Hey h0tr0d, thanks for explaining. I wasn't sure about the whole story fiasco.

Btw, im not the one with the OP issue. I think you misquote me with the other person.

But anyway, if you are happy to help me as well (mag is probably very busy) i have an issue which entirely different than the other guy.

You can check my post here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen&p=393960&viewfull=1#post393960

My "sarcastic post" responded to the Funyuns fellow. The explanation was to you.

What precisely was the issue? I followed your link and am still unsure.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- they say the memory's the first thing to go; I can't remember what's next

@h0tr0d

That particular prefab has a glitch where one of the entire side get cut off. Sometime at the back sometime at the side as you can see in the picture. But dont worry about it now Mag is now notice the issue and will fix it in the next release I think

Also if you can tell me where can i find these prefabs in the game? I have trouble finding them

- The Walking Dead Prison

- Ruin City with massive highway

I don't recall seeing it; did you send it or did you click send and not see the inbox full message?

I only have received pms from Gamida and stallionsden in the past weeks.

Might have been longer, we even went back and forth on it. :) No worries, I'll hit you up again when I stop being lazy.

no - its ok - when h0tr0d finds the Issue on that quicker iam happy.

Do u get that r0d ??? - u got free hand here ! ;)

to the coords:

<cell_rule name="TWD_PrisonHub" position="2,2" prob="0"/>

this is somewhere 1000north , 1000east

<cell_rule name="SlumsHub" position="-2,-2" prob="0"/>

this is somewhere 1000south , 1000west

(sometimes they wont appear in their hubs - then just use another seed !!! Restart game before seeding please !!!! )

Mag

Ok I give up. 30 seeds tested with fully restart game and still no TWD Prison nor Slum

If anyone knows a seed that actually has these POIs please let me know

As hotrod mentioned. Post your rwgmixer and output log and prefabs folder here. If you dont know where it is common/7daystodie /7daystodie_data

I use rwgmixer from here (cp17) and no other prefabs apart from vanilla and compo

Here is output log: http://pastebin.com/eYEJu2VX

Ok no errors in output.log. how did you copy the prefab folder from the compo pack. Did you delete game folder and move compo pack prefab folder in or did you simply drag and drop amd overwrite. Simply both the above is wrong. You need to open compo pack prefab folder select all copy then open game prefab folder and paste. If you have previous compo pack it will come up with overwrite simply press yes. If not then it will paste inside.

This is a common error people do when trying to get cp prefab folder into game.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we see your rwgmixer please

to the coords:

this is somewhere 1000north , 1000east

<cell_rule name="SlumsHub" position="-2,-2" prob="0"/>

this is somewhere 1000south , 1000west

Thank you Mag!

On the coords, what does "prob=0" means? Probability? If it is set to 0 then it will never spawn?

Also in the "position" value, value of 1 = 500 blocks?

the position is the number of cells, with 0,0 being the central hub cell. Each cell can only have 1 hub.

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="16" cell_size="1600" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="12000">

The highlighted parts are the relevant bits.

2,2 would be 1600*2 east and north (negatives are west and south)

The offset is a ratio of the cell size that the hub can be centered from the middle of the cell. So 1600 * 0.6.

2,2 would be within roughly 500 blocks of 3200 north and 3200 east. If you want to be sure to find it at exactly 3200,3200 then set the offset to 0.

The prob values are explained in detail here, however if a cell_rule has a position attribute then it will be spawned at that location regardless of what the prob value is set to. If it's listed before or after any cell rules with a prob > 0 and it has a prob=0 for itself then it wont spawn anywhere except at the position.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived